Ivo van Kreveld
I don't have the game here with me, but I will try to answer as much as I can.
I have played this game yesterday for the first time in years and now have some question. I hope someone still can help me. (I only have the German version so some word might not be correct.)
1) One investigator had a trauma card that allowed him only one weapon. What happens, if he finds another one when exploring?
1a) Can he drop the first and take the new one?
1b) Can he discard his weapon to take the new one?
1c) Does he have to use an action to drop the first one and in a later turn explore the same space to choose one of the weapons?
Hmm, I don't know. I think it should have said that on the card. Strange that it doesn't do that.
2) Can a monster only carry one sample token?
The rules mention on page 12: "When a monster with sample tokens is killed, all its sample tokens are discarded.", which implies monsters can carry multiple sample tokens.
3) We played the 3rd scenario and it seemed that the crowbar was necessary for the investigators to find all clue cards. I think I had a mythos card with which I could destroy one of the cards of the investigators. Is that possible?
Are you sure you could completely destroy any card? If happens often that players need certain "key" cards to progress in the game. I think most game-effects that do something with "key" cards let the players drop it, so they can later pick it back up.
4) Scenario 3-1C: The Investigators had to solve a puzzle to win. How would they start solving the puzzle? It was on the Objective card. Would they make an explore action in the room with the last clue card?
I guess there was a puzzle card in the explore pile in that room? In that case, the answer is yes. Otherwise, it should say on the objective card how the investigators can start the puzzle.
5) Does using the crucifix count as an attack or does the investigator first make evade test? It seems that way, but feels strange.
If I remember right, using the crucifix is a card action. Since you're doing a different action than an attack, you should evade monsters on your space. I don't think this is really strange. Thematically, you are trying to use the crucifix while evading monsters.
6) Is the Errata and FAQ Version 2.0 the latest that was available? Unfortunately finding anything for the first edition is nearly impossible on the FFG websites.
Already answered in the post above.