Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Farrell
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gloomhaven last night! We normally drink water. Although there was that one time we had green tea and goldfish during the tea ceremonies in Rising Sun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McCallen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our grocery store just got a nice new cheese section, so we've added cheese and crackers as our go-to game snack. Though this week we also had lasagna as a mid-game meal.

We got to play Century: Golem edition a couple times. Every time I play this it makes me sad that all of the sequels will be spice trading. I want to see more of these utilitarian golems! I think the big thing the people I play games with like about this game is that you are always visibly moving forward; every action improves your situation in obvious ways.

My daughter invited her friends over, but they all cancelled. So she was a soggy mess of teenage emotions. But she's also been really into Star Wars since The Last Jedi. I talked her into playing Star Wars: Rebellion. Controlling an empire really boosted her spirits. In the end, she had 2 turns left with only 2 cards left in the probe deck, but then I sent 2 doomed armies to strike against her and managed to kill enough to move the reputation track. She lost the war but was a much happier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
A good weekend for gaming. We got in our first try at game 5 of Hogwarts Battle (and lost), and today we played Alexandria, which was pretty fun, but definitely a "takes one game to get it" game. Next time it will be very fun. Played a round of Love Letter and Pocket Ops as well. Nice weekend!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kanost
United States
York
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
OH YEAH
mbmbmbmbmb
I did end up sitting down and learning Innovation on Tuesday, after getting in Terraforming Mars on Monday night and an unexpected chance to learn NMBR 9, which was immediately added to the mental wish list.

I played a game of Terra Mystica and several of Star Realms via their apps while on the bus for five hours going to and from D.C. on Thursday. Lost TM badly; still haven't managed to break level 10 in Star Realms. My win/loss ratio remains at about 50/50.

Friday-Sunday this weekend I played a TON of games, including five plays of Azul, two plays of Rage and Space Base, and single plays of Honshu, Magic, Wordsy, Century: Golem Edition, Tzolk'in (as expected), Impulse, and Diamonds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
Grishny wrote:
I did end up sitting down and learning Innovation on Tuesday, after getting in Terraforming Mars on Monday night and an unexpected chance to learn NMBR 9, which was immediately added to the mental wish list.

I played a game of Terra Mystica and several of Star Realms via their apps while on the bus for five hours going to and from D.C. on Thursday. Lost TM badly; still haven't managed to break level 10 in Star Realms. My win/loss ratio remains at about 50/50.

Friday-Sunday this weekend I played a TON of games, including five plays of Azul, two plays of Rage and Space Base, and single plays of Honshu, Magic, Wordsy, Century: Golem Edition, Tzolk'in (as expected), Impulse, and Diamonds.

How was innovation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meghan Naxer
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a great game day with a friend yesterday! Played 2 more games of Mottainai w/Wutai mountain, one game at the coffee shop after second breakfast and one at the beginning of our game day. Then we got to try Space Base, which didn't wow us, but I'm glad it is a game that our friend enjoys a lot. Flamme Rouge w/Peloton was next, which had the opposite reaction. Then we taught San Juan (Second Edition), which was well received by all and a very close game! We ended the day with Plums. A great game day all around!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kanost
United States
York
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
OH YEAH
mbmbmbmbmb
wombat929 wrote:
How was innovation?

Pretty good, although just like other Chudyk multi-use card games, one play barely scratches the surface because there's so much going on. I need to play it many more times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Grants Pass
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty busy week last week. Friday I got in more Gloomhaven.

Saturday was a meet up at the FLGS and I played:
A Touch of Evil: The Supernatural Game - The other players loved it and we will likely add an expansion next time.

Champions of Midgard w/ Dark Mountain expansion - Continues to be a favorite of mine. I need to re-teach myself Valhalla expansion, because this game is so good with all three...it's just huge on the table and a PITA to put away.

Isle of Skye: From Chieftain to King - I smoked some fools during this game play. Was able to get double victory points on three end game scoring conditions. I recently received my eagerly anticipated expansion, Isle of Skye: Journeyman, and am anxious to see what it adds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  |