Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
30 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2  | 

Blue Peg, Pink Peg» Forums » General

Subject: What Are You Playing This Week? June 11th-17th The Origins Edition! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Meghan Naxer
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3. Friday Origins

Friday was lots of walking around and seeing people. Thanks to a Peghead tip, we also got to meet the amazing artist Tina Bongorno and had some sketches done of our cats, SCSI and Pixel. After lunch, it was game time! Started off with Orléans: Invasion with some more pegheads and it was a great time. We were so close to winning too!!! Only short on citizens and money in the end.

(Photo by Barbara Allen.)

Next up was Escape Plan!!! Con Highlight!! I'm a huge Vital Lacerda fangirl, so this was such a treat! From the amazing teach by Paul Grogan, to the lovely gamers I got to meet, to another amazing design by Vital, I was blown away. Exciting, tense, dramatic, and really really thematic. Cannot wait for the Kickstarter—get your pledgefingers ready for July 19th!

The Escape Plan game went over the time I had hoped, so I missed what I'm sure was a great game of Ginkgopolis. So instead, I headed over to the Punchboard Media meetup and got in a large game of Welcome To....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meghan Naxer
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
4. Saturday Origins

Saturday was for playing games and eating yummy food! First up was The Quacks of Quedlinburg and it was an absolute delight! Bag building+push your luck=FTW.

After lunch was a game of Patchistory with some pegheads! It was a brutal game (thanks, Paul!), but also quite fun. What a treat to get to play it!

After dinner (AMAZING pizza at Press Grill), we couldn't walk through the hall again without playing another game! So we stopped by Rio Grande and tried one of the GIPF games we hadn't had a chance to play yet: PÜNCT. It was fantastic and we would have picked it up the next day except they sold out of copies. Onto the wishlist it goes!

And after we got back to our room for the night, we couldn't go to bed without playing another game! So we tried a couple rounds of Kitten Klash, which is super cute.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meghan Naxer
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
5. Sunday Origins

(Photo by AnnaMaria Jackson-Phelps)

Sunday was the day of demos! First up was Carthago: Merchants & Guilds with some Twitter friends and it was fantastic! Can't wait to play more of this one!

Next was the 7 Wonders: Armada expansion, which was really excellent! Already looking forward to adding this to almost every game we play after it comes out. Really impressed!

The last couple games I forgot to grab pictures of. Prowler's Passage was next and it isn't a game for us. I was disappointed, especially after enjoying the designer's other games and enjoying other Renegade titles. I found this one to be drab and dull. Last up in the hall was Century: Eastern Wonders. I was pleasantly surprised, especially after not enjoying Century: Spice Road last year. This was a delightful light euro and I'm looking forward to trying a full game of it later this year. I also completed my normal 100x1 challenge on Sunday! Still gotta work on my hardcore to play every game on the shelf. Speaking of that...

The haul! Some games were from very generous raffle winnings (thank you, BPPP & Punchboard Media!) and some are gifts. This also includes some pre-Origins acquisitions that arrived while we were gone. It was a great Origins and can't wait for next year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
now, Meghan, you should tell everybody that you tried to eat the component

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meghan Naxer
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Professor wrote:
now, Meghan, you should tell everybody that you tried to eat the component

I did. I thought it would be delicious. But the pieces in Reef are not edible. Nope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  |