Sharon Khan
United Kingdom
Shefford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
Games, games and more games!
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread is for all discussion relating to UK Maths Trade June 2018. Please keep things friendly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Fergus
United Kingdom
St.Austell
Cornwall
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quiet in here snore

It's also quiet on the trade from my point of view. I'm strictly a mid weight euro gamer but I'm not seeing much this time around. Still, two days to go so I've listed a few in the hope that there's a final flurry of activity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexis Massos-Gomez
United Kingdom
Harrow
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I may be leaving the country for 3 weeks on the 16th.
The wants list closes on the 12th I think. Is 3 days usually enough time to get the trades set up?
I usually get my proposals out as soon as Sharon gives the go ahead.

Worst case scenario I could always leave the games packed up and ask my girlfriend or a friend to post them for me I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Robinson
United Kingdom
Neston
flag msg tools
mb
ferengi wrote:
Quiet in here snore

It's also quiet on the trade from my point of view. I'm strictly a mid weight euro gamer but I'm not seeing much this time around. Still, two days to go so I've listed a few in the hope that there's a final flurry of activity.

It's straight after the UKGE no ship Maths trade. There's a few I'm going to go for with my cash offer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
alemas81 wrote:
The wants list closes on the 12th I think. Is 3 days usually enough time to get the trades set up?

Worst case scenario I could always leave the games packed up and ask my girlfriend or a friend to post them for me I guess.

I don't think you can depend on 3 days being long enough, what with the inevitable reruns.

I had this situation last trade, and I just marked all my items with the warning that games wouldn't be posted for three weeks after the results. I still got one trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Smith
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cassetteboy wrote:
alemas81 wrote:

I don't think you can depend on 3 days being long enough, what with the inevitable reruns.

I had this situation last trade, and I just marked all my items with the warning that games wouldn't be posted for three weeks after the results. I still got one trade.

Definitely go for the postponed shipping warning. I could imagine that this would not even lower your trading chances that much - most of us already have dozens of games to play while waiting for yours to show up, so guess most traders wouldn't mind receiving a game 1 month after the confirmation of the results IF IT HAS BEEN MADE CLEAR UPFRONT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ferengi wrote:
Quiet in here snore

I have to agree Andrew. My ‘wishlist’ View has around 8 items on it... seems to be out of my usual wheelhouse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexis Massos-Gomez
United Kingdom
Harrow
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
smithlucas wrote:
cassetteboy wrote:
alemas81 wrote:

Definitely go for the postponed shipping warning. I could imagine that this would not even lower your trading chances that much - most of us already have dozens of games to play while waiting for yours to show up, so guess most traders wouldn't mind receiving a game 1 month after the confirmation of the results IF IT HAS BEEN MADE CLEAR UPFRONT.

Thanks both. I'll add a note on my offers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waggly Bean
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bear in mind Karsten hasn't turned up yet. If he dumps a load of his games into the trade it raises the numbers very suddenly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wagglybean wrote:
Bear in mind Karsten hasn't turned up yet. If he dumps a load of his games into the trade it raises the numbers very suddenly.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - he may not hear us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
no items showing up on olwg for anyone else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Goddard
England
Holmfirth
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is fine now, I think it was updating the list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sharon Khan
United Kingdom
Shefford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Peegee13 wrote:
It is fine now, I think it was updating the list.

It did come up with an error message when I did the update and I had to restart, might have been that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahiksking wrote:
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - he may not hear us.
I guess that things will change once you have left the EU but I'll be around a bit more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did mean to put this in writing below each of my added items originally, but unfortunately I forgot and only remembered while adding those items:

Please be aware that in case you are getting things from me, expect at least a full week until you receive anything, maybe better two weeks until that. I'll try that you'll have your games ASAP, but in the past there have been a few unfortunate incidents, where I regretfully used a lot more time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sharon Khan
United Kingdom
Shefford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Geeklist locked. Start submitting your wantlists now using the OLWLG. Please check your Stage 4 very carefully before hitting the submit button!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Wheeler
United Kingdom
Shepherds Bush, London
Great Britain
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dammit!!! I forgot all day, and thought it was tmrw

I was actually busy playing through the Unlock! first box set in order to put it into the trade :'(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Robinson
United Kingdom
Neston
flag msg tools
mb
wheelerruss wrote:

I was actually busy playing through the Unlock! first box set in order to put it into the trade :'(

There's another one in 2 months!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Wheeler
United Kingdom
Shepherds Bush, London
Great Britain
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
raged_norm wrote:
wheelerruss wrote:

There's another one in 2 months!

Yeah i know, it just seems so long away, plus there were two copies of viticulture in this one!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Taylor
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What postage service do people recommend for sending games to Europe?

Royal Mail's website is quoting me £18 for tracked small parcels, which is +£14 more than an equivalent UK delivery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Parker McParker
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We seem to have a lot of offers for Paypal amounts in Euros. The geeklist/trade rules state:

- Cash offers are welcome, but should be in pounds sterling.

It's not a big hassle, but I do need to be careful evaluating the many cash offers when they're in two different currencies. I stick a value against each of these and have to watch I don't value a €40 offer at £40.

Is there a general feeling that this rule should be more enforced next time? (Clearly it's ultimately Sharon's call, I just wondered what the general feeling was.)

Also, if I accept an offer in €, will I have conversion fees to pay if I later spend it in £?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Parker McParker
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mike3838 wrote:
What postage service do people recommend for sending games to Europe?

Royal Mail's website is quoting me £18 for tracked small parcels, which is +£14 more than an equivalent UK delivery.

I use ParcelMonkey to compare services.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MLBath wrote:
Also, if I accept an offer in €, will I have conversion fees to pay if I later spend it in £?
Most likely. If you receive the money via PayPal, you can opt to not convert it and instead keep it as a balance in the foreign currency. You can then spend it without currency conversion in other webshops that accept the currency, i.e. BGG Marketplace or Gearbest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waggly Bean
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MLBath wrote:
We seem to have a lot of offers for Paypal amounts in Euros. The geeklist/trade rules state:

It's not a big hassle, but I do need to be careful evaluating the many cash offers when they're in two different currencies. I stick a value against each of these and have to watch I don't value a €40 offer at £40.

Is there a general feeling that this rule should be more enforced next time? (Clearly it's ultimately Sharon's call, I just wondered what the general feeling was.)

I noticed those. As I didn't want any hassle with working out new things, I just haven't added any of them to my list. Problem solved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sharon Khan
United Kingdom
Shefford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MLBath wrote:

It's just one user, and they are aware for next time, but it's too late for them to change it for this MathTrade
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |