Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Tokaido» Forums » General

Subject: Acquiring the promo character tiles (Felicia, Eriku, Naïade, and Antoine) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gil De Leo
United States
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mbmb
Is there any way to get these four characters? I'm a bit of a completionist and would like very much to get these 4. Unlike Cards Against Humanity cards which are very easy to make and produce (thus bypassing the ridiculously high eBay posts for promos and specialty sets), I'm assuming that these character tiles would be hard to come by and/or make on one's own. Has anybody been able to do them or would be willing to make any? I haven't found any decent scans of them so I'm also worried about having them together with the other tiles and sticking out like sore thumbs. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Boctor
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I managed to buy a copy of Eriku from the Geek store for $4, though that was 1.5 years ago now. A quick check tells me it is not there anymore, nor are any of the other characters.

A printable copy of Felicia is available on BGG here, as well as enough information on Eriku to put together one. You might also have some luck in a trade or purchase on the geek market, though I see none listed.

Finally, you could try contacting the developer directly? Otherwise you might be at the mercy of eBay. :|

Hope something there is of help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Andrikonis
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DementedKirby wrote:
Is there any way to get these four characters? I'm a bit of a completionist and would like very much to get these 4. Unlike Cards Against Humanity cards which are very easy to make and produce (thus bypassing the ridiculously high eBay posts for promos and specialty sets), I'm assuming that these character tiles would be hard to come by and/or make on one's own. Has anybody been able to do them or would be willing to make any? I haven't found any decent scans of them so I'm also worried about having them together with the other tiles and sticking out like sore thumbs. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Both Felicia and Eriku were available on Geek store, but Felicia supply ran out pretty quickly. It is going for ~$50 now, sorry to say. Eriku might be cheaper. I am not sure about the other two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil De Leo
United States
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for your help! Hopefully I'll be able to build one or try and contact the developer, as you mentioned. Felicia wasn't even available in the Farewell Version of the game (although Eriku, Naïade, and Antoine were). I would just have to find instructions on how to make my own character tiles with the info. Do you by chance now of a link that explains the process?

And again, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mb
If it's any consolation, my group will not play with the Felicia character. She adds too much downtime without bringing anything new or any interesting decisions for that matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Andrikonis
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xBino wrote:
If it's any consolation, my group will not play with the Felicia character. She adds too much downtime without bringing anything new or any interesting decisions for that matter.

Well, in such case might it be possible to acquire it from you for something much cheaper than the market price? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mb
Sorry, it was not my copy, but a copy my friend had. She was very excited to have acquired it. Her ability is cute the first or second time, but everyone quickly grew tired of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil De Leo
United States
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hm, I see. Either way, not every character is good. Some of them are flops. It's a real bummer when you're playing and all three drafted are subpar. That's some rotten luck; you literally have to choose the lesser of evils.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.