flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Everyone,
If you've, like me, been pondering and wondering about VOLUSPAAAAAA! forever, now might be the time to check it out.

$15 shipped with Amazon Prime right now:

https://www.amazon.com/Stronghold-Games-8009SG-Voluspa-Board...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Chia
United States
Gardnerville
Nevada
flag msg tools
Brass: Lancashire Railways of the World
badge
Corporate T-Rex doesn't reply to emails because his hands can't reach the keyboard
mbmbmbmbmb
Bought this last month. Strangely all the pieces came pre-punched and scattered in the box (no baggy even). I did a count, and everything is there. Played about 10 times since. Fun game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owlbear
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
I just wanna play more games
badge
Hoothoot GRRR!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Am so tempted to buy this just so I can yell out the name
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Szczepanski
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wombat929 wrote:
Hey Everyone,
If you've, like me, been pondering and wondering about VOLUSPAAAAAA! forever, now might be the time to check it out.

$15 shipped with Amazon Prime right now:

https://www.amazon.com/Stronghold-Games-8009SG-Voluspa-Board...

Thanks for the heads up. My copy arrived today and I already played two games with my eight year old daughter today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
Blue Peg, Pink Peg Gaming Podcast
mbmbmbmbmb
VOLLLLUSPA! also if anyone wants to play at Origins I am down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Stearns
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked it up too! Thanks for the heads up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Nall
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I'm a sucker for a good deal, so I'm in.

THIS BETTER BE GOOD, ROBB.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Edge

Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you were waiting (like me) price is now $24.65 ... which means almost free shipping for non prime members

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willie Williams
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I fell for this and picked up Voluspa in this sale. Got it to the table twice yesterday... and boy did it fall completely flat.

First game was during board game lunch at work. The game seems to play so quickly, I figured an hour was well within reason while our heavy AP player is not going to be around. Rules are explained so quickly, and playing with just the base game means that things should go quick.

Nope.

Every damned turn people wanted to hear a repeat of every power. It got to the point where I reminded people that four of the five tiles in their hand were there when I last answered that question. That snark backfired big time, because now they wanted to read the rulebook themselves every turn.

We didn't make it through half a game in an hour.

Then last night I had a friend over who wanted to do some relaxing gaming. He's big into Norse mythology and after we played the game he brought over (Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu) he asked to give that a try. My wife asked if this was something she would enjoy and I told her I saw no reason she wouldn't. She sat down and joined us...

Disaster! My wife did not pick up the game at all. Had no idea what any of the powers were and just did not care enough to worry about it. I asked her if she would rather play something else, we just started and no one would be upset... Nope... she wanted to stick to Voluspa.

Then she destroyed the board while holding her piece to a spot trying to decide where to place it. Just knocked everything everywhere. I had happened to have taken a picture of the board just after my turn, so we were able to rebuild, but I was quite annoyed.

In order to not mess the board up again, my wife started just flipping her tile at the board. By this time we were over an hour into the game and I looked at her and asked if she was serious.

We finally finished the game and it was obvious that she was never playing Voluspa again.

But thanks to BPPP, I have a story I can tell with gamers forever!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
Willie365 wrote:
...But thanks to BPPP, I have a story I can tell with gamers forever!

Brutal! I haven't gotten the game off my shelf of shame yet, but I'm thinking it'll take priority in July.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls