Recommend
27 
 Thumb up
 Hide
883 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [36] | 

1 Player guild» Forums » General

Subject: What are you listening to? And your overall tastes in music. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
aaron
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ixitotem wrote:

Skinny Puppy

Skinny Puppy made it hard for me to enjoy other industrial bands...they're just too good and everyone else made me bored...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
Italy
Muggiò
MB
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
Oh! Ah! Pino Palladino? Steve Di Giorgio?

I pretty much hate 80's pop, but I LOVE The secret of association by Paul Young. Pino is incredible in general, but that album... wow.

And of course I also like Di Giorgio... if I have to name one album, I'd say Individual Thought of Patterns.

ixitotem wrote:
Skinny Puppy

Speaking of Puppies... What about Snarky Puppy? This album recorded live is one of the best thing you can find on Youtube, no joke. [geekurl=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk0WRHV_vt8&list=PL52RKVKBFM328OwddSMRQS9BYOA3oVDgl]We like it here[/geekurl] Great, great music and the ending of Lingus is something glorious... it's also very well shot!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Banner
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently on my plate:
Sigur Rós
Sleep Research Facility
Pete Namlook & Geir Jenssen (The Fires of Ork)
Talking Heads
Danzig
LTJ Bukem
Ólafur Arnalds

General loves include:
Coil
classical- especially Bach (Goldberg Variations, Two and Three Part Inventions)
Vince Guarldi
MPB (Apanhador Só, Cicero, O Terno, Samba 808)
Loscil
early dark ambient from Cold Meat Industry label
Atrium carceri
Alt-j
Carly Rae Jepsen
Amon Tobin
Florence and the Machine
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No_Frets wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:
Oh! Ah! Pino Palladino? Steve Di Giorgio?

I pretty much hate 80's pop, but I LOVE The secret of association by Paul Young. Pino is incredible in general, but that album... wow.

And of course I also like Di Giorgio... if I have to name one album, I'd say Individual Thought of Patterns.

ixitotem wrote:
Skinny Puppy

Speaking of Puppies... What about Snarky Puppy? This album recorded live is one of the best thing you can find on Youtube, no joke. [geekurl=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk0WRHV_vt8&list=PL52RKVKBFM328OwddSMRQS9BYOA3oVDgl]We like it here[/geekurl] Great, great music and the ending of Lingus is something glorious... it's also very well shot!

Haha I was absolutely thinking of Snarky Puppy when I saw that Great band

Come Back And Stay is an absolute bass masterpiece if you ask me but I'd love to hear more from Pino through other artists than Paul Young

Great pick on Death too
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬ Stephanie ♩♪♩♪♩ ♩♪♩♪♫♪
United States
In the middle of nowhere
New York
flag msg tools
Honey + Yeast + Time = Nectar of the Gods
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I basically just answered this question a few days ago in another thread laugh

flaeryn wrote:
I listen to a lot of different stuff. Musicals, celtic, instrumentals, rock, metal - pretty much anything but rap or country. I couldn't really begin to make a list except for maybe some staples. I love clever lyrics and interesting riffs. I love violin. Parodies.

Well, here's some staples, I guess:

Lindsey Stirling
Tori Amos
Fiona Apple
Dresden Dolls
Emilie Autumn
Mairead Nesbitt
Enya
Loreena McKennitt
Flogging Molly
Lacuna Coil
Nightwish
Tempest
The Black Mages
Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Vitamin String Quartet
Dave Mattthews Band
Depeche Mode
(Literally any Musical by Sondheim)

That's not everything, obviously, just a taste of what's on my Pandora because there's no way I'd think of them all.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aaron
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
coil23 wrote:


General loves include:
Coil

I love Coil so much. I found this while going through my CDs last month...

7 
 Thumb up
5.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Banner
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
(little bit jealous)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aaron
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
coil23 wrote:
(little bit jealous)

I'd love to get some dark ambient recommendations from you...I love Loscil and some other bands you mentioned but really don't know much about CMI as a label...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Banner
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
spaceman23 wrote:
coil23 wrote:
(little bit jealous)

I'd love to get some dark ambient recommendations from you...I love Loscil and some other bands you mentioned but really don't know much about CMI as a label...

Shall I send you a geekmail later?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Kern
United States
Newport
KY
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I tend to binge on one particular artist, and I prefer listening to entire albums rather than individual songs. I'm just getting over a big They Might Be Giants kick...saw them perform their breakthrough album Flood live last month, and it was one of the best shows I've ever been to.

I've since moved onto listening to Pedro the Lion, a band that I somehow missed at the peak of their popularity. I'm listening to their 2002 album Control on a daily basis at the moment, and I'm also listening to a lot of David Bazan's 2009 solo album Curse Your Branches.

In general, my tastes are all over the place. Some of my favorite include Elliott Smith, REM, Kanye, Cake, The Killers, and Screaming Females.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Eastwood
United States
Windham
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Chaos is a ladder
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
spaceman23 wrote:
ixitotem wrote:

Skinny Puppy

Skinny Puppy made it hard for me to enjoy other industrial bands...they're just too good and everyone else made me bored...

TRUTH
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Eastwood
United States
Windham
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Chaos is a ladder
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
spaceman23 wrote:
coil23 wrote:
(little bit jealous)

I'd love to get some dark ambient recommendations from you...I love Loscil and some other bands you mentioned but really don't know much about CMI as a label...

Here's my recommendation...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delìrium_Còrdia
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oda
msg tools
But if it were me, I'd really wanna be, a giant woman.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I should mention, since it's World Goth Day, that I'm also an enormous fan of Bauhaus!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Park
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
While I have diverse and eclectic tastes, and in my teaching studio listen to most anything, on my own I listen mostly to conscious music, mostly reggae and hip-hop influenced message music, Wookiefoot, Nahko and Medicine for the People, Satsang, Mike Love (not the beach boy,) and others.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oda
msg tools
But if it were me, I'd really wanna be, a giant woman.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
eastwoodk wrote:
spaceman23 wrote:
coil23 wrote:
(little bit jealous)

I'd love to get some dark ambient recommendations from you...I love Loscil and some other bands you mentioned but really don't know much about CMI as a label...

Here's my recommendation...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delìrium_Còrdia

Yes Fantomas is another one of my favs! (I guess I have a lot of favs...)
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Eastwood
United States
Windham
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Chaos is a ladder
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
oduh wrote:
eastwoodk wrote:
spaceman23 wrote:
coil23 wrote:
(little bit jealous)

I'd love to get some dark ambient recommendations from you...I love Loscil and some other bands you mentioned but really don't know much about CMI as a label...

Here's my recommendation...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delìrium_Còrdia

Yes Fantomas is another one of my favs! (I guess I have a lot of favs...)

I'm surprised to see anyone else that knows them. Love Mike Patton.
I used to spin Mr. Bungle at the college radio station years ago.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ozan
Switzerland
Zurich
Kanton Zurich
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Is there any tea on this spaceship?"
Avatar
mb
Haken! Great band.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric M
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New Amorphis album non stop spinning for the last 5 days
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oda
msg tools
But if it were me, I'd really wanna be, a giant woman.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
eastwoodk wrote:
I'm surprised to see anyone else that knows them. Love Mike Patton.
I used to spin Mr. Bungle at the college radio station years ago.
Yes I love most things Patton. His Italian record been getting a lot of play lately. Also see that Zorn set I linked above
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dereck Sherrer
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread is awesome. I love finding out about musicians and bands that I've never heard of... so much to explore here. I've discovered so much through NPR Music Tiny Desk Concerts and AV Club's Undercover.

My tastes are a little all over the place as well, ranging from classic rock to indie to classical to rap to even a little country. As for my current frequent listens:

Screaming Females (huge fan!!!)
The Regrettes (a new fav)
Zoe Keating (I could listen to her all day long).
2Cellos (just saw them in concert, amazing)
Lindsey Stirling
Honeyblood
The New Pornographers
The Dandy Warhols
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
She & Him
Outasight




6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Perry
United States
Newtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now I am listening to The Terror on audible. ...

Wait, you meant what music do I listen to? Oh...

I don't actually listen to music often. When I do it's in an effort to stay awake when working on something for the job... Usually something classical like Danse Macabre, or Festive Overture, or Beethoven's 7th, etc...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Alton
United States
Lawrenceville
Georgia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lately soundtracks... Hamilton , Something Rotten, A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
You can tell I grew up during the 90's:

Barkmarket
Pearl jam (gonna see them in Rome in a month, yay!)
Blonde Redhead
Shannon Wright
Nine Inch Nails
Deftones
Depeche Mode
Evil Superstars
Millionaire
Queens of the Stone Age / Eagles of Death Metal/ Kyuss
Lauryn Hill
Stone Temple Pilots
Soundgarden
P.J. Harvey
Beastie Boys
Radiohead
Prodigy/Fatboy Slim/Daft Punk..
Plaid/PVT/..
Lamb
Faith No more
Les Rita Mitsouko
Chet Baker
Korn (before they got boring)
Beck
Bowie/Prince/Beatles/Hendrix/Ramones/Led Zep/Misfits/Bad Religion/Mudhoney...

And many others but you got the point.

I would love to listen to new cool things but I rarely find any new band that catches my attention.
I'm all ears though, still looking for new gems.

Luckily, many of those bands I love are still alive, kicking, producing albums and performing. So it still feels like I belong, somehow :-)
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
baylock wrote:
You can tell I grew up during the 90's:

Barkmarket
Pearl jam (gonna see them in Rome in a month, yay!)
Blonde Redhead
Shannon Wright
Nine Inch Nails
Deftones
Depeche Mode
Evil Superstars
Millionaire
Queens of the Stone Age / Eagles of Death Metal/ Kyuss
Lauryn Hill
Stone Temple Pilots
Soundgarden
P.J. Harvey
Beastie Boys
Radiohead
Prodigy/Fatboy Slim/Daft Punk..
Plaid/PVT/..
Lamb
Faith No more
Les Rita Mitsouko
Chet Baker
Korn (before they got boring)
Beck
Bowie/Prince/Beatles/Hendrix/Ramones/Led Zep/Misfits/Bad Religion/Mudhoney...

And many others but you got the point.

I would love to listen to new cool things but I rarely find any new band that catches my attention.
I'm all ears though, still looking for new gems.

Luckily, many of those bands I love are still alive, kicking, producing albums and performing. So it still feels like I belong, somehow :-)

I knew I liked you. Deftones and Pearl Jam!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I've seen both these guys on stage at least three times each and I travelled long distances to do so!
Next stop: Roma, 26th of June. Never been there, it will be awesome.

Great bands indeed.

Take care, man ;-)



1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [36] |