Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sat: Attend the 1-Player Guild's Meet-Up outside Philadelphia!

What a blast! We had a dozen folks attend the event at Game Surplus in Leola, PA...big thanks to Carmen and elaine for hosting along with Kevin and Lisa who prepared wonderful snacks /food and gift/swag bags!

I played Raiders of the North Sea (with Mo, Ryan, and Lisa); Splendor (withy Mo and Ryan); Troyes with Suzy, Mo, and Ryan; and Flamme Rouge (with Mo, Ryan, and David)

I picked-up a copy of Glass Road and Deep Sea Adventure (which I taught to my sister-in-law on Sunday)

The White Elephant (sort of) yielded me a copy of One Deck Dungeon and Cthulhu Pandemic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
La Grange
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Alien Artifacts -- Thanks, John and Scott. I'll put it on my "try it if I get a chance" list. I've avoided 51st State and Imperial Settlers because of the theme and a couple reviews I'd skimmed a while before. But I really do like multi-use cards, so perhaps I'll put those back in the "try" list.

John, have you tried the (to my mind) underrated Back to the Future: An Adventure Through Time? Multi-use cards all over the place in that one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kanost
United States
York
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
OH YEAH
mbmbmbmbmb
wombat929 wrote:
Re: Alien Artifacts -- Thanks, John and Scott. I'll put it on my "try it if I get a chance" list. I've avoided 51st State and Imperial Settlers because of the theme and a couple reviews I'd skimmed a while before. But I really do like multi-use cards, so perhaps I'll put those back in the "try" list.

John, have you tried the (to my mind) underrated Back to the Future: An Adventure Through Time? Multi-use cards all over the place in that one.

Never heard of it! If you own a copy, perhaps we can plan a session at our next con together.

I wish I'd known you were going to be in Leola last weekend! That's about 45 minutes from me. I've been to Games Surplus once... bought my copy of Sentient and the Potion Explosion expansion there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
La Grange
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
Grishny wrote:

Never heard of it! If you own a copy, perhaps we can plan a session at our next con together.

Will do. It doesn't feel all that thematic, so I think people were a bit down on the game, but I think it's great. From Matt Riddle and Ben Pinchback too.

Quote:
I wish I'd known you were going to be in Leola last weekend! That's about 45 minutes from me. I've been to Games Surplus once... bought my copy of Sentient and the Potion Explosion expansion there.

I think that comment was directed at someone else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kanost
United States
York
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
OH YEAH
mbmbmbmbmb
wombat929 wrote:
I think that comment was directed at someone else.

Indeed it was, at the good Professor Pilkus. It seems I was a bit injudicious with my copy-pasting of quotations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OMG, John! I'm sorry we didn't know...if we're out there again, you will get an invite!

Cheers,
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  |