Subject: Vassal Issue rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Paulk
United States
Asheville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Definitely happens when playing in the middle turns during the advanced campaign.
When I select the Recover button, the Fatigue goes away, but building breastworks counters appear on many of these units. If I right click the unit Fatigue is available. If I delete the building breastworks then the Fatigue option is not available. Also, some of the units with Fatigue 3 will not change to Exhausted.
Anyone else experience this similarity?
I do save after every turn and then shut down the game until a later time.
Both SJWII and AGA do this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Doane
United States
Walpole
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're not the first to experience this problem, unfortunately. Fixing it will probably require rebuilding the module from scratch, something I just don't have time for at the moment. I hate to say it, but for now you're probably better off manually recovering each unit instead of using the Recover buttons.

If you don't mind answering a few questions, you might be able to provide some information that will help me figure out what's going on.

Does it only happen in the advanced game?
Did you hit the undo button during any of your moves?
Did you keep all the fatigue and entrenchment markers with the units that originally generated them?

Thanks,
Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen it intermittently. I wonder if it's where the tracking variables for fatigue or entrenchment are wrapping at 1000/200, but I haven't tried bumping them and running deep into a campaign to see if that clears it up yet.

(Rob: in my case, it was one or two units that stopped processing recovery, but the others kept working normally. Fatigue, etc, markers were kept linked. Only advanced, and only several turns in. Don't think I used undo.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Paulk
United States
Asheville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
About turn 9 this time in advanced game. Similar to last time.
I will just manually recover from now on.
Hit redo a few times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Paulk
United States
Asheville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
This FATIGUE issue is awful. I changed max heap in preferences to 768mb during a game and it did not work. I am starting a game new and will see if it works. I assume max heap is how much memory is used up to that point? I don't know. If I get further than turn 9, maybe an increase is the answer. Although I raised it to 2084mb with no improvement. Manually recovering did not help, unless you replace each unit. That gets old fast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Neff
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did this problem bleed over into RTG2 and AiO? Should we be recovering manually in those modules too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls