Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
41 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2  | 

Blue Peg, Pink Peg» Forums » General

Subject: Important Poll - Bathrooms rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ray
United States
Mansfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Five months of peace is just what I want
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jmsmith2434 wrote:
Apparently many of you never clean your bathrooms?

I don't care if you gutted the bathroom and replaced it with all new : no food or drink in the room you expel waste products!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Grants Pass
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rayzor6 wrote:
jmsmith2434 wrote:
Apparently many of you never clean your bathrooms?

I don't care if you gutted the bathroom and replaced it with all new : no food or drink in the room you expel waste products!

Where you extrude, you do not take food
The place you make waste, is no place to taste
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Smith
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rayzor6 wrote:
jmsmith2434 wrote:
Apparently many of you never clean your bathrooms?

I don't care if you gutted the bathroom and replaced it with all new : no food or drink in the room you expel waste products!


Because you're afraid of contaminating your waste products with high-fructose corn syrup?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Octavius
Canada
Chilliwack
BC
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
danlicata wrote:
I once ate an entire McDonald's order in their bathroom, in a stall. Myself and two of my buddies. It was in Saudi Arabia, during Ramadan.

We were in the Navy and had wandered around town looking for something other than ship food to eat (we had been at sea for 5 weeks). After wandering for about an hour we finally found a McDonald's that was serving food. We ordered and sat down in the empty restaurant to eat. The manager caught us before we could, running over to say we couldn't eat there and if we did we would get arrested. During Ramadan nothing can pass your lips from sun up to sun down (food, water, etc) and in Saudi Arabia it's the law doesn't matter if you're Muslim or not.

So our choice was attempt to find our way back to the ship carrying the food (we had no idea where we were or how to get back) or go to the bathroom, sit in the stall, wolf down our food, and hope that we didn't get arrested.

I still think that was the best McDonald's I ever ate

Two things stuck me with your story:
1) They were still open and selling food, that seems... Odd.

2)"(we had no idea where we were or how to get back)" That seems important. Are... Are you still there? Do you need us to send help?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
La Grange
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Maebon wrote:
danlicata wrote:
I once ate an entire McDonald's order in their bathroom, in a stall. Myself and two of my buddies. It was in Saudi Arabia, during Ramadan.

We were in the Navy and had wandered around town looking for something other than ship food to eat (we had been at sea for 5 weeks). After wandering for about an hour we finally found a McDonald's that was serving food. We ordered and sat down in the empty restaurant to eat. The manager caught us before we could, running over to say we couldn't eat there and if we did we would get arrested. During Ramadan nothing can pass your lips from sun up to sun down (food, water, etc) and in Saudi Arabia it's the law doesn't matter if you're Muslim or not.

So our choice was attempt to find our way back to the ship carrying the food (we had no idea where we were or how to get back) or go to the bathroom, sit in the stall, wolf down our food, and hope that we didn't get arrested.

I still think that was the best McDonald's I ever ate

Two things stuck me with your story:
1) They were still open and selling food, that seems... Odd.

2)"(we had no idea where we were or how to get back)" That seems important. Are... Are you still there? Do you need us to send help?

Doesn't seem odd to me - Capitalism! - I grew up in Minnesota, where it was illegal to buy or set off fireworks. But around the fourth of July, there were a bunch of fireworks stands in Wisconsin on the border. In Wisconsin it was illegal to set off fireworks, but not to sell them. (I have in my memory that you also needed an out-of-state ID to buy fireworks in Wisconsin, but I may be imagining that -- I never went and bought any myself.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Octavius
Canada
Chilliwack
BC
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, capitalism, but my question is who's buying? If no one is legally allowed to eat between sunrise and sunset who's going to McDonald's during the day? I'm surprised they didn't just close from sunrise until a little after before sunset, there can't be enough business for it to be worth being open.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Maebon wrote:
Yes, capitalism, but my question is who's buying? If no one is legally allowed to eat between sunrise and sunset who's going to McDonald's during the day? I'm surprised they didn't just close from sunrise until a little after before sunset, there can't be enough business for it to be worth being open.

