Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Hi, I'm leeece on yucata.de
badge
Maybe we can grab a game sometime?
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi folks, jamied on Yucata has just posted this in the forums, so get those 15 plays in and hope that your True Skill stays down.

Please be aware that any queries will be best and most quickly answered in the yucata thread, as per the link which you must be logged into yucata.de to access.

Not here. jamied isn't seen much here.

"Hello everyone!

I figured it was time to begin a thread for the upcoming MediOcrelympics II event. Sign-ups will begin on May 26th... I'll release the link to the sign-up sheet (a google doc) in the morning for the Eastern US, so almost everyone's time zones will allow a look as quickly as possible. For those who cannot access google docs, please send me a PM before then so we can work something else out. I'm not setting up an end date for sign-ups yet... we'll have to see how fast events fill.
**Actual game play of Mediocrelympics II will NOT begin until all events of the first Games have finished**

And so, as a reminder to our past participants, and for all of our potential new players, here are the rules for signing up for a MediOcrelympics event:
(1) Must have at least 15 scored games completed in that particular event
(2) Must have a TrueSkill of 1100 or less in said event
(3) Must be willing to commit to taking at least a turn every day or two.
^^
(I understand that this tournament is occurring during the Northern Hemisphere's Summer vacation season, and anticipate many players being away from time to time. Please use common sense when signing up. I think all of us are ok with our opponent taking a few days off, but after a week or so, it becomes a nuisance. As always, posting that you'll be away beforehand alleviates any of those problems.)

To any players new to the MediOcrelympics -
Any questions you may have, you can either post on this thread or send me a message. My Yucata-time can sometimes be limited, so you can always direct your questions to our MediOcrelympics Board Members - Zzrxes, Putzibram, or leeece -
Thanx!!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DuckOfDeath V
United States
Hillsboro
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could someone post here when the sign up sheet is ready? Otherwise I will probably miss this one, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alicia Smith
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it's going to be the 26th May, jamied's time. :-)
But I'll put in a reminder here, bearing in mind I am a million time zones away from jamied.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giorgio Saracco
Finland
Jyväskylä
flag msg tools
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing - G.B. Shaw
badge
No matter how you look at it, I'm the nicest in the world!
mbmb
List of events:

7 Steps / Alchemist / Antike Duellum / Attika / Automobiles / Balloon Cup / Cacao / Call To Glory / Can't Stop / Carc H&G / Carc South Seas / Castles Of Burgundy / City Blocks / ConHex / Dragonheart / Egizia / El Grande / Era Of Inventions / Famiglia / Fantasy Dice Battles / Fearsome Floors / First Class / Founding Fathers / Glen More / Guildhall / Hawaii / Hellas / Hey That's My Fish / Imhotep / Jaipur / Just For Fun / Just For Fun Colours / La Isla / Las Vegas / Lemminge / Macao / Maori / Mystic Vale / Nations / Nauticus / Navegador / One Eye / Oregon / Othello / Pompeii / Port Royal / Race / Rattus / R-Eco / RTTA / Russian Railroads / Saint Petersburg / Santa Cruz / Schweinebande / Shanghaien / Six / Skyline / Sobek / Spexx / Stone Age / Tally Ho / Targi / Thunderstone / Thurn And Taxis / To Court The King / Two By Two / Vikings / Voluspa / Voyages Of Marco Polo / War Of The Roses / Way Of The Dragon / Zooloretto
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alicia Smith
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've started the Geeklist for it here here 2nd MediOcrelympic Tournament Geeklist - not quite finished yet, I'll get there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alicia Smith
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also some duplicate names in BGG, so if you're more familiar with the game on Yucata and I've put the wrong one, do let me know and I'll change it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Hauser
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely looking forward to the 2nd edition! I certainly qualify in enough events and my showing in the 1st MediOcrelympics shows that I belong here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Anderson
United States
Ivory Tower
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have board games.
badge
How do you know what you want 'til you get what you want and you see if you like it?
mbmbmbmbmb
I've upped my play counts in some games to qualify for even more mediocrity. Thank you to jamied and the board for organizing this, I had so much gold-less fun in the 1st round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Box
Mexico
Querétaro
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking forward to get to participate this time round. I am less than mediocre in most yucata games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DuckOfDeath V
United States
Hillsboro
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I just finished my 15th game of Shanghiaen so I qualify! woo hoo!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MipFVrkXLCudf8sJXmyR...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls