1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 

Claustrophobia» Forums » General

Subject: Coming in September of 2018 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario Martinez
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After the conclusion of Batman: Gotham City Chronicles, this has just been announced:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Martinez
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Croc has been working on this with Monolith. When I FB Messaged them about this, after they announced it, their FB Rep said this about the game: it is not a reprint but an update of the game with some adjustments and new mechanics.

I for one hope we get models for every demon, for the priests and their "volunteers", new human factions to fight in the tunnels. We'll probably get update of De Profunis and Furor Sanguinis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael S
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
"In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit..."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
♪ I'll mourn over the marble steps ♬ Junkies of the world lay across the monuments ♫ I climb and blister on the mount ♪ Drunks take a piss where heroes once bled out ♪ ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elmaskador75 wrote:
Croc has been working on this with Monolith. When I FB Messaged them about this, after they announced it, their FB Rep said this about the game: it is not a reprint but an update of the game with some adjustments and new mechanics.

I for one hope we get models for every demon, for the priests and their "volunteers", new human factions to fight in the tunnels. We'll probably get update of De Profunis and Furor Sanguinis.

Adjustments and new mechanics can be awesome, but it can also go the opposite way and ruin the simple and elegant design of the original. after all that is what makes this game different from other dungeon crawlers. If it ends up being a massive box full of convoluted mechanics and a billion miniatures, then it is not really claustrophobia anymore. I hope they keep true to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs Smith
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
This is my chance to convey something meaningful! Darn. Wasted it.
mbmbmbmbmb
If it’s not a reprint but has adjustments and new mechanics, does that mean we’re talking about a Second Edition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Casper
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tegs wrote:
If it’s not a reprint but has adjustments and new mechanics, does that mean we’re talking about a Second Edition?

Yeah, it seems that way. Count me in all the way!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei
Canada
Maple
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will buy it again as well! Can't wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Martinez
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Adjustments and new mechanics can be awesome, but it can also go the opposite way and ruin the simple and elegant design of the original. after all that is what makes this game different from other dungeon crawlers. If it ends up being a massive box full of convoluted mechanics and a billion miniatures, then it is not really claustrophobia anymore. I hope they keep true to the game.[/q]

Croc is heavily involved with the team. I trust he'll keep it under control. Billion minis? Count on it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elmaskador75 wrote:
it is not a reprint but an update of the game with some adjustments and new mechanics.

Well, here's hoping for an upgrade pack then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teeka wrote:
Elmaskador75 wrote:
it is not a reprint but an update of the game with some adjustments and new mechanics.

Well, here's hoping for an upgrade pack then.

Don't hold your breath...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud Bonnet
Denmark
København N.
flag msg tools
Did they talk of an "upgrade version" for the one already owning the original game so that they don't have to buy a whole new game (and "burn" their previous version)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Martinez
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarnax wrote:
Did they talk of an "upgrade version" for the one already owning the original game so that they don't have to buy a whole new game (and "burn" their previous version)?

When I asked them if I should sell my copy or keep it, along with the new version, this is what they replied: I, i kept the old one to offer it to my nephew when I received the new version. 😉

Grant it this was this past Winter, so things could change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Solo rules would be great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Waxman

Falcon Heights
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Instabuy if good solo rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Forrey
United States
Dallastown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OMG my poor wallet is about to get slapped around when this goes live.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Martinez
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rindel wrote:

I'd put them on your Facebook like list (Monolith) and ask them if they could do that. See what they say

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
mbmbmbmbmb
Elmaskador75 wrote:
Rindel wrote:

I'd put them on your Facebook like list (Monolith) and ask them if they could do that. See what they say

Sad that we need Facebook for this...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Martinez
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
d0gb0t wrote:
Elmaskador75 wrote:
Rindel wrote:

The other option is to email them directly, unless you want to use traditional mail, but that will take a lot longer...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elmaskador75 wrote:
d0gb0t wrote:
Elmaskador75 wrote:
Rindel wrote:

The other option is to email them directly, unless you want to use traditional mail, but that will take a lot longer...

I heard of something like a forum there millions a big bunch of geeks are communicating to each in some way... I will give you the link if I remember and find it again...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Martinez
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
d0gb0t wrote:
Elmaskador75 wrote:
d0gb0t wrote:
Elmaskador75 wrote:
Rindel wrote:

I heard of something like a forum there millions a big bunch of geeks are communicating to each in some way... I will give you the link if I remember and find it again...

Talking to Geeks on a forum is one thing, but you end up with rumors. Official FB Pages of different game companies is a good way, and quick way to gather responses from the company representatives, directly. Monolith, CMoN, and Mantic are but a few companies that will answer questions, to the best they can and what is being allowed to discuss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elmaskador75 wrote:
d0gb0t wrote:
Elmaskador75 wrote:
d0gb0t wrote:
Elmaskador75 wrote:
Rindel wrote:

Talking to Geeks on a forum is one thing, but you end up with rumors. Official FB Pages of different game companies is a good way, and quick way to gather responses from the company representatives, directly. Monolith, CMoN, and Mantic are but a few companies that will answer questions, to the best they can and what is being allowed to discuss

I know about a bunch of Designers/Publishers/Companies who are using the same Forum to discuss all these things and the result is very often very good...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm already hyped but I'll be even more knowing that tiles are reduced to more tolerable size (so I don't have to play it on the floor) and a decent solo variant exists!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Martinez
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
d0gb0t wrote:
Elmaskador75 wrote:
d0gb0t wrote:
Elmaskador75 wrote:
d0gb0t wrote:
Elmaskador75 wrote:
Rindel wrote:

I know about a bunch of Designers/Publishers/Companies who are using the same Forum to discuss all these things and the result is very often very good...

I'm not coming on here to have an argument as to what is the best method to communicate with a publisher or creator. I came here to relay what was discussed from Monolith on their Kickstart page. Good day and Good Bye
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjy Simpson
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Elmaskador75 wrote:
d0gb0t wrote:
Elmaskador75 wrote:
d0gb0t wrote:
Elmaskador75 wrote:
d0gb0t wrote:
Elmaskador75 wrote:
Rindel wrote:

I'm not coming on here to have an argument as to what is the best method to communicate with a publisher or creator. I came here to relay what was discussed from Monolith on their Kickstart page. Good day and Good Bye

Why didn’t they just use bgg forums?

Kidding!

Back on topic - incredibly excited for this one! This will likely be my first All in Kickstarter! Love this game. Unfortunately most of my groups are a little larger. While I know this is primarily a 2 player game, I would love to have a few 3 and 4 player scenarios so that I can introduce it to more people. It’s just such a cool game!

Love the idea of more minis and second the opinion that if we could give the demon player more options (instead of just impa), it would be even better. If there was just a little bit of variety in minions (say spiders or some other thing to supplant the impa and dogs, that would be amazing).

Looking forward to whatever you bring!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.