Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
Blue Peg, Pink Peg Gaming Podcast
mbmbmbmbmb
We will be revisiting Wasteland Express Delivery Service. What do you think of the game. Remember if you provide your comments below, please also provide your rating. Will pick a few to discuss.

Poll
1. Have you played Wasteland Express Delivery Service?
yes
no, but want to.
no, but would if someone brought out to try.
no and no desire to.
2. What is your BPPP rating of Wasteland Express Delivery Service?
6-game collection essential.
3- average game.
0-the worst.
      156 answers
Poll created by rookenoble
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Edge

Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently I'm intrigued by pick up and deliver (after backing Empyreal: Spells & Steam), so I would play WED. However I also have the grandparent of all pick-ups (Merchant of Venus (second edition)) yet to play. So maybe someday I'll try WED.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Smith
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Way too random and luck dependent, and outstays its welcome by a good hour. Won't be touching this one again.

2 soggy french fries
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kanost
United States
York
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
OH YEAH
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't own a copy of WEDS, but I have a few friends who do and I've gotten to play it twice. I would love to play it more, and wouldn't mind owning a copy. Pick up and deliver is a category that's sorely underrepresented in my collection and gaming experience.

I had a lot of fun both times I played WEDS. I appreciated having a unique player ability or bonus to start the game with, but also liked the fact that it doesn't have to completely determine how you go about pursuing a path to win. The components and art are wonderful, especially the GameTrayz inserts; I wish more publishers would partner with them. The game's variable set up and the different options for public objectives mean that I can see this game getting many plays without feeling stale.

I think the $90 MSRP for the game is pretty reasonable for what you get in terms of game play and components in the box. I wouldn't have spent that much on it without playing it first, but now that I have a couple plays under my belt I'd be willing to pay that if I didn't have pretty easy access to a copy. I'd jump at the chance to buy it at prices in the discounted range of $50-65.

I give Wasteland Express Delivery Service a wholehearted 5 pegs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ackerman
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
The War Against Giygas!
badge
You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas' attack!
mbmbmbmbmb
Outstanding insert and components!!! Would set up and break down, again. 4/6 pegs!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Grants Pass
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a game that should punch me in the meat locker (or whatever that Robbism is). I absolutely love Firefly, and a post-apocalyptic pick up and deliver game would have to be a home run, right? After a couple plays, I'm not really feeling this game. I honestly cannot put my finger on why that is exactly. There are a bunch of good things: components, insert, theme, art, the economy, upgrades, variable starting abilities...I like all that kind of stuff. I just found the game play itself to be alright. Often times with Firefly, I will be flying around, having adventures or getting items and crew, and realize I am not accomplishing anything, but that's fine because I'm immersed and having a great time. Wasteland Express Delivery Service doesn't do that for me, and maybe that's what I'm missing. Maybe it's like Jimmy says, and just ends up being a little too long. I can see myself becoming completely bored with it after a couple more plays, if I get it to the table again. I have so many good games that it may not get another chance. 3/6 pegs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a solid "if someone wanted to play it, I would try it" kinda guy. While I haven't played Wasteland or Firefly, I'm drawn to Firefly because of the great story/show/arc. I included "pick-up and delivery" in my game and there were some early play-testers that didn't like the luck element so we dropped it from the final version, so I definitely understand the critique above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Reroll: Wasteland Express Delivery Service (with polls)n
What can duct tape do for you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Burke (The Chubby Meeple)
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one is - sadly - on my shelf of shame. I've not had a chance to get it to table yet, but can't wait. I'm excited to play this one with my group and really like the look of the game. Obviously, I'm withholding a rating until I play it, but it looks incredibly good. And I love pick up and deliver, as well as the post-apocalyptic theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
msg tools
I remember liking my plays of this game, but sadly, the carrion cosplay must have scared everyone else away. 5 pegs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to play this one so badly, but it's out of my price range, and I'm afraid out of my skill without a good teacher, and no one that I know owns it to do so. I am keeping an eye out to see if its ever available to play somewhere. Hopefully soon, because I think it looks amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Sites
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own this game and have gotten it to table 3 times since acquiring it. I love modular boards and I like that here as it provides the game replayability. I also enjoy the variable player powers. The insert and components are top notch. I feel like the enemies are to simple to defeat and don't provide enough that feeling of despair you have over being attacked or possibly failing an attack. I've enjoyed my plays and would still like to play it some more. I give it 4 out of 6 pegs it's a better than average game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
Blue Peg, Pink Peg Gaming Podcast
mbmbmbmbmb
got em, thanks!

Thumb up