flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
njshaw2 wrote:
From speaking to my friends who are through that bit, apparently it can indeed feel brutal, and you wonder if you're playing right, and then things ease off quite a bit. But that's just their experience of course.

We did get to a thing that made us think "Oh, will that will help a lot." Then we lost the next game too.

Quote:
I'm up for playing some Race for the Galaxy and/or Castles of Burgundy. I've also never played Through the Ages, but would be happy to try... just not sure when I'd have time to read the rules. Rahdo to the rescue...

Deal. Are you on BGA? Friend msg sent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wombat929 wrote:
njshaw2 wrote:
From speaking to my friends who are through that bit, apparently it can indeed feel brutal, and you wonder if you're playing right, and then things ease off quite a bit. But that's just their experience of course.

We did get to a thing that made us think "Oh, will that will help a lot." Then we lost the next game too.

Quote:
I'm up for playing some Race for the Galaxy and/or Castles of Burgundy. I've also never played Through the Ages, but would be happy to try... just not sure when I'd have time to read the rules. Rahdo to the rescue...

Didn't see a friend invite, so added you as my friend. Hope that works...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Grants Pass
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I made it all the way to Sunday without playing any games that I had planned...life. Sunday was my Dad's birthday, and I had my folks and my kiddos over. I brought out my standard King of Tokyo which got cut a little short due to dinner being ready. After dinner, we played Mysterium. I had the rare treat of my wife playing with us. Everyone liked the game, but as the ghost, I was a little slow to get the clues out, and I caused the game to drag some. I think with more players (there were 4 investigators in our game), maybe there is enough table talk to keep everyone occupied while ghosty does his/her thing. My wife and daughter expressed interest in being the ghost, so next time we'll try that option.

I had planned to play some games Saturday, but ended up taking a road trip to the Portland Oregon area (4 hours North of me) to see a man about a bike, then rode home. It was a fair trade off.

Suzuki V Strom DL650
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
La Grange
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
njshaw2 wrote:
wombat929 wrote:
njshaw2 wrote:

Quote:

Didn't see a friend invite, so added you as my friend. Hope that works...

It did! I shall watch the rahdo video and then launch the game tomorrow. We'll bumble through together!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  |