Popular Tags: texas [+] [View All]
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good Evening,

I was recently sent on a business trip to Longview, Texas, and I was wondering if there were any good FLGS in the area.

Thanks in advance for the info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kandrac
United States
Grand Prairie
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know, but you're sure to find some good feed stores!

Gg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Denson
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
I never saw any FLGS there. I grew up in Longview. I'd have to suggest you make some friends on vassal or brettspielwelt. Only eurogames I ever saw were at hastings, but that was after I moved off to college.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yikes, pickings are slim in Longview... How about within about an hours drive. I can drive a bit if I am going to get to a game store. I was just looking for some good ol' American pricing on some games. I brought an extra suitcase with me, so I can bring a lot of stuff back. I am here for about 6 more weeks.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/120302 ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Spade
United States
Elizabethtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crambaza wrote:
I was just looking for some good ol' American pricing on some games. I brought an extra suitcase with me, so I can bring a lot of stuff back. I am here for about 6 more weeks.

Six weeks in Longview! surprise Oh my....

I would recommend going to Morelos Mexican restaurant (for food, not games), but I believe it is defunct.

Maybe you could find an online store with cheap shipping to TX.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went to high school in White Oak and my mother still lives there so I still visit. My best (only) game find so far was a copy of Can't Stop at the Gladewater Goodwill store. I defintely agree that you should order online. Some places have free shipping for large orders. (Boards & Bits, Thoughthammer?)

As far as food, you MUST try Bodacious BBQ. It is the Best. BBQ. EVER! There's one on the loop next to Harley's liquor store as well as one in Kilgore at the corner of I-20 and hwy. 42. I pick up a jug of their sauce every time I go. For Mexican and Tex-Mex food try Papacitas near the Longview mall.

Enjoy our fine Texas summer. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a few in the Dallas area which is only a couple hours drive.

If you want really cheap check out www.lotechgames.com. Ernie is a great guy and usually brings the games we order to our gaming night on Tuesdays. I suggest you contact him and then hightail it to Dallas to pick up your games and play them with us.

Check out our website for when we meet. www.dallasgames.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheal
United States
Kosse
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget that if you buy from Thoughthammer - you will get hit by the 8.25% state sales tax, if you are shipping to Texas.

I found that out the hard way

(yes - I know my location says UK - I spend a lot of time in Texas visiting my fiancee)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's funny that you bring up Bodacious BBQ, because someone told me about it, and my plan is to hit it this weekend! When I first heard the name, and thought, a place with a name like that just HAS to be good!

I can't wait for it! Too bad about the lack of FLGS though... for some reason I thought that there would be a ton of FLGS, heck I am in Texas, everything is bigger in Texas!

Thanks for securing my dinner of choice for tonight!

Unfortunately for the Dallas gaming group, work is taking up my 4:00PM to 12:30AM's , monday thru friday, so I can't make it. (working evening shifts is the worst thing ever!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This might be right up your alley.

www.dallasgamesmarathon.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T M
United States
Longview
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a new store in Longview now on the north west side at 2147 Gilmer Rd.

Site: http://threesunsunlimited.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/threesunsunlimited

So far I've had good service and the people are really nice. They currently run quite a few events too.

NOTE: Yes this thread is very old, but I added it here so that it would be linked to from here: http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Friendly_Local_Game_Store...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls