Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pedro Estêvão
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never use extra influence in the games I set up, as I think the very slight imbalance in favor of the USSR in the game does not warrant it. But it's not something that bothers me too much - if someone posts a game with a +1 US influence at setup, it won't keep me away from joining it.

Also, I don't really mind playing the USSR or the USA, as I enjoy the particular challenges that come from playing each side.

Now, if someone sets up a game with bidding for sides, is it considered disrespectful if I join and just bid 0? Will he/she who set up the game be expecting a 'bid war' and thus feel cheated?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Drazen
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Now, if someone sets up a game with bidding for sides, is it considered disrespectful if I join and just bid 0? Will he/she who set up the game be expecting a 'bid war' and thus feel cheated?

If you bid 0, I'm guessing you'd just end up with either US +1, US +2, or - if your reputation for not bidding comes out - US or USSR +0.

There's no real bid war... it's a secret bid that's simultaneously revealed, right? I think the app just randomizes it if there's a tie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
How could this possibly be a problem? The whole point of bidding is that you can bid whatever you like.

Just know that you will nearly always end up playing the USA with +1 or +2 if you bid 0 for USSR, or playing the USA with +0 if you bid 0 for USA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
0 is a legitimate bid.

It is the crazy high bids that I consider insulting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Estêvão
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all your replies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Valentine

Texas
msg tools
mb
PSantos wrote:

I won't. I'll feel happy that I got to play the side I wanted. Now, it's possible, if I'm really attentive, that I'll bid only 1 next time I play you, instead of my normal 2. But, I can never remember who bids 0, so it's unlikely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls