Jared Zunker
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
ElderYoda
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,

I am adding Blue Peg/Peg Pink Peg to my podcast listening. I’ve heard good things from practically everyone. I’m looking for suggestions on how to start my listening.

Is it better to jump right in to the current episode, a specific episode to go back to to start, or go all the way back to the beginning(long way back it seems)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Vannoy
United States
Shreve
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What I did and don't recommend is jumping around to hear about the featured games I wanted to. I listen to the new ones as they come out but now I go back to the beginning and work my way through all of them. Luckily my app tells me if I have listened to it before. I have done this with BPPP and the Secret Cabal. Also doing the jump around thing on Brawling Bros.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Rouse
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
triplexrossed wrote:
Hey,

I am adding Blue Peg/Peg Pink Peg to my podcast listening. I’ve heard good things from practically everyone. I’m looking for suggestions on how to start my listening.

Is it better to jump right in to the current episode, a specific episode to go back to to start, or go all the way back to the beginning(long way back it seems)?

WELCOME!!! One of us, one of us!!! I guess for listening you can choose to jump right in, so you are keeping current with the present happenings of us. You could also start at the beginning to understand our evolution as a show (please do not judge us on our sound quality; we were babies). The other idea would be to jump in around Episode 36. This was when Jeremy (GreenPEG) joined the show and probably a good place to get the real meat of what BPPP is about. The choice is yours! Choose wisely!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Zunker
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
ElderYoda
mbmbmbmbmb
piranhapig wrote:
triplexrossed wrote:
Hey,

WELCOME!!! One of us, one of us!!! I guess for listening you can choose to jump right in, so you are keeping current with the present happenings of us. You could also start at the beginning to understand our evolution as a show (please do not judge us on our sound quality; we were babies). The other idea would be to jump in around Episode 36. This was when Jeremy (GreenPEG) joined the show and probably a good place to get the real meat of what BPPP is about. The choice is yours! Choose wisely!

No judgement lol. I started from the beginning of Brawling Brothers and If I can handle them from the beginning I can handle anything! Lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
piranhapig wrote:
triplexrossed wrote:
Hey,

Don't ignore Christina's advice to choose wisely. I chose poorly and then I aged 100 years, decayed, and turned to dust. Now I am only able to play games because I figured out how to move things like Patrick Swayze did in Ghost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Kelly
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome! So glad to have you as part of this wide-spread and diverse family. I think jumping right in is fine. We have occasional throwbacks and quite a few ongoing bits, but we strive to make the show accessible from the start.

If I were to make a BPPP play list it would include:

Episode 11, Christina Hot Seat

Episode 28,First Re-Roll and Good back and forth of Tier Two Games

Episode 32, The beginning of the great variability debate

Episode 44, One of my favorite discussions we've ever had on the show

Episode 48, A really good trivia segement

Episode 51, Terra Mystica, First Buonocore love professions

Episode 69, A very critical review and some funny gaming beefs

Episode 90, A good Buonocore ep and some fun trivia

Episode 95, A Great RobbCon rehash

Episode 100, a fun clip show

Episodes 111-113, Great Guest shows

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hall
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wombat929 wrote:
piranhapig wrote:
triplexrossed wrote:
Hey,

Don't ignore Christina's advice to choose wisely. I chose poorly and then I aged 100 years, decayed, and turned to dust. Now I am only able to play games because I figured out how to move things like Patrick Swayze did in Ghost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Grants Pass
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What I have done with many podcasts is start with the most current and subscribe to the new episodes. I'll listen to those as they come out. I'll also download blocks of 5-10 from the beginning, and make my way through those while I'm waiting for the new episodes. It allows you to get to know the cast and learn the inside jokes and what not. I do sales, and have a lot of window time, so I have plenty of time to consume podcasts. Not everyone's schedule is as agreeable, though. Welcome! You're gonna like it here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Turner
United States
Glen Allen
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pablopk wrote:
Welcome! So glad to have you as part of this wide-spread and diverse family. I think jumping right in is fine. We have occasional throwbacks and quite a few ongoing bits, but we strive to make the show accessible from the start.

Saving this for future reference. I gotta figure where I started and check these out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Melo
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would just go back to this year's episode. Maybe you can listened to some early ones but will depend how much time you have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
pablopk wrote:

I'll also say you should listen to two minutes starting at 16:30 of episode 46 to hear a great story about Rob and Harper at a cafe. Hands down my favorite moment of the podcast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Paul
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To the OP: I see you have the Secret Cabal microbadge, so I suggest you go back to the GenCon 2017 preview episode. The BPPP segment is 30 minutes of Podcasting Gold!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Newman
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
and Tentacles
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pablopk wrote:

I've been a long time listener, but I'm not sure I've heard all of these. I happen to have a lot of podcast listening time on my hand with my current work situation, so now would be a good time to (re)listen to the hits!

[EDIT] I take it back, my phone tells me I have indeed listened to all of them - no harm in revisiting, though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher Hickman
United States
St. Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Gaming Unplugged since... 2016
mbmbmbmbmb
Go back to the earliest episode with a game you are interested in. Then follow the feed from there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Curto
United States
Sandpoint
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always listen to new episodes as they come out, while starting from the beginning to see/hear the evolution of the show hosts. That's how I do all my podcasts, and while it's sometimes a struggle to listen to older quality, or ANY shows first 10-20 shows while they struggle to find their legs, that's also one of the best ways to see who they are.

I actually really enjoyed the early BPPP when they had a formal discussion topic at the end! I know it made for longer episodes (or at least that is always the reason given for cutting it) but I did really enjoy it, but then I also enjoy BB 4.5 hour episodes also so maybe I'm not a typical listener...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Shaw
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
But, which episode had the Christina Young MC rap? I've tried searching for that. Classic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Kelly
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeekyGamerJoe wrote:
But, which episode had the Christina Young MC rap? I've tried searching for that. Classic!

Episode 89 at the 1 minute and 11 seconds mark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Several years ago, I came across the Brawling Brothers podcast and a few months later I met Brandon at Origins and he recommended BPPP. Over the next year, I caught up on every episode of both podcasts thanks to a 35-40 min commute to/from work. Those are the only two podcasts I listen to both in their entirety and every episode.

Cheers,
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Cassens
United States
Auburn
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
BPPP absolutely is my favorite podcast! It’s the one podcast I listen to the day it releases. I love the chemistry between the members and every episode has something there even if I’m not interested in the game they’re reviewing. Also it’s the one podcast my son will get his head out of his phone playing fortnite for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
Blue Peg, Pink Peg Gaming Podcast
mbmbmbmbmb
I love you guys...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Winter
United States
Farmington Hills
MI - Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Professor wrote:
Several years ago, I came across the Brawling Brothers podcast and a few months later I met Brandon at Origins and he recommended BPPP. Over the next year, I caught up on every episode of both podcasts thanks to a 35-40 min commute to/from work. Those are the only two podcasts I listen to both in their entirety and every episode.

Cheers,
Joe

I did the same, but discovering BPPP first, and without meeting any of these fine folks from either podcast. I'm heading to Origins this year, so I'm hoping to get the chance to meet one or more of these influences in my boardgaming life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Light
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been re-listening to Patrick's list. All the way back on 28, Robb they never touched iOS Ascension, the releases all still came. Also, are you still playing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
Blue Peg, Pink Peg Gaming Podcast
mbmbmbmbmb
I am!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Curto
United States
Sandpoint
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Professor wrote:
Several years ago, I came across the Brawling Brothers podcast...

I'm the reverse, I found Brawling Brothers through BPPP last summer. Thanks two 2 hours commuting every day I've been able finish their second episode this week
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
OhMee
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found the podcast through the /r/boardgames

AAAAAAAWESOME!

I just started 2 days ago. And I've listed to 5 episodes already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |