Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
Blue Peg, Pink Peg Gaming Podcast
mbmbmbmbmb
How did my trivia tie into or obscurely link to the episode?

What is a more creative/better link from my trivia to the episode?

Rules for contest are found here:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1964373/season-2-trivia...

Good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve O'Rourke
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Werewolves are human-wolf mashups. Mashup theme throughout the episode (Mashup meetup, Blood Raging Sun, etc.).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Rademaker
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the end of the rules breakdown for Argent: The Consortium was a theme for Harry Potter. In the Prisoner of Azkaban book and movie, Professor Remus Lupin was introduced as a bit of a mentor to Harry. He is found to be a Werewolf, a Lycanthrope, which is what the trivia related to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Vannoy
United States
Shreve
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the link is that Michael Jackson was a werewolf in Thriller and you mentioned him talking about droopy minis. Smooth criminal was a great video not being a huge MJ fan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Robertson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Werwolves can be killed by silver and argent In heraldry, argent is the tincture of silver, and belongs to the class of light tinctures called "metals."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Vannoy
United States
Shreve
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My other entry of course has to deal with Patrick. The recent photos I've seen... I'm not convinced he isn't a werewolf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Selander
United States
Ooltewah
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Argents are the family of werewolf hunters in the MTV series Teen Wolf.

I only know this from Wikipedia.

The main character's first love is Allison Argent, a member of the family.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Matics

Cary
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grithog wrote:

Sure...... that’s got to be the reason! blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Octavius
Canada
Chilliwack
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There were many variations on how to cure lycanthropy, just as there are many variations in how to play Argent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Selander
United States
Ooltewah
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rockstar379 wrote:
grithog wrote:

Sure...... that’s got to be the reason! blush
Ask Robb how he knew it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Smith
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Werewolf comes in a tiny box. Just like Argent comes in a box that is way too tiny.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Comeback
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Werewolves!

The 1992 role-playing game Werewolf: The Apocalypse, from White Wolf, Inc, allows players to take on the role of one of these mythical shapeshifting beings.

The following year, White Wolf released Mage: The Ascension, another role-playing game set in the same world. In Mage, players take on the role of humans who are able to wield reality-warping magicks: Mages!

As featured in both Argent: The Consortium! And Aeon's End! The primary and secondary games covered in this episode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben M
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In describing how to kill or cure Werewolves, you conspicuously omitted the famed silver bullet. And conveniently enough, the reviewed game of the episode was "Argent: The Consortium." The definition of Argent, according to dictionary.com is "silver; silvery white," and even more intriguingly, dictionary.com also cites the example "the argent moon" - which brings it full circle back to werewolves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willie Williams
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When Patrick claims his love of matzoh reminds him of Yom Kippur, the Jewish holiday which requires fasting, I got all ragey in the car... just like a Werewolf!

We all know he meant Passover, he was just creating the link for the trivia!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Kelly
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Willie365 wrote:
When Patrick claims his love of matzoh reminds him of Yom Kippur, the Jewish holiday which requires fasting, I got all ragey in the car... just like a Werewolf!

I was not, but I did mean Passover. Sorry for the error.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Punter
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Argent is a Werewolf in those really well known Grendel comics (I only know this from Google)

or...

Argent the band which was formed by Rod Argent wrote the song "God Gave Rock and Roll to you." This was covered by Kiss for the movie Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey with Keanu Reeves.

Keanu "famously" got his start in Toronto as a gay Werewolf in Wolfboy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hayashida
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the beginning of the episode, the Origins of werewolves were explained. Rob also explained the lengths that people would go to detect lycanthropy, as well as the methods to cure them: wolfsbane, surgery, striking them in the forehead or scalp with a knife, piercing them in the hands with nails, and so on. The podcast was One Week before Origins - the Ultimate game convention. In short, a Werewolf, cured or still afflicted, is still one Tough Mudder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Bennett
United States
Sturgeon Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
This episode was a preview for orgins and what do people like to play at conventions... werewolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Elkins
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the episode Rob talks about his love of slam poetry. The classic movie "So I Married an Axe Murderer" included sessions of beat poetry from the main character, Charlie Mackenzie. One of the noted poems was as follows.

Quote:
Charlie Mackenzie: Woman... woe-man... whoooa-man. She was a thief, you gotta believe, she stole my heart and my cat. Betty, Judy, Josie and those hot Pussycats... they make me horny, Saturday morny... girls of cartoo-ins will leave me in ruins... I want to to be Betty's Barney. Hey Jane... get me off this crazy thing... called love.

Obviously the reference of Josie and the Pussycats provides the connection of half-people and half-animals which brings us full circle to the trivia on werewolves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willie Williams
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pablopk wrote:
Willie365 wrote:

I was not, but I did mean Passover. Sorry for the error.

