Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
Blue Peg, Pink Peg Gaming Podcast
mbmbmbmbmb
1) The Pegs discuss discuss their recent game plays including Draconis: Invasion, Space Freaks, London: Second Edition and many more;

2) Review the resource management game, Clans of Caledonia; and

3) Revisit Manhattan Project: Energy Empire.

4.) -Chicken noises-

https://bluepegpinkpeg.com/2018/03/12/episode-118-clans-of-c...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wolff
United States
Grafton
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the middle of the Zombicide discussion, but Josh nailed it. Zombicide season 1 was my gateway game back in 2013 when my brother-in-law brought it to a family weekend. Its actually the game that helped bring my closest friends into the hobby with me, granted I'm the one that still buys all the games, what's the point if you have no one to play them with?

I've backed Seasons 2 & 3, Black Plague, and recently Green Horde. It's silly to call it nostalgia, but Zombicide has a soft spot with me given its history. I was excited when I first saw the teaser CMON posted on Facebook, but I've started to cool on it. The artwork doesn't do it for me and I'm starting to feel the CMON Kickstarter burnout. The value is great when you break pledges down, but when you have so much accumulated over the years still sitting in their shrink wrap at some point you have to stop "buying for future plays" and start playing the games you already own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Garbe
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My most memorable moment of louder-than-normal digestion occurred back in high school. We were taking a calculus test... the room was dead quiet except for the sound of pencils lightly scratching against paper... and my body decided it was time to play a stomach symphony of gastrointestinal gurgles for the next 30 minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
garbagerunner wrote:
My most memorable moment of louder-than-normal digestion occurred back in high school. We were taking a calculus test... the room was dead quiet except for the sound of pencils lightly scratching against paper... and my body decided it was time to play a stomach symphony of gastrointestinal gurgles for the next 30 minutes.

did you do the thing where you tried to cough to cover it up, before you thought it was going to happen? ABSOLUTELY not asking this from experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Holmes
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rookenoble wrote:
garbagerunner wrote:

did you do the thing where you tried to cough to cover it up, before you thought it was going to happen? ABSOLUTELY not asking this from experience.

If you had tried that businesses on this particular game day we would have assumed you were dying of tuberculosis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Nye
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Patrick Thank you Thank you for finishing the episode with the chicken sound I lost it when that got put over top of Robb talking. Oh and Jeremy Holmes Smash TV is the video game you guys were talking about, that game was amazing back in the day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 to Jeremy for A Study in Emerald 1.0

+1 to Jeremy because I miss him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scottatlaw wrote:

yet nothing for the chicken noises.

Scott, I just cant read you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Holmes
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Study in Emerald 1.0 is going to RobbCon and going to get some plays this year, dammit!

I hope the gang will let me back on from time to time. I'm itching for another Fiasco bonus episode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rookenoble wrote:
scottatlaw wrote:

yet nothing for the chicken noises.

Scott, I just cant read you.

I'm not a fan of censorship. whistle

You haven't talked about KDM in a while. Just sayin'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan OSullivan
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm about half way through this podcast and just hoping for a chicken noise explosion before the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Kelly
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rynet wrote:
I'm about half way through this podcast and just hoping for a chicken noise explosion before the end.

Chekhov's chicken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan OSullivan
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
#WeGotThere
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Owens
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great episode guys. I was blown away at the meh scores from everyone besides Rob. I think it could be because of the Terra Mystica love being so high, but man I was really impressed with this game and thought it was easily in the top ten games released in 2017. The marketplace while simple felt really fresh, and I loved the strategy of slaughtering livestock to increase non-adjacent settlements.

Cheers,

Kenny
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Williams
Wales
Ammanford
Carmarthenshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Catching up on the episodes, but I'll weigh in on Zombicide.

For me, it's great because of how streamlined it is. It's simple. It's light. It's Ameritrash with all of the fiddly exceptions and modifiers ironed out, leaving something incredibly easy to learn and teach. That makes it accessible to a large number of people, which has helped develop that brand name.

It's the game I always wanted when I was fumbling with Warhammers as a kid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Liles
United States
Valparaiso
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am unsure how I missed this episode in my feed earlier, but I was listening today on the way to work. All I have to say is Patrick, I thought I knew you after listening for years. I felt a connection man, dare I say a kindred spirit? Then, I started listening to this episode and you started hating on hobbits. soblueyuk arrrh

You are dead to me.

All I have to say is #FrodoLives

Hope to see you all at GenCon!

Don

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls