Zombicide: Green Horde» Forums » General

Subject: Ratz rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering what people’s first impressions with Ratz were?

I’ve painted up the Rat King and the Ratz that come in his little box, and am working on the Fatty Bursters.
I’m thinking about mixing them in to Black Plague (probably taking out the Wolfz) and doing a run through with a party of GH superheroes.

Balance-wise, do people think the Rat-king works best on his own, with just a small entourage of Ratz? Or with all the other Ratz (and their spawn cards) thrown in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignazio Corrao
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Rat King obviously compliments well the Ratz.
I usually add his 6 cards and the full 12 Ratz cards to a standard Black Plague deck; and I don't include any additional zombies, Necromancers, or Abominations, to maximize the effect of the Ratz's special rules.
It results in very tense and fast paced games, which escalates very quickly: the survivors can't ignore the Ratz and have to keep destroying them, which in turn results in even more Ratz chasing them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vail Marston
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I agree the Rat King works best if you play with rat swarms as well. He doesn't really bring in enough rats on his own.

They especially spice up the later quests with barriers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antwan Ragland
msg tools
Chromit90 wrote:
The Rat King obviously compliments well the Ratz.
I usually add his 6 cards and the full 12 Ratz cards to a standard Black Plague deck; and I don't include any additional zombies, Necromancers, or Abominations, to maximize the effect of the Ratz's special rules.
It results in very tense and fast paced games, which escalates very quickly: the survivors can't ignore the Ratz and have to keep destroying them, which in turn results in even more Ratz chasing them.

I do the same except I also add in the Ratbomination because theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.