Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
Blue Peg, Pink Peg Gaming Podcast
mbmbmbmbmb
It is time you welcome you to your reroll. This episode's reroll is Aeon's End. Remember if you provide comments below also include your BPPP rating.
Poll
1. Have you played Aeon's End?
Yes!
No,but want to.
No, but would try if someone brought out to play.
No and have no desire to
2. What is your BPPP rating of Aeon's End?
6- Collection Essential
3- average
0- THE WORST!
      139 answers
Poll created by rookenoble
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not played, but I kickstarted Aeon's End: Legacy & have it and War Eternal coming at some point, looking forward to trying it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Turner
United States
Glen Allen
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not a co op fan, and there's just SO many deck builders out there that it has got to be super special for me to even take a look at of nowadays. I saw a bit of hype about it while it was on kickstarter, and ultimately I just passed. Not interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Simone [The Quasi Geek Dad]
United States
Redmond
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Best part of this game is the ability to "build" your deck by determining how you discarded your cards. Fun that you have different adversaries to compete against that require different strategies to defeat. No much quarterbacking for a co-op.

My least favorite thing is that it is a long game for being a deck builder. There are not many cards to choose from to buy. So basically you find the best combo and you just spam it for an hour. So you don't really adapt to the situation as there are clear combos for winning. So for me the replay-ability ended after beating each adversary.

Still was fun, obviously i played a bunch of times, but I never chose to play it, and i didn't own it. Would i ever initiate playing this game? No. But it's just not my cup of tea. Still a good game and a good game for a type of gamer that loves these co-op deck builders. Personally I am not a fan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kanost
United States
York
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
OH YEAH
mbmbmbmbmb
I spent my last day at PAX Unplugged last year volunteering at the Indie Boards & Cards booth. I was supposed to be demoing Kokoro: Avenue of the Kodama, but they'd already sold out of the game, so they had me run demos of Aeon's End instead. I had no prior experience with the game other than you all's review of it.

Now, running a demo isn't the same as playing a full game. I played, or watched played, the first 3-5 rounds of the starter game probably 10-12 times throughout the day. It was getting pretty tedious by the end, and it left me both wanting to play further into a game and also at the same time never wanting to play the game again.

So far, I've not had any opportunity to play it again; I don't know anyone who has it. But based on my admittedly limited experience, I rank it a 3. For me, it felt like an average deck builder that didn't feel a whole lot different from playing Sentinels of the Multiverse. I did like what the deck-building mechanism added to the cooperative, fight-the-big-bad style of game, but it didn't feel different enough to to me to warrant having it in my collection alongside all the other deck building games I'd rather play. I received a free copy of the game for my hours demoing it that day, and I literally immediately traded it for a copy of Downforce. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg L
Canada
Waterdown
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm very new here... But seeing the (albeit early) numbers felt I should probably comment.

Aeon's end is particularly good solo. Very challenging, and I still lose more than I win. A great game that plays in 30-45 minutes when everyone has gone home or gone to bed and you aren't ready to call it a night!

Edit: Forgot to add that I rated it a 5!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Grants Pass
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played Aeon's End a few times and enjoyed my plays of it. It has been hard to beat, but I've recently won with three players. As far as deck builders go, there are others I'd want to play before this one: Legendary Encounters: An Alien Deck Building Game, Tyrants of the Underdark, Clank! In! Space!, and Valeria: Card Kingdoms to name a few. If it comes out, I'll play it and have fun. If I have a choice, I'll likely pass and play one of the other deck builders I mentioned or something entirely different. It's a good game, but for me, there are just better games available. That said, I still give it a solid 4 pegs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't Aeon's End the central hub you visit in Chrono Trigger? I probably sank 200 hours of my life into playing the hell out of Chrono Trigger when I was in High School. Chrono Trigger is a solid 6 out of 6 pegs for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Nye
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hope to hear good things from the peg heads on this one. The game went right to my want list after the original episode but have not got a chance to purchase yet. Fingers crossed.

scottatlaw wrote:
Isn't Aeon's End the central hub you visit in Chrono Trigger? I probably sank 200 hours of my life into playing the hell out of Chrono Trigger when I was in High School. Chrono Trigger is a solid 6 out of 6 pegs for me.

Was always more of a Final Fantasy guy back in the day but still have my copy and will have to also give a collection essential 6 out of 6 pegs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Rademaker
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a sucker for deck builders, so this was one that was on my radar but never had a chance to try it till a local con last November. I played with a group of other guys and we got completely hammered by the game, but I fell in love. Having all available cards available for purchase, Dominion-style, but no shuffling so I can set myself up for future turns? Yes, please! I've since gotten every expansion and backed Aeon's End Legacy.

If you're not burned out on co-ops or deck builders, I think this is something you should seek out. A solid 5 from me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
Blue Peg, Pink Peg Gaming Podcast
mbmbmbmbmb
got them, thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Burke (The Chubby Meeple)
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Aeon's End is a game that doesn't come off the shelf very often, but when it does I always enjoy it. I really like how the gameplay can be changed based on which nemesis and mages are being played. And the unique nature of not shuffling your discard pile is great because it allows me to set myself up for some great future turns. This ability to sort of pre-plan upcoming turns really sets the game apart from other deckbuilders. I had the opportunity to playtest the upcoming Legacy edition and am happy with what it is bringing to the game. Overall, the game is a solid 4 (and would likely creep into 5 territory if I played it more often).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hayashida
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny enough, but the "star power" would be what would catch my interest in this game. The designer was a professional StarCraft player (that went to a local university, actually).

When he stopped playing professionally, and said that he was designing a board game, I sort of rolled my eyes. I was surprised when it was actually reviewed well by several online personalities whose opinion I respect. It isn't the typical kind of game that I like to play, but would be willing to give it a shot, just to see how wrong my initial impressions were.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.