Every other place we went to was closed. This McDonald's was open and only giving out food in to go bags, they didn't even ask. There were a few people buying food and leaving with it, presumably to eat at home. Not every one in Saudi Arabia is Muslim. Also the laws are only enforced (that I know of) in public so you are allowed to eat/drink in the privacy of your home where no one can see you.

As for not knowing where we were, we had just docked for the first time in a foreign country. None of us had ever been there before. This wasn't our first first time in a foreign place, nearly everywhere we visited we would get lost and find our way back eventually usually by bar hopping or looking for a place to get food that wasn't canned in the early 1930's. At this point we had been wandering for around an hour and had no idea (other than general direction) how to get back to the ship. So don't worry after we ate our hot food we managed to make it back.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cassidy
Canada
West Kelowna
British Columbia (BC)
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I need a third option of "Beverages are totally fine, especially a nice shower brew, but how in the world could you possibly eat food where you poop?"

Can that be added to the poll?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Turner
United States
Glen Allen
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardsAlive wrote:
I need a third option of "Beverages are totally fine, especially a nice shower brew, but how in the world could you possibly eat food where you poop?"

Can that be added to the poll?

I'm with Aaron on this. A contained liquid is one thing. A lovely beverage while soaking in a tub can be wonderful. But who wants to eat a meal in the same room that you're going to evacuate said meal in later? There may not be a difference in reality, but in my mind there certainly is. Alcohol yes, food no.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Liles
United States
Valparaiso
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think in college or shortly thereafter would be acceptable for shower beer. This level of grey that I have now would cause it to be leaning toward someone needing to give me an intervention.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Smith
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
White Castles smell exactly the same going in as they do coming out, so there should be no issues with them in the bathroom
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Irwin Dolobowsky
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
mtitelbaum wrote:
rookenoble wrote:
Poll
Is it okay to consume food/beverages in the bathroom?
Yes - a shower beer or a nice piece of pizza in the bathroom is fine.
No - No one should eat or drink anything in bathroom (see toilet spray)
      166 answers
Poll created by rookenoble

Am I some sort of Victorian prude?

---Matt

Yep.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dreux Barbier
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't eat in there, but how different is it than brushing teeth or taking meds... My pot is in a smaller room inside the larger bathroom though, so the "spray" is lessened.
I will admit to having a coffee in there while I "read my rule book".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Matics

Cary
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this poll is slanted to show Robb's opinion is correct, and Christina's is wrong. There should be more options than "yes", and "no".

I'm all for drinking a cold beer in the shower, especially during the summer after several hours of yard work. However, when it comes to a situation where someone is sitting reverse-cowboy style on a toilet with a full meatloaf, mashed potatoes, fork, and knife dinner plate sitting on the tank, I'M OUT.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
La Grange
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rockstar379 wrote:
I think this poll is slanted to show Robb's opinion is correct, and Christina's is wrong. There should be more options than "yes", and "no".

I'm all for drinking a cold beer in the shower, especially during the summer after several hours of yard work. However, when it comes to a situation where someone is sitting reverse-cowboy style on a toilet with a full meatloaf, mashed potatoes, fork, and knife dinner plate sitting on the tank, I'M OUT.

"a full meatloaf" sounds like a phrase from urbandictionary you'd regret clicking on.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Elkins
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm supremely surprised that Robb was not aware of or a proponent of a Shower Beer. I figured that it was a natural evolution of being efficient with your pre-game before going out while you are also getting ready. I always saw them as a way to get a beer or two in before you are ready to leave the house for the night. There are specific beers out there named Shower Beer (with some having a higher ABV to really help you kick start your night).





Also, the poll is intentionally designed to push responses away from shower beer by conflating it with toilet pizza. There needs to be three options for Consumable Shower Beverages, Bathroom Food, and WTF were you thinking with option 1 and 2.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  |