Subject: Southern California 18xx Monthly Game Day rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Garret Wehrman
United States
Garden Grove
California
flag msg tools
Please contact me about playing 18xx in Southern California.
badge
Hello cursor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Orange County 18xx Monthly Game Day
Greetings, today we finally hit full capacity with 14 attendees across three tables. Titles that hit the table today included 1761, 1817 and 1841. The next meetup is scheduled for 12/16, hope to see you here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garret Wehrman
United States
Garden Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Hello cursor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all. We had nine attendees today and got in plays of 1761 and 1870. Also, I just wanted to thank everyone who’s attended the meetups this year. We started the year as just a small group of friends who were looking to find some additional players and now we are consistently seeing two to three tables playing 18xx games every month. Everyone has been a joy to play with and it truly couldn’t have gone any better thus far. The next meetup is scheduled for 1/20, hope to see you here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garret Wehrman
United States
Garden Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Hello cursor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the delay, it's been a busy week. This month we had seven attendees and had 1761 and 1846 on the table. We ended a little earlier than normal but didn't have time for another 18xx so we also played For Sale, Trick of the Rails, Turin Market and Combat Commander: Europe. Next month's meetup is scheduled for 2/17, the same weekend of Strategicon. Hope to see you here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garret Wehrman
United States
Garden Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Hello cursor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all. This month we only had seven attendees as many of our regulars attended Strategicon. Our tables consisted of a teaching game of 1846 and a three player game of 18Ireland. Next month's gathering is scheduled for 3/17, hope to see you here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garret Wehrman
United States
Garden Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Hello cursor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Good morning everyone. This month we had 13 attendees across three tables playing 1817, 1844 and 1822CA along with a quick game of Locomotive Werks. I forgot to mention it during the meetup, but this month marked our one year anniversary of hosting the game day. As always, thank you to all that attend, there wouldn't be as many games without you.

Next month's meetup will be delayed one week to 4/28 due to Easter. Hope to see you here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garret Wehrman
United States
Garden Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Hello cursor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the delay. Last month we had nine attendees across two tables. One table spent all day in a five player game of 1880. Our other table got in a four player game of 1860 fittingly followed by a three player game of 1861. This month's meetup is scheduled for Saturday, 5/18. Hope to see you here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garret Wehrman
United States
Garden Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Hello cursor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Today we had 11 people attendee. One table played 1850 while another played 1822CA. My table got in a play of 18Mex and a learning game of 1817 which I very much enjoyed.

Next month’s meetup will be delayed one week to 6/23 due to Father’s Day. Hope to see you here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kylan Swank
United States
Corona
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have never played any of the 18xx games, and was interested in trying one out. Is this a good group for this? If so, how would I sign up? Not sure if I can make the 23rd, but possibly one in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want, contact Paul at SoCal Games Connection. Among other places, they game at Shuffle & Cut in La Habra, which should be about an hour away for you. Shuffle & Cut has a very nice game room. Paul may also know of an event nearer to you; he's a big train gamer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garret Wehrman
United States
Garden Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Hello cursor.
mbmbmbmbmb
pchomp wrote:
I have never played any of the 18xx games, and was interested in trying one out. Is this a good group for this? If so, how would I sign up? Not sure if I can make the 23rd, but possibly one in the future.
Feel free to shoot me a GM when you think you can make it out. We do have room this month if you end up being able to make it and we're always happy to teach new players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Giroir
United States
Mission Viejo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pchomp wrote:

Also if you ever have a weekend where you want to come down to the OC I'm sure we can get a 18xx learning day going. I ran them a lot for a while with co-workers. Feel free to DM Garret or myself anytime you want this to happen and I'm sure we can figure out a good time and run a teaching game of whatever game you want!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelsin wrote:
pchomp wrote:

Also if you ever have a weekend where you want to come down to the OC I'm sure we can get a 18xx learning day going. I ran them a lot for a while with co-workers. Feel free to DM Garret or myself anytime you want this to happen and I'm sure we can figure out a good time and run a teaching game of whatever game you want!

I'll come help!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Giroir
United States
Mission Viejo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jschlickbernd wrote:
Kelsin wrote:
pchomp wrote:

I'll come help!!!

Are you up in LA Jennifer? I'm in Mission Viejo (slightly south OC).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m in Santa Clarita but I can drive 🙂 Always happy to help newbies with 18xx.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garret Wehrman
United States
Garden Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Hello cursor.
mbmbmbmbmb
We've still got a few spots for the meetup on Sunday if anyone is interested, please feel free to GM me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garret Wehrman
United States
Garden Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Hello cursor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to everyone who joined us yesterday, we had ten attendees for the day. My table got in a quick game of 1846 followed by 1850. Our second table played 1889 and 1849 while the final table got in a play of 1822MX. Next month’s meetup is scheduled for 7/21, hope you all can make it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garret Wehrman
United States
Garden Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Hello cursor.
mbmbmbmbmb
As always, thank you to everyone who attended. We had 10 people playing across three tables. Games that were brought out included 1880, 1841, 1830, 1832 and German Railways. Next month's meetup is scheduled for 8/18, hope to see you here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Starr
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemem wrote:
As always, thank you to everyone who attended. We had 10 people playing across three tables. Games that were brought out included 1880, 1841, 1830, 1832 and German Railways. Next month's meetup is scheduled for 8/18, hope to see you here.

Pretty amazed our table played 1841 and 1830 in 6.5 hours. Of course 1841 was called and 1830 was a bankruptcy, but any time I get to play more than one game I am a happy boy. German Railways was just sugar on top.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garret Wehrman
United States
Garden Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Hello cursor.
mbmbmbmbmb
We still have a couple spots available for this Sunday's meetup if anyone is interested in attending.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garret Wehrman
United States
Garden Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Hello cursor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to those who attended. We had three tables today, getting in plays of 1822CA, 1832 and 18Mex. Our next meetup is scheduled for 9/15, hope you can make it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemem wrote:
Thanks to those who attended. We had three tables today, getting in plays of 1822CA, 1832 and 18Mex. Our next meetup is scheduled for 9/15, hope you can make it.

One day I will. I had it on my calendar but unfortunately I simply could not come yesterday. You folks are playing some 18xx's I'd love to play, particularly 1822CA and 1841. Glad you all had a good time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garret Wehrman
United States
Garden Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Hello cursor.
mbmbmbmbmb
jschlickbernd wrote:
One day I will. I had it on my calendar but unfortunately I simply could not come yesterday. You folks are playing some 18xx's I'd love to play, particularly 1822CA and 1841. Glad you all had a good time.
We'd love to have you Jennifer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garret Wehrman
United States
Garden Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Hello cursor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to everyone who came out yesterday. We had 11 attendees playing across three tables. One table played 18CZ but had to call it early. The second table played a game of 1849 and then a prototype of Grand Trunk Game’s reprint of 1861. Finally my table had a bankruptcy in 1889 and then we finished the day with a play of 18MEX. The next meetup is scheduled for 10/20, hope to see you here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Starr
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Folks,

We have 3 players scheduled to play 1817 in Mission Viejo this Saturday 10/12 starting around 10am.

Looking for a fourth, fifth, or sixth!

-Josh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garret Wehrman
United States
Garden Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Hello cursor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to everyone who came out yesterday. We had thirteen attendees playing 1761, 1817 and 1860. The next scheduled meetup is on 11/17, hope you can make it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |