Subject: Victory points rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hugo
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This might be a stupid question, but I'm confused with the way we score VP during the game...
I assumed we just cumulatively registered the VPs earned for each clan. For example, Nagakute scenario, Tokugawa kills a unit worth 2 Elan, so we move the Tokugawa clan victory two spaces, Ikeda kills a unit worth 2 Elan, we move the Ikeda's victory point marker two spaces, being that each player has their own victory marker on space two of his track.

However, upon reading 17 "End of the game and victory", what I understand is, according to the previous example, when Ikeda scores the two points, I would then move the Tokugawa victory marker to the other side and both of the markers would be in 0 again... quoting
"If the marker is in the 'zero' space, then it means both player have earned the same number of VPs." This has a big impact on the Samurai rule!

So, which one of the interpretations is correct? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Deniaud
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think your first interpretation is the good one. I don't see your quote in french version. This sentence is different and says that VP chit begin in 0 space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Vander Meulen
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Your interpretation is correct! The english rule 17.1 is wrong. It looks like the old rule. The first paragraph should be replaced by:

When playing the game, Victory Points (VP) can be earned by both players. When a player earns VPs, move his Victory Point marker the relevant number of spaces on his side of the Track (this may trigger a Samurai [16.1]). At the beginning of a game, the Victory Point markers are placed on the zero space of the Victory Point Track of the Game Aid.

The rest of the rule is OK (but a sentence is repeated twice ...)

Thanks.

François

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peel
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just came here to ask the same question as I thought it read like a push pull victory point track like twilight struggle 😀

Thanks for clarifying!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.