Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joffrey N.
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys !

I'm a deep fan of this game, and I'm starting to have a look at the deck-building Legendary one. From what I've seen, most of people seems to find it awesome.

I've not much experience in deck-building games (only Harry Potter : Hogwarts Battle which is nice, and Walking Dead : The Board Game which is quite lame imo actually).

I would gladly have some feedback for guys who own both Marvel Heroes, and Marvel Legendary games, to know if Legendary is really worth it ?

From the base box, it looks like a similar villain/heroes choice, with some similar mechanics but I could be wrong. I think I've only scratched the emerged tip of the iceberg for Legendary, haha

Waiting for your thoughts guys

Thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Sieber
United States
McMinnville
Oregon
flag msg tools
I'm looking forward to having some real talk with some real folks!
badge
Hi, I'm Matt, A radar technician.
mbmbmbmbmb
La_Gofr wrote:
Hi guys !

I'm a deep fan of this game, and I'm starting to have a look at the deck-building Legendary one. From what I've seen, most of people seems to find it awesome.

I've not much experience in deck-building games (only Harry Potter : Hogwarts Battle which is nice, and Walking Dead : The Board Game which is quite lame imo actually).

I would gladly have some feedback for guys who own both Marvel Heroes, and Marvel Legendary games, to know if Legendary is really worth it ?

From the base box, it looks like a similar villain/heroes choice, with some similar mechanics but I could be wrong. I think I've only scratched the emerged tip of the iceberg for Legendary, haha

Waiting for your thoughts guys

Thanks !

The two games or totally different beasts and appeal to two different types of game play. There is no way to do a comparison.

If you like Deck building games, you can not go wrong with Legendary if the Super hero theme is something you like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
BryceCon Game Convention Jan 15-18 in Southern Utah www.brycecon.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Marvel Heroes, I like Legendary. They're two completely different games, with very different mechanics and feel to them. I'd say it's worth it on the grounds of getting another game with a theme you enjoy. But it's a very apples and oranges situation for comparing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Sieber
United States
McMinnville
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MilesF wrote:
I love Marvel Heroes, I like Legendary. They're two completely different games, with very different mechanics and feel to them. I'd say it's worth it on the grounds of getting another game with a theme you enjoy. But it's a very apples and oranges situation for comparing.

It is more like apples to Brussel spouts...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joffrey N.
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the help guys ! I think I will check the rulebook first to have a rough idea of what the gameplay looks like, and then probably start with the core game first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
KY
flag msg tools
Thematic Colors of Gaming Blog
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a digital version of legendary if you want to try it first.

Personally I think they are way overrated. Particularly the marvel ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Sieber
United States
McMinnville
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
There is a digital version of legendary if you want to try it first.

Personally I think they are way overrated. Particularly the marvel ones.

I enjoy Aliens legendary far better than Marvel... IMHO
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Legendary is a nice box with nice art.

You aren't any particular hero. You aren't managing any particular group of heroes - all the other players can "have" the same heroes you do (to the extent that anyone has a hero in the game). You have to defeat the bad guys, but that's generally pretty simple so as a co-op game it's not very interesting. You're perhaps competing against the other players for points, but there's really no thematic reason to do so. It's a nice activity, but not so great as a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls