W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
The 2018 Festival International des Jeux (FIJ) runs Feb. 23-25 in Cannes, France. In 2017, I attended the fair and recorded game overview videos for publication later on YouTube; for 2018, BoardGameGeek will be at the convention with our own booth (04.07) for three days to livestream game demos and interviews with designers and publishers.

Note that while the fair doesn't open to the public until Friday, February 23, we will broadcast starting Thursday, Feb. 22. FIJ added a "professionals only" preview day in 2018, and since all the people we'll have on camera are professionals, it seemed like a good idea to schedule them for a day that might have less background noise. Also, we have a tiny crew in Cannes — just Lincoln and me — so we're going to broadcast for a few hours, take a break, then broadcast more.

The broadcast will be streamed via Twitch and posted on the BGG front page, then the stream will be chopped into individual videos that will be published on the game/publisher/designer BGG page that best fits the subject of that video. (We will post the videos on the BGG YouTube channel as well.) The planned broadcast schedule is below, and of course it might change depending on what happens in the course of the day. In many cases, I know only the publisher, not the specific games they'll be featuring, so I've kept this list to the basics. All times listed are Central European Time (UTC/GMT +1).

Thursday, February 22

13:30 - Libellud
14:00 - Bankiiiz Editions
14:20 - Repos Production
14:40 - Cocktail Games
15:00 - Buzzy Games
15:15 - Malkyrs Studio
15:30 - Sit Down!
15:45 - The Flying Games
16:00 - Superlude Editions
16:15 - (food break)
16:30 - Ludonaute
17:00 - ASYNCRON
17:30 - Igairi
17:45 - ?
18:00 - Bombyx
18:30 - end of the broadcast day

Friday, February 23

10:30 - Sorry We Are French
11:00 - La Boite de Jeu
11:15 - Happy Baobab
11:30 - ?
12:10 - Catch Up
12:30 - (food break)
13:30 - IELLO
14:00 - Morning
14:30 - Pixie Games
15:00 - ?
15:30 - Ankama
16:00 - (food break)
16:30 - Korea Boardgames
16:40 - ?
16:50 - Lifestyle Boardgames
17:15 - ?
17:30 - Ôz Editions
17:50 - ?

Saturday, February 24

10:30 - Funforge
10:45 - Explor8
11:15 - Sylex
11:30 - HISPA (Spanish publishers association)
12:00 - Scorpion Masque
12:15 - Game Flow
12:30 - (food break)
13:30 - Matagot
14:00 - ?
15:00 - Blue Orange Games
16:00 - (food break)
16:30 - Blue Cocker
16:45 - ?

As you can see, we still have a few holes to fill in the schedule. Once I arrive in Cannes on Wednesday, I'll survey the floor to see who else wants to jump on camera. I haven't heard back from many of the publishers I contacted a few weeks ago, but I imagine once I'm in their face with a booth ready for use, it might be easier to work out a time with them. We'll see!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Poisy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bonjour :-)
Nice to see you in France.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Gallego
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Mail sent, see you there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope La Boîte de Jeu shows off their expansion for Outlive!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dino G
Switzerland
flag msg tools
badge
Perfect speed, my son, is being there.
mbmbmbmbmb
Azul wins Game of the Year (l'As d'Or), Terraforming Mars wins Expert game of the year and Outfoxed! wins in the children's category. Congrats!

Nominees: http://www.festivaldesjeux-cannes.com/asdor/winners
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.