Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Blickley
United States
Brockton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's this guy Leo Moracchioli hailing from Norway who does metal covers of pop/classic rock songs. His YouTube channel is a rabbit hole of really great musicianship and wacky takes on songs we all know and love. The dude plays guitar, keyboard and drums, and does the vocals as well, and as a drummer myself he makes me angry, for no-one should be this talented at this many things . These are currently my favorites:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes! I recently discovered Leo, loving his covers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Kelly
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a PegHead, but I couldn't resist adding my recent listens. I consume music by the mix-tape (now known as playlist, but the idea is the same). Every few weeks I compile about 20 songs by mood or theme and listen to those songs in heavy rotation and in a very specific order.

My current list is called, "Live Too Hard" and it has a laconic, slightly mopey feel. It was inspired by the death of Scott Hutchison, a death that put me in the mood to dig into some dark themes of loss and yearning.

The first song is the very overwrought, kinda creepy, No One's Gonna Love You by Band of Horses. I do love the line, "things start splitting at the seams, now... and start tumbling down". I also love Ben Bridwell's voice, it is warm and light, but slightly strained at the edges.

Another song in the list is, Finer Feelings by Spoon. There are few bands that continual and consistently create great work like Spoon. Finer Feelings has a great hook with a perfect intermingling of drum and guitar. And like a lot of Spoon songs, the pop trappings wrap up a sad little slice of lonely life.

Another great song on the list is Day I Die by The National. Matt Berringer speak more eloquently about failed relationships, that haven't yet failed then any other artist I know. The tone is dark and a little angry, but it feels completely lived in.

Finally, the list features Death Dream by Frightened Rabbit. As Hutchinson put it, "The title, as with the song, is intended as a beautiful depiction of something horrific. The kind of thing you can’t stop looking at, or perhaps listening to, even though it’s rather painful at times."

The list features many other songs or a similar nature, but these give its general flavor,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris T
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my summer jam:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wood
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently the soundtrack for The Greatest Showman is fulling my ears with lyrical joy. And when that's not playing it's the latest album from my all time favourite artist, Cinematic by Owl City.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JGLW00d wrote:
Currently the soundtrack for The Greatest Showman is fulling my ears with lyrical joy. And when that's not playing it's the latest album from my all time favourite artist, Cinematic by Owl City.

The Greatest Showman is so fantastic! Fantastic movie and music!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freshman
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From your friends at Across the Board - Old, Current, Indie, Country, Rap, Worship... you name it we like it... here is A little bit of Everything and before we get to music lets just start with some awesomeness...

Ok Music

There you go... some current sounds on the spotify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  |