Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Helge Ostertag
Germany
Hofheim
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
"Terra Mystica: Age of Innovation" will be the second great Expansion and should be published 2019.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Paul
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. That's a good news, indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Karnuth
United States
Fleming Island
Fl
flag msg tools
badge
Glad it's mercifully over.
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't wait, any hints as to what it will contain?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brilliant news Helge thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Auer
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please include an Automa for solo players! Pleeeeease :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Every
Australia
Gold Coast
QLD
flag msg tools
Everyone chant now! "Modular Board! Modular Board!"
Surely mob rioting can make this happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Olander
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
Age of Innovation... I am guessing one of these two:

1) a new (full 7?) set of factions, with more modern/tech based flavor - steampunk, aliens, robots, cyborgs, etc...

2) new buildings that branch out from the excisting building tree, with one more unique factions ability at the end of that branch (maybe upgrade a D to something else than a TP? and then further buildings down that road)

I really love TM as it is, so I must say that I am excited but also a bit concerned if it will turn out to the better or worse - I of course hope for the first!
F&I was overall enjoyable for me, when RW and SS were at least not in their original state, and I enjoy the new side 1 map (not so much the revised side 2) - the special landscape tiles and the balanced VPs where not to my liking, but thank god we can all mix and match whatever we like, so I am looking forward to new posibilities, and am glad that PG hasn't taken all of your focus!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mak T
France
Annecy
flag msg tools
mb
Great news indeed but please keep the TM spirit.
If players want modern techs or factions, they have Gaia project.
Thank you for all the fun you gave/give/will give to me with this fantastic game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Santos
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm also curious about this expansion, I believe there is enough space for a parallel development of both of TM and GP, as they are sufficiently distinct games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J A
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news indeed! cool
The title is intriguing. I doubt there is any point in requesting that the designers adopt this or that thematic slant or any particular "spirit" after a release date has been announced. Though personally one of the things I like about TM is its fantasy theme.

mauer wrote:
Please include an Automa for solo players! Pleeeeease :-)

I second this plea!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I have a pretty good idea what's going on in this.

There is some innovation for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Could we also get a fix for Riverwalkers and Shapeshifters that puts them inline for balance, but doesn't make them absolutely terrible like the current version does?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kin
Canada
Etobicoke
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kin
Canada
Etobicoke
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My one request is to NOT have adjusted variable starting VPs. gulp

But excited that TM is not abandoned despite GP being available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helge Ostertag
Germany
Hofheim
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There will be new stuff, like a new set of favor tiles,on top of that technology tiles (thus the working title "age of innovation" - still the same fantasy setting, just a few years later in the world of Terra Mystica (no Steampunk)), new factions: with variable basic abilities and variable Stronghold abilities. These are not compatible with any of the original or fire and ice factions, they are the next generation with more variance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Horologiom wrote:
These are not compatible with any of the original or fire and ice factions, they are the next generation with more variance.

I have to say, that's pretty annoying. I don't like expansions that are incompatible with previous expansions.

Will probably still buy it because TM is one of my favorite games, but... disappointed. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Boberson
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Hover Harder
badge
You hoverin'?
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is that "incompatible" means you use the same colored pieces, but have new faction boards. Other things like power actions/favor tiles/cult tracks may be replaced.

While "incompatible", I would bet there will be heavy reuse of TM base game components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
Horologiom wrote:
These are not compatible with any of the original or fire and ice factions, they are the next generation with more variance.

I have to say, that's pretty annoying. I don't like expansions that are incompatible with previous expansions.

Will probably still buy it because TM is one of my favorite games, but... disappointed. soblue

Not quite.

You could probably still play with a previous faction against a strategy designed faction (variable Book and SH), but it could be a handicap because a strategy designed faction would have a larger choice of options than they otherwise would have.

A variant might also be possible to choose from the 14 or 20 factions and then strategy design a faction from Age of Innovation to help keep the balance for everyone else's strategy designed factions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Feathers
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I read it, I also think the new favor tiles and maybe even the technology tiles could be used with the original game. It just sounds like the new factions aren't meant to be mixed with the old ones.

But I could be very wrong in that reading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Ranior wrote:
The way I read it, I also think the new favor tiles and maybe even the technology tiles could be used with the original game. It just sounds like the new factions aren't meant to be mixed with the old ones.

But I could be very wrong in that reading.

AFAIK, this is mostly correct. I am also making new Favor Tiles as well for my Ship Expansion and I duplicated a few that were already going to be in Age of Innovation with my proposal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Selzler
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would be great if the expansion came in an extra large box that could fit all the TM content in one box
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilherme Albuquerque
msg tools
Horologiom wrote:
, they are the next generation with more variance.

I'm reading "the next generation" hoping for a TM campaign where the new factions slowly surface from the old ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sublimentality wrote:
Would be great if the expansion came in an extra large box that could fit all the TM content in one box

Yeah, really.

I finally bought a Broken Token insert for this game, which reduces setup time to practically nothing, and with the base game + Fire & Ice, there is absolutely no room in the box for anything else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
Horologiom wrote:

I actually like this quite a bit BUT I am looking at it like Race for the Galaxy and its various "expansion paths". I really applaud the decision and am actually more excited now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H Harengel
Germany
Greven
Münsterland
flag msg tools
this geek loves strategic games
badge
this is an old photography of the young man
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
Horologiom wrote:

They are alternatives and you cannot combine everything. But nothing will be incompatible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.