Mark Casiglio
United States
Ansonia
CT
flag msg tools
Falcon 2016: October 28, 29 and 30 in Stamford, CT
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That seems to be what is implied in Mike Zebrowski's geek list ...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/23938

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Play Games - Interact - Have Fun!
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've already posted a message in the FFG forum asking for Official confirmation or denial. He also implied that Cosmic Encounter would also be remade.

We can hope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kewl...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Huston
United States
Paragould
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think what Mike said:

Quote:
"I guess that everyone missed the announcement that FFG got Dune as I haven't seen a single thing on the 'geek about it. "

is a little stronger than "implied."

Good news.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm. I guess I'm glad someone is doing it, but I have my reservations about FFG. Dune rules are bad enough as it is. Please don't make the characters out of plastic or into cardboard standups! In fact, Dune is the perfect game for FFG to take the leap into wooden cubes! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Nicely
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Kull wahad!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice use of the interobang by the way.

ekted wrote:
Hmm. I guess I'm glad someone is doing it, but I have my reservations about FFG. Dune rules are bad enough as it is. Please don't make the characters out of plastic or into cardboard standups! In fact, Dune is the perfect game for FFG to take the leap into wooden cubes! devil

Hmm... Hadn't thought about that. Maybe there's some sort of "happy medium" somehow? Cubes with stickers (painted would be better but it'd cost an arm and a leg) would be pretty cool as long as I don't have to apply them all myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nazhuret wrote:
Maybe there's some sort of "happy medium" somehow?

1.5" wooden discs with stickers would rock for the characters!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The thumper has begun its summons....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Nowak
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is great news! I'm sure most of us who have made DIY copies would spring for a commercial version if it was made readily available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i'm very excited!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trencher for Life
United States
Slidell
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Csigs wrote:
That seems to be what is implied in Mike Zebrowski's geek list ...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/23938

Shai Halud! It's a sign!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grognard David
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
reprint or redone ?
It will be good for having more players of this great game...

but 2 points

design : it will be difficult to have something beter then our Home made map but with FFG ...wait and see
It will be great with plastic units designed for every family.. I hope they think about Bene Tleilax and Ix also!

rules : how FFG will make something with all those rules and home made variants... ?

D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Akers
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I attended the FFG press event at GenCon on Saturday and can state that they are planning on republishing three or more classic favorites: Dune, Borderlands, and Cosmic Encounter. However, there is a qualification regarding Dune. They were not able to obtain the license for the Dune story from the Herbert estate, just the game design. So they will be developing original themed content based on the Twilight Imperium universe to replace the Dune theme. They are currently referring to the project as "Wheels in Wheels" since that is an apt description of the mechanic. Hopefully their website has all this information by now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis FitzPatrick
United States
Yuma
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We need the "happy dance Homer Simpson" emoticon to express my joy!
FFG--kisskisskiss

You are my favorite game company for a reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Campfly wrote:
I attended the FFG press event at GenCon on Saturday and can state that they are planning on republishing three or more classic favorites: Dune, Borderlands, and Cosmic Encounter. However, there is a qualification regarding Dune. They were not able to obtain the license for the Dune story from the Herbert estate, just the game design. So they will be developing original themed content based on the Twilight Imperium universe to replace the Dune theme. They are currently referring to the project as "Wheels in Wheels" since that is an apt description of the mechanic. Hopefully their website has all this information by now.

Sigh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I might be the only skeptical one... Sure, they'll make pretty components, but I have no faith that they won't resist the temptation to screw up the well balanced rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: To be reprinted by FFG
I wish they could've kept the theme but hey, I'll take what I can get.

If anyone boycotts the game due to having to change the theme, I don't EVER want to hear ANYONE say, "Ah, theme is irrelevant, it's the mechanics that matter." Time to put your money where your mouth is.

The Twilight Imperium world has enough races that they can find suitable analogues to fill the roles for this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Lopez
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ekted wrote:
Campfly wrote:

Sigh.

Double Sigh

Maybe they can keep trying and wait...till... Hell freezes over...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian R
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I pray that this news is true. Even if they ARE reprinting this game, how long will we have to wait before it's in our hands? cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Dove
United States
Las Animas
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
damn, i wish herbert's family would pull their heads out of their arses!! That really irks me that a company like Fantasy Flight can't even talk them into using a bit of the franchise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon W
United States
Aurora
CO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Campfly wrote:
They were not able to obtain the license for the Dune story from the Herbert estate, just the game design. So they will be developing original themed content based on the Twilight Imperium universe to replace the Dune theme. They are currently referring to the project as "Wheels in Wheels" since that is an apt description of the mechanic.

And here I thought my loathing for Brian Herbert couldn't get any worse. Unreal.... shake

But hey, maybe they could go to Ellis Weiner and see if he'll release the rights to Doon. Better than Wheels In Wheels, right? Mauve'Bib!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Merchant
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
franklincobb wrote:
I wish they could've kept the theme but hey, I'll take what I can get.

If anyone boycotts the game due to having to change the theme, I don't EVER want to hear ANYONE say, "Ah, theme is irrelevant, it's the mechanics that matter." Time to put your money where your mouth is.

The Twilight Imperium world has enough races that they can find suitable analogues to fill the roles for this game.

Swing and a miss, Ken. For anyone who knows the Dune universe or the excellent Dune game (no plastic, I'm sorry to say), there are no analogues. Dune has a line of brilliant novels (at least the first two), a movie and a TV series underpinning it (less said about the movie and TV series the better), but what does TI3 have? Some aliens with different stats. Snore. That's why I always contended that the TI3 theming was weak; there's no backstory. Whereas with Dune, the game is brilliant because it replicates the books so well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grognard David
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agry : without the theme it's NOT our DUNE boardgame ! it will be another game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.