Popular Tags: flgs [+] [View All]
Skip Franklin
United States
Oklahoma City
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Today, Saturday, August 18 is the Grand Opening of The Little Shoppe of Games. It is located on Shartel just east of Bishop Maguiness Catholic School. I was his first paying customer and have talked to the owner since. He, (haven't memorized his name yet), is a gamer with a big stash of games that he will have to play in the game shop. He has space for four large tables, there is a flat screen TV on the wall and a fair amount of games for sale. He has a good selection, while not as big as Game Headquarters, covers a wide variety of play. Wargame-wise he has Axis & Allies miniatures and has ordered the War at Sea minis. Some of the games he has is Heroscape, Blockus, Heroclix, Horrorclix and some CCGs. It is nice to have a decent game shop on the North Side of OKC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
Game shop on the north side? Excellent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll have to make a trip up there this weekend. Sweet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Franklin
United States
Oklahoma City
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I made it to the "Grand Opening" on Saturday. Lane (the proprietor) and I played Axis & Allies: Miniatures. Interesting for a light wargame. I did get a freebie HorrorClix figre and some BladeQuest dice for showing up. A couple were there and they played the Wii machine on the flat screen in the shop. Lane has a collection of games that you can play for free and there are four large tables for gaming. After the lunch-time people are finished at the nearby oriental eatery there is plenty of room for parking and if you need to send a friend a trade game the Post Office is just across the street.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Franklin
United States
Oklahoma City
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have since played a lot of lunch time games at the shop with Lane.

Treehouse
Martian Coasters
Pieces of Eight
Loot
Zombie Flux
Wings of War
Tanhauser
The Creature that ate Cheboygan
Snit Smashing
Snit's Revenge

It is only a stop an McDonalds and mile or so to the store. Met one of the Super Fantastic Gaming Hour members there one day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls