Popular Tags: [View All]
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
Blue Peg, Pink Peg Gaming Podcast
mbmbmbmbmb
In this week’s episode:

1) The Pegs discuss their recent game plays including Fae, Memoarrr!, Cahoots, and many more;

2) Discuss details of our Mashup Meetup (partly sponosred by Druid City Games and Skybound Games)

3) Review the action selection game Argent: The Constortium; and

4) Revisit Aeon’s End.

https://bluepegpinkpeg.com/2018/06/04/episode-124-argent-the...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Episode 124 Scoring is LIVE:

+1 to Robb for Lyme Disease.

+1 to Patrick for "Goo goo g'joob".

+1 to Robb for Argent needing a bigger box.

+1 to Robb for giving Argent the correct score.

+1 to Patrick for a discussion of John Williams music.

That makes Robb the president of the school of wizardry in my heart. Congratulations!

Leaderboard:

Josh - 2
Jeremy - 1
Robb - 3
Patrick - 2
Christina - 3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rody Burg
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to see ya'll get around to the greatest worker placement that ever was and ever will be. Played with the masks expansion this weekend and just adds ANOTHER action that you can do and are fun enough and don't see any reason to not play with them in all games in the future. Also I suggest playing with the Summer Scenario when teaching new people because it starts with less workers so they don't have as much to overwhelm them with and then you draft another worker every round. (also it is 6 rounds so it takes about the same amount of time as a standard game.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tromidy wrote:
Good to see ya'll get around to the greatest worker placement that ever was and ever will be. Played with the masks expansion this weekend and just adds ANOTHER action that you can do and are fun enough and don't see any reason to not play with them in all games in the future. Also I suggest playing with the Summer Scenario when teaching new people because it starts with less workers so they don't have as much to overwhelm them with and then you draft another worker every round. (also it is 6 rounds so it takes about the same amount of time as a standard game.)

had such a great time, during our play, Had to review it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Cordell
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So stoked to see this game getting reviewed on my favorite podcast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Octavius
Canada
Chilliwack
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately I don't know if I can bring myself to play this one. I've had a very unfortunate interaction with the designer online and found him to be incredibly rude. (I recognize it because he mentioned multiple times in his arguments about why Rising Sun was broken that he designed Argent) Soured me on the whole idea.

Patrick, what's the 1 minute heuristic for card counting? You can't leave us hanging like this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Cordell
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the game and every single expansion sitting comfortably within the base box. Not sure what the beef with that is, all you gotta do is toss the insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Sendero
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I want to know more about “Blood Raging Sun”. Is there any chance that we can get more info? print & Play? Anything? This sounds like a mash-up that my friends and I can really get behind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Kelly
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sendero wrote:
I want to know more about “Blood Raging Sun”. Is there any chance that we can get more info? print & Play? Anything? This sounds like a mash-up that my friends and I can really get behind.

It is my understanding that a PnP version will be posted to BGG. We will happily link to it here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hayashida
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the games not listed:

Cahoots
Red7
Gorus Maximus

Cahoots and the other trick-taking games sounded really interesting to me.

----

You're probably sick of trick-taking games, but there is one that I heard about that you should try out: Sticheln.

I heard about it from Mason on the Five By podcast. It's a German card game, but you can play it with a cheap Rage deck (makers of Uno, about $7/deck). It plays up to 6 with this deck (8 with some of the German versions).

When you start a hand, each player chooses a "pain suit." You get penalized equal to the face value of cards you win of that color. You get +1 point for all other cards you win.

Gameplay is a little different than normal trick-taking games. You don't have to follow suit. Everything except the lead suit is trump.

So if you don't want to win the trick, you have to follow suit. Otherwise, you're hoping that someone doesn't dump high cards of your "pain suit" on you when you're winning a trick. It's a great game, with a bit of take-that. Takes a bit to wrap your head around, but I'd say that it's easier than a lot of the next-generation trick-taking games that have come out recently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chayashida wrote:

You're probably sick of trick-taking games,

no such thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Grants Pass
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rookenoble wrote:
chayashida wrote:

no such thing.

...but I am tired of turning tricks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
voodoochyl wrote:
rookenoble wrote:
chayashida wrote:

no such thing.

...but I am tired of turning tricks.
life decisions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McCallen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So no one thinks Patrick is exaggerating the cuteness of my kitten, here's one Potato.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Kelly
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mooses05 wrote:
So no one thinks Patrick is exaggerating the cuteness of my kitten, here's one Potato.

I told ya so. That cat is so cute it makes my teeth hurt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
La Grange
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
Great episode, pegs!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mooses05 wrote:

+1 to you for putting a smile on my face.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau McDaniel
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heard this episode and had this overwhelming feeling of, man I gotta get this game. Only time it's been that strong a feeling was Mombasa and y'all nailed it there too. So basically if this isn't any good I expect a full refund from Robb lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
if you like variability and worker placement, you will love this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack S
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely happy to hear the love for Argent! It's a fantastic game that's gone over well with my wife and friends; although it can be a beast to teach and setup, but that's the bane of some games that have immense variability.

The designer's other game, Empyreal: Spells & Steam, also in the World of Indines, also a metric ton of variability, finished up on Kickstarter not too long ago, but late pledges should be opening up soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls