Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

GMT COIN Series» Forums » General

Subject: Any events in the Western U.S. that have coin gaming/tournaments at? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
N Cart

Utah
msg tools
As per the title, are there any events that occur in the western U.S. that have coin games being played in force? I mostly play the coin games solo but would love to go to some events where I could get some multiplayer coin gaming in.

Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Consimworld Expo in Tempe Arizona!

June 23-30, 2018

GMT comes to this expo, COIN games are played (no tournaments though I think).

And you can meet me, if you can find me... I might have a prototype version of a new COIN game to show.

http://expo.consimworld.com/register

Brian
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a heavy presence of COIN games at the War Game Boot Camp at Pacificon:

http://www.pacificongameexpo.com/
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Buchanan
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There are many where COIN is played. Let me know where you live and I can be specific.

Our event in San Diego had a lot of COIN activity including Volko himself there with All Bridges Burning and his expansion for Falling Sky. We also had a large team liberty or death event with minis and a 4x map. www.sdhist.com

Bruce Mansfield was there testing Gandhi and Mark Herman was there as well.

Harold
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hankhankhank wrote:
There are many where COIN is played. Let me know where you live and I can be specific.

Our event in San Diego had a lot of COIN activity including Volko himself there with All Bridges Burning and his expansion for Falling Sky. We also had a large team liberty or death event with minis and a 4x map. www.sdhist.com

Bruce Mansfield was there testing Gandhi and Mark Herman was there as well.

Harold
Any idea when this year's event will be? I really wanted to get to the 2017 one and meet you, but sadly I was not able to (then a buddy who WAS there teased me with photos all weekend).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Buchanan
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Second weekend in November - Chad Jensen also coming this year.

HB
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N Cart

Utah
msg tools
I am from Utah, I don't think anything happens here coin related, but neighboring states shouldn't be too hard to get to.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Buchanan
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ganx281 wrote:
I am from Utah, I don't think anything happens here coin related, but neighboring states shouldn't be too hard to get to.
SD is one state away - but Consim World in Tempe AZ is a good chance to play - nothing arranged so you would have to pick something up but players abound.

http://expo.consimworld.com/
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hankhankhank wrote:
Second weekend in November - Chad Jensen also coming this year.

HB
Cool, thanks. Noted on my calendar now. I'd really like to make it this year--especially now that I've successfully wrapped my head around COIN, specifically LoD and Pendragon.

It would be cool to meet Chad as well. CC:E is near the top of my buy list for another tactical WWII war game. I played at EsCon a couple of years ago when the had the little tournament and really enjoyed it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls