Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
Blue Peg, Pink Peg Gaming Podcast
mbmbmbmbmb
How did my trivia tie into (obscurely link to) the episode?

What is a more creative/better link from my trivia to the episode?

Rules for contest are found here:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1964373/season-2-trivia...

Good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Brown
United Kingdom
Coulsdon
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the link for this week’s trivia is William Henry Harrison for a number of reasons:

According to Rob’s trivia, William Henry Harrison gave his speech during a snow storm. The was a snow storm before Robcon that stopped or hindered a lot of people getting to the event.
Welcome to Centerville – Centerville is a town in Ohio, William Henry Harrison was born in Ohio.
878 Vikings – According to Wikipedia, some genealogists believe the William Henry Harrison’s ancestors were Viking warriors of Norse origin, and that they arrived in England with Canute the Great
Dinosaur Island – this game is based on Jurassic Park - William Henry Harrison has a park named after him, the William Henry Harrison Park in Pemberville, Ohio
On the subject of parks, in the third episode of the seventh season of Parks and Recreation, named ‘William Henry Harrison’, Leslie Knope is trying to find a historical reason to save some parkland and discovers William Henry Harrison had a hunting lodge in the woods in this area. Robcon took place in a lodge in the woods.
Sticking with Parks and recreation, although a little tenuously now, in the very same episode – and most of the season – Leslie Knope is battling for the land against phone company Gryzzl, and as you guys mentioned, there was no Wi-Fi or phone signal at the lodge.
Phew!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Farrell
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On Episode 120, Rob discusses Inauguration Day - which is always 1/20.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Selander
United States
Ooltewah
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ive been refreshing my browser since I figured it out...had to fix something, came back and Kevin beat me to it...episode 120!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Brown
United Kingdom
Coulsdon
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
klf_nc wrote:

Well that one skipped straight past me, although it seems blindingly obvious when I see it! I think I went too far down a different rabbit hole for that to even occur to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Farrell
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grithog wrote:
Ive been refreshing my browser since I figured it out...had to fix something, came back and Kevin beat me to it...episode 120!

That was close!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Bangayan

California
msg tools
mb
Obviously, the Trivia is linked to what they were saying about Bender. Abraham Lincoln trivia, presidential trivia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Selander
United States
Ooltewah
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At Donald Trump’s Inauguration, controversy swirled when blue tape was used to cover up the logo on port-a-potties on the Capitol Grounds. The company’s name is Don’s Johns (no kidding).
Many suspect that the Trump administration did not appreciate the association with his name.

If you rearrange the letters in DINOSAUR ISLAND, it spells URINALS SAID “DON.”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kynan Stuttard
Australia
Narre Warren South
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Think ive been beaten to the Trivia, but my alternative is Rob almost missed RobCon due to a sick child and daddy duties, so the only gaming he would have gotten in would have been Ascension on the Jurassic park loo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Alvarez
United States
Sellersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Inaugeration day is 1/20. Also on 1/20, in 1809 the 1st US geology book was published by William Maclure. And it is through geology that we've learned about dinosaur bones, and hey - you reviewed Dinosaur Island.

Regards,
- Ben

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Davis
United States
Kennesaw
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In his inauguration, James Buchanan said he would not run for re-election. During the peg ratings, Josh said he would never want to play Dinosaur Island again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Bennett
United States
Sturgeon Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
At Bill Clinton's presidential inauguration in 1993 Maya Angelou read her poem "On The Pulse Of Morning" which make reference to dinosaurs. What also happened in 1993 Jurassic Park was released. Also Barney the Purple Dinosaur was in Clinton's inaugural parade you can see it on youtube

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elias
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Give us lettuce or give us death (or carrots).
mbmbmbmbmb
Reylijosh45 wrote:
Obviously, the Trivia is linked to what they were saying about Bender. Abraham Lincoln trivia, presidential trivia.

This is what I was thinking--I assume that at his inauguration, Abraham Lincoln ripped off his shirt at the inauguration and yelled "I am the emancipator!" Dude probably had some dope tats as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Hall
Australia
Croydon
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is well known that Abraham Lincoln was the greatest street fighter of his time before getting into the grubbier world of politics. His catch phrase "I have fire, I have flame' has now become part of modern folk-lore, and is incorrectly attributed to the Street Fighter video game which was mentioned on the show.

#FACT

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Shannon
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
Spread Joy
mb
I think the answer is two-fold. First of all, Inauguration Day is January 20, or 1/20, and guess what the listed playtime of Dinosaur Island is? 120 minutes! Secondly, January 20 is also the day the renowned Atlanta Symphony Orchestra performed the music from Jurassic Park in concert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vorpal Greatsword
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really the link between US presidents and Dinosaur Island is a secret part of America's history. Dino theme parks serve two purposes: 1- to perfect the captive breeding of dinosaurs for military use & 2- to distract the populace from number 1 by hiding the programs in plain sight. Ronald Reagan is one of the first presidents to see a successful program for velociraptors as seen here:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
Blue Peg, Pink Peg Gaming Podcast
mbmbmbmbmb
Already the winners are in...Christina picked the "creative/interesting" link this week.

The winner of the trivia point was.

Kevin Farrell

klf_nc wrote:

and C's pick was this my Jesse....

Jessiah wrote:
At Bill Clinton's presidential inauguration in 1993 Maya Angelou read her poem "On The Pulse Of Morning" which make reference to dinosaurs. What also happened in 1993 Jurassic Park was released. Also Barney the Purple Dinosaur was in Clinton's inaugural parade you can see it on youtube

welcome to the board guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls