Subject: March 2018 Metro Vancouver No-Ship Math Trade - Discussion Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grand Prince Poutine Lord High Thrifter
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
Please support the International Diplomacy Repository -- where your donations of Diplomacy games are always happily accepted!
Microbadge: Rush fan
Please use this thread for questions, comments, et cetera on the November 2017 Metro Vancouver No-Ship Math Trade.

• Trade geeklist: March 2018 Metro Vancouver No-Ship Math Trade

• Request geeklist: March 2018 Metro Vancouver No-Ship Math Trade - Request List

• Deadlines: Posting games (Saturday, 17 March 2018 at 23:00 PDT) & Want list submissions (Wednesday, 21 March 2018 at 18:00 PDT)

Where & When Do We Meet:

Terminal City Tabletop Convention
Croatian Cultural Centre
3250 Commercial Drive
Vancouver, British Columbia

Saturday, 24 March 2018 at 08:30 PDT

We will meet in the parking lot of the Croatian Cultural Centre -- not inside the Centre or near its entrance.

If, for any reason, you are not able to meet at the appointed time and place, it is your responsibility to make alternate arrangements with your trading counterpart(s). Furthermore, in this case, you must be able to meet up within one week of the end of the math trade.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO PAY FOR THE CONVENTION IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE MATH TRADE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Octavius
Canada
Chilliwack
BC
flag msg tools
Microbadge: So Very Wrong About Games fanMicrobadge: 'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner Knizia
Quote:

Every pair of traders will arrange their own meeting time at the convention. Due to circumstances beyond my control, we are not able to arrange one specific time for everyone to meet.
Are we no longer allowed to meet in the hall beforehand?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
Please support the International Diplomacy Repository -- where your donations of Diplomacy games are always happily accepted!
TCTC is in a new location this year and we've been asked to not congregate all together before the convention starts -- and that's totally fair. We were offered a different time during the convention, but this isn't really workable since everyone will be gaming -- and that's pretty awkward. After reflection and consultation, I decided that, although it's not perfect, this was the least disrupting option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Fung
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
Love playing tile games!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Juxtatype,

Maybe we can congregate outside the Trout Lake Community Centre instead before the convention? It's only a 6 minute walk according to Google Maps.

I like the idea of an appointed time and place where everyone meets, especially for those who aren't attending the convention.

-kl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Lutz
Canada
Chilliwack
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Battlestar Galactica - I am a CylonMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: Parent of Two BoysMicrobadge: Math TraderMicrobadge: Cat lover
Maebon wrote:
Quote:

Every pair of traders will arrange their own meeting time at the convention. Due to circumstances beyond my control, we are not able to arrange one specific time for everyone to meet.
Are we no longer allowed to meet in the hall beforehand?
Awe man, thats deflating. For an out of towner and someone not attending the event this sounds like too much work.

Regardless, thanks again Jux for setting this up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
Your present interlocutor is currently seeking a solution to this situation. I agree that one set meet-up time is preferable, but there are several complicating factors.

I will report back to you all and update all appropriate threads/lists when a meeting time and place has been established.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I had a plan...
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
Microbadge: To infinity ... and beyond!Microbadge: EastFront fanMicrobadge: Calvin and Hobbes fanMicrobadge: I tipped into the Geekgold infinite loopMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.
Whenever I see one of these annoucements, I get really excited because I think that you're talking about Vancouver Washington (the Cultural Mecca of the Northwest), only to find that once again I am mistaken.

You guys and gals have a great auction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
autumnweave wrote:
Whenever I see one of these annoucements, I get really excited because I think that you're talking about Vancouver Washington (the Cultural Mecca of the Northwest), only to find that once again I am mistaken.

