Hugo
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some more questions... whistle

a) Stacking of units is not allowed but is it allowed to move through friendly units? If not, when calculating which enemy unit is closer, do you take your own units into account or is it the closest route that is free to an enemy unit?

b) When you get a combat result of dR for example, the rules state "(...) then the unit(s) concerned must retreat one Hex without entering an EZoC, otherwise it must suffer 1 additional Step Loss and remain in place". I have doubts about the word "additional" here...
b.1) does the unit suffers one step loss and retreats (and if unable to retreat suffers another step loss, so two in total)?
b.2) the unit suffers no Step Loss and retreats. If unable to retreat then suffer one Step Loss.

c) 1 unit that is adjacent to three enemy units attacks them (Kamikaze time...;-) ). There are different terrains to take into consideration. Let's say, two Shingeki Vs Yari situations, so,(-1) and one no effect terrain. How would the modifiers for the terrain be calculated?

d) Regarding the delay chit rule, let's say I draw clan A but I decide to delay it. I put it back on the bowl. Next, I draw again and I get Clan B, can I delay this clan? (I know that, if I had drown Clan A again, I couldn't delay it anymore).

(Adding some more questions... whistle)

e) When withdrawing, does a unit ignore terrain effects?

f) Does a player have to make a rally draw even if the unit is in good shape? On the clan Rally phase, it states that if you get an unmodified dice roll of 1 you have to move 3 hexes away form nearest enemy. Do you do this even if you are more that 3 hexes away already?

g) I gather that a unit that is already in defense must not pursuit right?

(more more more! whistle )

h) Do you always have to roll for a combined attack to see which clans participate as the main attacker or you can forfeit a joint attack and choose one of them to attack (where the other(s) would be in support)?

i) In the rulebook says: "11.6.1: Support:; a friendly unit that exerts a EoC on one of the defending units and which itself does not fight in any combat during this phase, nor is in the EZoc from another enemy unit, provides a support bonus to the units of the attacker." does this mean that a non-activated unit serve as support as well?

j) In the initiative phase, is it mandatory to do an order change for the eligible clans?

It's really nice that the questions get answered so rapidly!

Thanks once again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Jahr
Germany
Uelsby
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Moving, R result, Terrain effect chart, delay clan chit

a) you can't move through other units, neither friendly nor enemy, so I would say you use the closest route that is free to an enemy.

b) b.2 is correct.

c) that one I am not entirely sure. You are allowed one Terrain modifier for each attacking unit. Since you have only one attacking unit I would choose one of the Shingeki Vs Yari situations for a total Terrain modifier of -1.

d) No you can't. After you delayed once, the next clan drawn has to be activated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Vander Meulen
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Moving, R result, Terrain effect chart, delay clan chit
a) - d) Matthias is correct.

e) Yes. Withdrawal is counted in hexes. But you cannot cross impassable hexside though.

f) No. You roll if the Clan has at least a step to recover.

g) Only units in attack have to pursue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Larsen
Denmark
Naerum (Copenhagen)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arggg wrote:

h) Do you always have to roll for a combined attack to see which clans participate as the main attacker or you can forfeit a joint attack and choose one of them to attack (where the other(s) would be in support)?

i) In the rulebook says: "11.6.1: Support:; a friendly unit that exerts a EoC on one of the defending units and which itself does not fight in any combat during this phase, nor is in the EZoc from another enemy unit, provides a support bonus to the units of the attacker." does this mean that a non-activated unit serve as support as well?

j) In the initiative phase, is it mandatory to do an order change for the eligible clans?

Thanks once again!

Not an expert, but I can tell how I have played it:

h) No, you dont have to - you can forfeit the roll (which would only be in the obligatory Combat phases, or they would both have to be activated at the same time (by a Tactic, I think), and then the other will provide Support.

i) Yes, the non-active unit provides support.

j) Yes, you need a sucessful order change roll for each of the clans you want to activate.

I hope there answers are not completely off!

Good gaming!
Ras
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugo
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Larsen, thanks for your insight, lets see what the "Creator"says ehehe ;-)

RLarsen wrote:

j) Yes, you need a sucessful order change roll for each of the clans you want to activate.
Ras

Does this mean that if you fail to change orders you don't get to activate the chosen clan? Example: Clan A is in Attack. I want to change orders to regroup. I fail. Does clan A still gets to attack or not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Larsen
Denmark
Naerum (Copenhagen)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I Think we played it in that way, that nothing happened if you do not manage to change the order.
But it is true that the rule Can be read in two ways, since it says that you start by activating the clan.
But We played that nothing happens with that clan if the order change is not successful, except for rolling “1”.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugo
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Francois, could you clarify on j) please? A clan that fails to change its orders in the initiative phase, does it get activated anyway or only if you change orders successfully?

Also, this might be a stupid question, but, how do the samurai and leader loss markers look like?!blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Vander Meulen
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Argg! sorry I didn't notice your questions!

Arggg wrote:

Yes. You have to roll as sson as at least 2 Clans have to participate to the same combat.

Arggg wrote:

Yes.

Arggg wrote:

Yes. And you have to succeed.

Arggg wrote:

What did you say ?

sorry !

Thanks once again! [/q]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Vander Meulen
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can see the leader loss counter here (on Mitsuhide):
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.