Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the Star Realms Masters Series, Cosmic Discipline!

This is the main competition thread for the Cosmic Discipline in Season 2 of the Star Realms Masters Series, while there will be plenty of information contained here, additional information can be found in the main thread:

Star Realms Masters Series – main discussion & announcement thread

The Fleets discipline is centered on competition using the Cosmic Gmabits digital expansion and the Colony Wars Base Set for this season. Players who have qualified for the discipline should subscribe to this thread.

The Qualifier tournament, the Grind and the Exhibition tournament will all be played with format W-C, while the Crossover tournaments on the Circuit for this discipline will be W-1C, W-BC, W-EC, W-HC, W-FC, & W-C2. There are eight chances to earn an entry into the Mastery Invitational; by being the highest discipline finisher in any of the six Crossover tournaments, winning the Exhibition tournament, or finishing first in the Grind. If a player earns an invite through multiple means, their extra spot(s) will be awarded to the next highest finisher in The Grind. All discipline members will participate in the Mastery Open Tournament. Both halves of the Mastery Tournament will be W-C.

Qualifier Tournament
The Qualifier tournament is a six-round swiss competition. In each round, players will be paired up a play a 2-Game match in the prescribed format, recording the match result in Challonge as a win for a player winning both games, or a tie if the players split the games. In general, the Top-16 players will qualify (specifics in main thread). Trophy points will be awarded to qualifiers: 9-10 games won = 1 TP, 11-12 games won = 2 TP, 13-14 games won = 3 TP.

The Grind
Over the course of the season, discipline members will compete in a round-robin competition. Each week facing a different discipline peer in a two game set. The winner of the Grind will earn a spot in the Mastery Invitational. Trophy points will be awarded for performance in the Grind based on positional finish.

Crossover Tournaments
Each crossover tournament will be a double-elimination tournament that the members from two separate disciplines will come together to compete in, using the combined expansion format. All matches in the upper bracket will be played as best-of-three games, while matches in the lower bracket will be played as single-games. The final match will be played as a lop-sided best-of-five. The winner receives 4 trophy points, second and third place each earn 3 trophy points, fourth through eighth each earn 2 trophy point, and ninth through sixteenth all receive 1 trophy point. Participants who are members of both disciplines will receive the full amount of rewarded trophy points toward their ranking in both disciplines.

The Exhibition
The exhibition tournament will be a single-elimination tournament open to discipline members and non-members. Each match will be best-of-three games. There will be no trophy points awarded in the exhibition, but the winner, regardless of if they are a discipline member or not, will earn a spot in the Mastery Invitational. This event is designed to allow more players to participate in the seasonal proceedings, even if they fail to qualify for a discipline.

Mastery Tournament
Both halves of the mastery tournament are single elimination, and matches will be played as best-of-three games by default. Entry into the Invitational half requires winning the Exhibition, being the highest finishing discipline member in any of the Crossover tournaments, or finishing at the top of the table in the Grind, with extra spots (due to players qualifying multiple ways) going to the next highest finishers in the Grind. In the Open half of the tournament, advantages will be given to players who have accumulated more trophy points than their opponents. The idea is to place an appropriate level of importance on performance in earlier tournaments, while still allowing any member a reasonable chance at winning the mastery. The winners of the Open and the Invitational will then face off in a best-of-five to determine the discipline master.

Tentative Calendar

Qualifier Tournament - Complete
The Grind Tournament - Ongoing

Crossover Events, W-EC - Ongoing
Crossover Aces, W-1C - March 14
Crossover Bases, W-BC - March 26
Crossover Heroes, W-HC - April 11
Crossover Deuces, W-C2 - April 25
Crossover Fleets, W-FC - May 8
Exhibition Tournament - May 24

Mastery Invitational -
Mastery Open Tournament -

[ Aces | Bases | Events | Heroes | Fleets | Cosmic | Deuces ]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trophy Point Tracker

| Q | E | A | B | H | D | F | G || Tot
Vasta* | 0 | 2 | 4 | 4 | 0 | 0 | | || 10
Bryistupid | 2 | 0 | 2 | 2 | 1 | 2 | | || 9
SonofThoth94 | 2 | 1 | 1 | 2 | 1 | 2 | | || 9
Ciago | 1 | 2 | 3 | 1 | 0 | 1 | | || 8
dlow* | 2 | 3 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 3 | | || 8
Agamon | 0 | 3 | 1 | 2 | 0 | 1 | | || 7
AngryPanda | 2 | 0 | 2 | 1 | 0 | 2 | | || 7
Wheels* | 1 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 2 | + | | || 7
ShinyObject | 1 | 1 | 0 | 3 | 0 | 0 | | || 5
Deegan* | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 4 | 0 | | || 5
rocksbg | 1 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 0 | | || 4
SilentAl | 1 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 0 | 0 | | || 4
WestDaddyUtd | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 0 | | || 4
ILLegaL | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 0 | | || 4
Mithrophon | 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | | || 3
Arcaiser | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 2 | 0 | | || 3
Av3nger | 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | || 2
GodURmyall | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | | || 1

*earned invite

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Results:

Exhibition Tournament: Underway

Events & Cosmic Crossover:
dlow loses final to Arecsius, but earns invite
Agamon finished third.
Poca takes fourth.

Aces & Cosmic Crossover:
Vasta wins over Poca, earns invite.
Ciago finished third.
dommola takes fourth.

Bases & Cosmic Crossover:
Vasta wins over SilentAl, earns invite.
ShinyObject finished third.
dommola takes fourth.

Heroes & Cosmic Crossover:
Deegan wins over WestDaddyUtd, earns invite.
iLLegaL finished third.
arcaiser takes fourth.

Cosmic & Deuces Crossover: Ongoing.

Fleets & Cosmic Crossover: Ongoing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Events & Cosmic Crossover has launched.

As a reminder - matches in the upper bracket are best-of-three, but matches in the lower bracker are single-game.

Crossover - Events & Cosmic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy G
Italy
Morbegno
Sondrio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CrankyDay wrote:

As a reminder - matches in the upper bracket are best-of-three, but matches in the lower bracker are single-game.

My opponent is still "invitation pending": should I wait before challenging him?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Asier Barcena Petisco
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
Slowly, with joy, forward, to the edge of unknown.
mbmbmbmbmb
GThreepwood wrote:
CrankyDay wrote:

My opponent is still "invitation pending": should I wait before challenging him?

Not really. Whether they accept the invitation, the brackets are the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is more important than ever to be the one to send challenges, and report results even if it’s a loss) when someone isn’t watching their emails closely enough. I’ll pester them separately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Today is Round 2 of the Grind.

Round 1 matches remaining:

WestDaddyUtd vs. iLLegaL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vitalii Tiutiunnyk
Ukraine
London, UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CrankyDay wrote:
Today is Round 2 of the Grind.

Round 1 matches remaining:

WestDaddyUtd vs. iLLegaL

Where can I find the brackets for the Grind, please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Sarkissian
United States
Richmond
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
illegal wrote:
Where can I find the brackets for the Grind, please?

They are on Challonge.com. You should have gotten an email invitation to join them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’ll continuously go through and add helpful links here and in other discipline threads as I am able. The link to the Grind tournament is now up in the OP in the calendar section.

You can also always just go to sr-masters.challonge.com to see all of the tournaments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trayton Otto
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Round 3 of the Grind started on Friday 3/9. Thanks to everyone for finishing Round 2 in a timely manner.

https://sr-masters.challonge.com/season2_cosmic_grind

Crossover Aces-Cosmics starts tomorrow.

https://sr-masters.challonge.com/season2_1c_crossover
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Events and Cosmic Crossover has come to a conclusion.

After dropping into the lower bracket from the Quarterfinals, dlow battled back through a five game win streak to challege his QF foe, Arcesius, but came up short, but the win over Agamon in the lower finals still gives dlow the invite to the Cosmic Mastery Invitational tournament.

Cosmic did okay against Events, earning 4 of the top-8 spots (two crossover players), with 9 members earning trophy points. (1st = 4 TP, 2nd/3rd = 3 TP, 4th/5th/7th = 2 TP, 9th/13th = 1 TP)

2, dlow
3, Agamon
5, Vasta
7, Ciago
9, Mithrophon & SonofThoth94
13, Av3nger, rocksbg, & ShinyObject
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Today is the start of the Grind, Round 07.

Aces & Cosmic Crossover is coming along just swell. points in the Trophy Point standings have been added for this tournament, a "+" means the player is still in the tournaments, and has the potential to earn more than their current total shows.

In Bases & Cosmic Crossover, our oldest match in single game in the lower, kennfusion vs. irvek

This discipline is doing great! way to keep on top of things. Next week is the Heroes & Cosmic crossover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Southworth
msg tools
mb
Ciago, I just checked your path through the bracket... What a crazy series of players: HomerJr, SilentAl, TAGames, SonOfThoth94, Wheels, politesc, bryistupid, dommola, Poca. The average win percent of those players is 62.33. 7 of 9 are at 62% or higher. You just went toe-to-type with some of the best players in the game, and I'm honestly sorry it had to end with a deck one Factory World. This game is dumb sometimes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ciago
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PocahontasTP wrote:
Ciago, I just checked your path through the bracket... What a crazy series of players: HomerJr, SilentAl, TAGames, SonOfThoth94, Wheels, politesc, bryistupid, dommola, Poca. The average win percent of those players is 62.33. 7 of 9 are at 62% or higher. You just went toe-to-type with some of the best players in the game, and I'm honestly sorry it had to end with a deck one Factory World. This game is dumb sometimes.

Yeah, that made me cry. I probably should have paid attention to you topdecking that blob thing and just hit explorers to be safe. Such are the vagaries of the game I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cosmic-Deuces Crossover seems to be held up by a couple of unreported (unplayed?) early-round games:

Losers Round 2: Mithrophon vs Kerand

Losers Round 3: WestDaddyUtd vs Ciago

Not that I'm in a rush to get Omnified again (Arcesius clearly gave Ominous my number...); but if it's going to happen, it would be good to get it over with

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ciago
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up, I completely missed this. Challenge being issued asap
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Aces and Cosmic Crossover:

Vasta powered through all the way to the finals, and was then able to defend against Poca who'd came back up after a winners final loss, to earn an invite to the Cosmic Mastery Invitational.

Cosmic and Aces split the top-8 spots, and scored 15 trophy points each.
(1st = 4TP, 2nd/3rd = 3TP, 4th/5th/7th = 2TP, 9th/13th = 1TP)

1, Vasta
3, Ciago
5, Bryistupid
7, AngryPanda
9, rocksbg, & Wheels
13, Agamon, & SonofThoth94

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Bases and Cosmic Crossover:

Vasta powered through all the way to the finals, and was then able to defend against SilentAl who'd came back up after a winners final loss, to earn an invite to the Cosmic Mastery Invitational. (this sounds familiar)

Cosmic came out ahead over Bases, taking the top 3-spots, and scoring 19 trophy points to bases 15.

1, Vasta
2, SilentAl
3, ShinyObject
5, SonofThoth94
7, Agamon, & Bryistupid
9, Ciago
13, AngryPanda, & arcaiser

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Heroes and Cosmic Crossover:

Deegan powered through all the way to the finals, and was then able to defend against WestDaddyUtd who'd came back up after a winners final loss, to earn an invite to the Cosmic Mastery Invitational. (this was a high stakes match with both players representing both disciplines)

Cosmic came out behind against the Heroes, despite 5 players in the top-8, earning 17 trophy points to heroes 20.

1, Deegan
2, WestDaddyUtd
3, iLLegaL
4, arcaiser
5, Wheels
9, rocksbg
13, Bryistupid, & SonofThoth94

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.