Please do know that we happily welcome participants from the great State of Washington!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Lee
Canada
vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mb
Trout lake sounds good to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Lutz
Canada
Chilliwack
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Battlestar Galactica - I am a CylonMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: Parent of Two BoysMicrobadge: Math TraderMicrobadge: Cat lover
autumnweave wrote:

5¢ for making me laugh by putting cultural mecca and Vancouver, Was together in one sentence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mb
Hoping that if it is a set time, it's not 10am as I'm running demos then. Looking forward to trading some games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Lutz
Canada
Chilliwack
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
chicomaz wrote:
Hoping that if it is a set time, it's not 10am as I'm running demos then. Looking forward to trading some games!
Someone could always proxy for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mb
mancora wrote:
chicomaz wrote:
Someone could always proxy for you.
True! Thank you for reminding me of that. I can definitely find someone to grab/give any games I manage to trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
chicomaz wrote:
The meet-up time will absolutely not be during the convention itself. It will be before. Something like 8:30.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Gorniak
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So the TCTC silent auction requires registration this year, and the deadline to register games coincides with the end of the wantlist submission period for this trade (22nd at 1800). Any chance we can make the deadline for this trade earlier so that results are available and people can list things that did not trade at the auction?

http://www.terminalcitytabletop.com/silent-auction/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Without a proper meeting place it will be hard to dump free games on you suckers! Guess I'll just need to save it all for the next trade!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
Hear ye! Hear ye!

I have consulted the Council of Elders and I am handing down rulings on two important matters concerning this math trade.

1. The meet-up for this math trade is going to be on Saturday, 24 March at 8:30am. We will meet in the parking lot of the Croatian Cultural Centre -- not in the Centre or near its entrance. Should it be raining, we will gather underneath the Skytrain line which runs immediately adjacent to the parking lot.

2. I am going to move back the deadlines for both the posting of games and the submission of want lists by one day. This is to accommodate submissions to the TCTC silent auction.

I fully realize that I am not going to please everyone with these rulings, but I'm afraid that's the way it is. Any questions or concerns? Just geekmail me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Lutz
Canada
Chilliwack
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Juxtatype wrote:
Hear ye! Hear ye!
...1. The meet-up for this math trade is going to be on Saturday, 24 March at 8:30am. We will meet in the parking lot of the Croatian Cultural Centre -- not in the Centre or near its entrance. Should it be raining, we will gather underneath the Skytrain line which runs immediately adjacent to the parking lot.
Dang, that would mean i need to leave at about 6:30am to get there on time. Maybe next time shake

If anyone is interested in my games please check for for trade list, maybe we can do a 1-1 side trade at a later date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mancora wrote:
Juxtatype wrote:
Hear ye! Hear ye!
...1. The meet-up for this math trade is going to be on Saturday, 24 March at 8:30am. We will meet in the parking lot of the Croatian Cultural Centre -- not in the Centre or near its entrance. Should it be raining, we will gather underneath the Skytrain line which runs immediately adjacent to the parking lot.
Dang, that would mean i need to leave at about 6:30am to get there on time. Maybe next time shake

If anyone is interested in my games please check for for trade list, maybe we can do a 1-1 side trade at a later date.
Is there any reason that you can't make arrangements with the people you trade with to meet up later in the morning/day?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
hist wrote:
mancora wrote:
Juxtatype wrote:
Hear ye! Hear ye!

Is there any reason that you can't make arrangements with the people you trade with to meet up later in the morning/day?
Yes, I've geekmailed Matt a suggestion related to that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Octavius
Canada
Chilliwack
BC
flag msg tools
Microbadge: So Very Wrong About Games fanMicrobadge: 'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner Knizia
One else having problems with the OLWLG? The list is empty for me right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Li
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Same, I see no items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, this is an OLWLG problem, not an "us" problem.

Apparently, the gremlins have got into the API (whatever that is), but I'm sure Jeff (who runs the OLWLG) is on the case. Give it a day or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Lutz
Canada
Chilliwack
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Quote:
I've thought about that, but it could get VERY complicated as I wouldn't want to give a window larger then 1 hour, and that's a lot to expect on others that are following the timelines of the meetup. If there out of towners as well it could pose other issues.

Anyone from Chilliwack attending and wants to be my proxy? Those who have proxied before know theres always giftcard attached for their troubles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Octavius
Canada
Chilliwack
BC
flag msg tools
Juxtatype wrote:
Yes, this is an OLWLG problem, not an "us" problem.

Apparently, the gremlins have got into the API (whatever that is), but I'm sure Jeff (who runs the OLWLG) is on the case. Give it a day or so.
Looks like it's working again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |