Popular Tags: [View All]
Hugo
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I'm having a hard time figuring out how battle plans work... :-(
From general doubts to specific:

a) What happens to the CPs when you successfully activate your battle plan? do they all get lost or none gets lost? For example, a player has accumulated 8CPS, gets a roll of 7. What happens to the CPs?

b) Assuming your Battle Plan is already active, when do you write your orders on the Battle plan, before rolling for CPs or afterwards?

c) So, it is turn 2. Clan A is in Defense. My Battle Plan is active and I give the order Totsugeki (assault) to Clan A. However, the chit of clan A never comes out and according to the messenger table goes to the delay track. What happens to the order I gave in the Battle plan, was it uselessly spent? What if Clan A was in Regroup instead of Defense, would it be the same or would I be able to give the order when the rally phase comes?

d) In Nagakute scenario, Togukawa only enters the game on turn 3. When you roll for CPs, there's a -1 if the So-taisho is not in defense. So, do you already assign the orders of the units that only enter the game on turn 3 in the beginning of the game?

e) The Gyorin tactic, are you allowed to put defensive positions only if you get a roll of at least 3 CP?!

I have more doubts but let us keep it like this for now...

Many thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juno
Spain
BCN
flag msg tools
badge
Out of bounds!
mbmbmbmbmb
A) All the CP is lost.

B) You write your orders once you know your CP.

C) The order of the Battle Plan is lost, and the Clan A goes directly to the Delay Track 1 (and in the next Turn to the chit cup).
If Clan A was in defense it would be the same.

D) I don't fully understand your question.

E) At beginning of the game, roll a die to see how many CP you get. That result will be used to know how many Defensive Positions you get and the minimum it's 3. So even if you get a result of 1, you can put 3 Def. Positions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Deniaud
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello,
FVM will confirm but :

- For C : you don't loose your tactic. Clan chit goes on delay track box 1 and you don't roll on messenger table.
- For D, clans out of map are in Move order, always.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Vander Meulen
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arggg,

Juno and Grego are right. Thanks !

What are the other doubts you have ?

François

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juno
Spain
BCN
flag msg tools
badge
Out of bounds!
mbmbmbmbmb
François, regarding question C, Grego and I have diferent interpretations:
juno29 wrote:
The order of the Battle Plan is lost
grego8 wrote:
you don't loose your tactic

Please, can you confirm which interpretation is correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Vander Meulen
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blush
sorry I didn't pay enough attention. Grego is right: the tactic is still usable.And as you wrote, the clan chit is available the next turn.

Thanks

François
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juno
Spain
BCN
flag msg tools
badge
Out of bounds!
mbmbmbmbmb
Arghh, I've playing several games wrong

So, it seems that a tactic is spent:
- When it's used (obviously).
- When a Clan -with a tactic asigned- it's eliminated before draw out his chit.
- When you decide to cancel the asigned tactic when draw out his chit.

Now I have a doubt; following the same example, can I assign a tactic to the same Clan before returning to the bowl?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Vander Meulen
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the chit has to be in the reserve to be assigned a tactic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juno
Spain
BCN
flag msg tools
badge
Out of bounds!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. So, if the tactic of the Battle Plan isn't lost; it's this tactic still assigned to the same Clan, or we need to assign it to another Clan?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugo
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Efvehem wrote:
blush
sorry I didn't pay enough attention. Grego is right: the tactic is still usable.And as you wrote, the clan chit is available the next turn.

Thanks

François

To see if I can get this right, example:
Quote:
So, it is turn 2. Clan A is in Defense. My Battle Plan is active and I give the order Totsugeki (assault) to Clan A. However, the chit of clan A never comes out...

so I put it on the delay track 1.
when you say the tactic is still usable, what are you referring to:
Does this mean I will use the Totsugeki order on the following turn (so I wrote it for turn two, but the chit will come out on turn 3...) or does this mean I can just edit this order to use with the same clan or another Clan next turn?

Francois, I'll be writing my other doubts in other posts because they concern other aspects of the game or if they concern the battle plan I'll update it here to keep things tidier...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Vander Meulen
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
juno29 wrote:
Ok. So, if the tactic of the Battle Plan isn't lost; it's this tactic still assigned to the same Clan, or we need to assign it to another Clan?

Yes the tactic is still assigned to this chit. (You sent your order, only its implementation is delayed).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Vander Meulen
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arggg wrote:

so I put it on the delay track 1.
when you say the tactic is still usable, what are you referring to:
Does this mean I will use the Totsugeki order on the following turn (so I wrote it for turn two, but the chit will come out on turn 3...)

Yes. The Clan A chit is still a Totsugeki. Hopefully it will be drawn on turn 3.

The order you sent on turn 2 has been delayed but it will be implemented on turn 3 (unless it is again left in the bowl).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugo
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Kido (Combined Maneuvers), the rules state 10.4.4 (pp. 11):

(...)

"If the result is equal or lower than 2, then this clan is not activated."

However I don't understand how you can get a modified result of 1... how can you get a minus modifier? "roll 1D6 for each clans to be activated and add to each roll the highest Leadership value of that clan. "

The rules already state that an unmodified result of 1 results in changing orders to Regroup...

What am I missing?! blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Vander Meulen
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you are right : "equal to 2" would have been better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugo
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Back to action with a couple of questions more... whistle

- Regarding TOTSUGEKI, the rules say (p. 11 - 10.4.1) "a) The Clan which applies this tactic immediately switches its Order to Attack, then..."
Can I always use this tactic or only if the clan that is going to use this tactic is NOT in Attack?

- Regarding KIDO the rules say (p. 11 10.4.4) "Using this tactic costs 2 CP instead of 1 CP (unless you only received 1 CP this turn, in which case it costs 1 CP.)".
Let's say, I have 3CPs accumulated from previous turns and I get 1 CP this turn, making 4 CPs in total. Is this tactic still gonna cost only 1 CP?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Deniaud
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
For Totsugeki, you nothing interdict to use it if your clan is in Attack.

For kido, tou can't accumulate CP on one turn for later except for plan activation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Larsen
Denmark
Naerum (Copenhagen)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greg, I think your first answer is not entirely clear, sorry, but I guess the answer is, that TOTSUGEKI can be used by any clan, whether in Attack or not. Right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.