Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Murphy
United States
norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb
This is my favorite thread from bppp and it starts as a criticism of the podcast. Everyone here acts like a normal well adjusted person.

I think that ultimately the topics and subject matter of the podcast comes second to the personalities of the show. That is what people stick around for I believe.

As my grandmother always said, "you are the company you keep"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Holmes
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I'm not on the show my opinion doesn't matter much, but I thought I'd throw in my two cents.

I am sympathetic with Patrick and Josh's situation. In the years I was on the show - three year, was it really three years?!? - Penelope went from a 9 year old to a nearly 13 year old. The experience of gaming with her, to the extent she was even interested, changed quite a bit. Any parent who has had a child move into the independence of teenagerdom knows of what I speak. Of course, the independence she's developing now is something I am encouraging - that's my job now, more so, maybe, than encouraging her to try to play a game with her dad every night.

When your kids are a big part of your gaming life, or the effort to incorporate kids into your gaming as a way to draw your family closer, that dynamic naturally changes as the kids get older. I can certainly see how there would be less and less to talk about in that regard.

On the other hand - if I could just get Tara to follow Christina's arc as a gamer, that would be a legend worth retelling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grishny wrote:
I think I would enjoy listening to this group talk for 2 hours even if the topic really was colon health every week. (But please don't do that.)

That’s only when Marty and Tony show up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Donohue
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
Kneel puny Doomtrooper before the might of the Ezoghoul!
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the best takeaways I had from Christina and Keri in the early days was understanding that my partner could like games - but not like them in the same way I did.

Once, I internalized that I was much happier. My wife loves games. But doesn't match my enthusiasm for playing new games all the time (and learning new rules). I'd put her at a 1 new game for every 5 previously played games ratio.

Don't think my wife will ever paint miniatures, but I do have hopes for my daughter.

My daughter is a few years younger than Harper, so not quite ready for the stuff she plays now. But she can play the games Harper used to play (literally in a few cases), so it serves as a view of the horizon for me.

If I am lucky enough that my daughter keeps playing games with me, it will be a wondrous time while it lasts. I try not to get sad in advance for when that time will end, as it has just begun. I'm sure there is some German word for melancholy about something in the future.

Love this podcast. I used to listen to a LOT of casts when I had 3 hours of drivetime each day to fill. Now that I work from home, I've dropped almost all of them. I make time to listen to BPPP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Farrell
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think my response to this topic is similar to the discussion on Season 2 of BPPP Trivia. You can't make everyone happy, and if you try - you're going to fail. Do what you do Pegs!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
puffinslayer wrote:
One of the best takeaways I had from Christina and Keri in the early days was understanding that my partner could like games - but not like them in the same way I did.

Once, I internalized that I was much happier. My wife loves games. But doesn't match my enthusiasm for playing new games all the time (and learning new rules). I'd put her at a 1 new game for every 5 previously played games ratio.

Don't think my wife will ever paint miniatures, but I do have hopes for my daughter.

My daughter is a few years younger than Harper, so not quite ready for the stuff she plays now. But she can play the games Harper used to play (literally in a few cases), so it serves as a view of the horizon for me.

If I am lucky enough that my daughter keeps playing games with me, it will be a wondrous time while it lasts. I try not to get sad in advance for when that time will end, as it has just begun. I'm sure there is some German word for melancholy about something in the future.

Love this podcast. I used to listen to a LOT of casts when I had 3 hours of drivetime each day to fill. Now that I work from home, I've dropped almost all of them. I make time to listen to BPPP.

You should take your daughter to a cafe and play rhino hero -- see if you can get the ladies at the cafe to shout "Big Daddy, be careful! Don't knock that tower down, Big Daddy!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
Canada
ONTARIO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished the last episode 121 (after catching up from where I had dropped off) and I was pleasantly surprise by the tone difference in this latest episode and appreciate the discussion about this thread at the beginning, and the inclusion of family/relationship talk.

As the OP, thank you very much for the feed back, and yes, the Pegs heads is the best group out there.

Josh, I know the timing was "suspicious" as of your joining of the podcast, it just happened at that time sorry, my only comment would be; No need to be a cabalist, just a Peg, let your natural/true self shine and you'll do great!

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  |