Work with me here, I'm trying to earn a point...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Alvarez
United States
Sellersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having not read through everyone else's responses, I'd have to guess that it was the music played leading into Argent: The Consortium. That was the theme music from Harry Potter, which in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban it was revealed that Lupin is a werewolf (and Sirius is essentially a were-dog).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Brown
United Kingdom
Coulsdon
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A little late to the party this week.

Hmmm, Argent and Werewolf are both games that revolve around voting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Berent
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't they mention there were werwolves in the Blood Raging Sun mashup?

It also reminds me of Wolfman Jack...similar to how Patrick picks and comments on the bumper music. Most people don't know that, according to author Philip Lieberman, Wolfman Jack's persona "derived from (his) love of horror films and his shenanigans as a 'wolfman' with his two young nephews."

Hmmm...love horror films, and shenanigans...where have I heard that before?

(insert mic drop sound here) whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Selander
United States
Ooltewah
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Turns out, many of us had elements of the right answer. I have studied all the links presented, and found Robb's ingenious hidden puzzle.

Jeff Rademaker noted the link to Professor Remus Lupin, of whom Christina is quite fond. Robb remembers her stating of his dreamy performances, "Remus--no hotter acting!" which is a weird coincidence as it is an anagram of Argent the Consortium.

Phil Robertson noted that argent is the silver tincture used in coats-of-arms, and it turns out that "Tincture go on the Arms" is also an anagram of Argent the Consortium.

Phil Robertson and Ben M both point out that silver can be used to kill werewolves. In olden times, this remedy was remembered in the adage "Argent on, omits the cur." Also, amazingly, an anagram of Argent the Consortium.

And of course, as I have noted previously, Allison Argent was the Teen Wolf's first love. I'm pretty sure she said the line "I, Argent, touch monster" during their first embrace. Weird line, but it happens to be an anagram of Argent the Consortium.

Jimmy Smith discovered the link between the tiny boxes of Werewolf and Argent. I agree--those game boxes have not much inter-storage, which is surely an anagram of Argent the Consortium.

Alex Comeback realized the progression from Werewolf: The Apocalypse to Mage: The Ascension, and now the mages in Argent and Aeon's End. He notes that we have moved on to current mage hits, again, an anagram of Argent the Consortium.

Christopher Hayashida notes that Origins is upcoming, and the Pegs previewed their return to this game Con and [edit:] people’s return to hit Con games like Werewolf. Yep, both anagrams of Argent the Consortium.

Did I get your clever link, Robb??

(edit for punctuation)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
Blue Peg, Pink Peg Gaming Podcast
mbmbmbmbmb
okay winner time.

Phil was the first one to correctly get my link between werewolves and the episode with..

Devarik wrote:
Werwolves can be killed by silver and argent In heraldry, argent is the tincture of silver, and belongs to the class of light tinctures called "metals."

Patrick picked the creative link for this episode...his pick was...

grithog wrote:
Turns out, many of us had elements of the right answer. I have studied all the links presented, and found Robb's ingenious hidden puzzle.

Jeff Rademaker noted the link to Professor Remus Lupin, of whom Christina is quite fond. Robb remembers her stating of his dreamy performances, "Remus--no hotter acting!" which is a weird coincidence as it is an anagram of Argent the Consortium.

Phil Robertson noted that argent is the silver tincture used in coats-of-arms, and it turns out that "Tincture go on the Arms" is also an anagram of Argent the Consortium.

Phil Robertson and Ben M both point out that silver can be used to kill werewolves. In olden times, this remedy was remembered in the adage "Argent on, omits the cur." Also, amazingly, an anagram of Argent the Consortium.

And of course, as I have noted previously, Allison Argent was the Teen Wolf's first love. I'm pretty sure she said the line "I, Argent, touch monster" during their first embrace. Weird line, but it happens to be an anagram of Argent the Consortium.

Jimmy Smith discovered the link between the tiny boxes of Werewolf and Argent. I agree--those game boxes have not much inter-storage, which is surely an anagram of Argent the Consortium.

Alex Comeback realized the progression from Werewolf: The Apocalypse to Mage: The Ascension, and now the mages in Argent and Aeon's End. He notes that we have moved on to current mage hits, again, an anagram of Argent the Consortium.

Christopher Hayashida notes that Origins is upcoming, and the Pegs previewed their return to this game Con and [edit:] people’s return to hit Con games like Werewolf. Yep, both anagrams of Argent the Consortium.

Did I get your clever link, Robb??

(edit for punctuation)

...he is apparently a sucker for anagrams.

congrats to both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls