Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
348 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [14] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: GenCon 2018 No Ship Math Trade (Ends 7/19 9pm EST, Exchange 8/3 8am Union Station:Grand Hall) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Stephenson
United States
Everett
WA - Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GenCon 2018 No Ship Math Trade

1. Trade Results: Thursday 7/19 9pm CST Submissions close Wednesday at midnight. The submission window is always open.

2. After the trade results are posted, make your payments ahead of the event, please no payments at the meetup.

3. The trade exchange is Friday 8/3, 8am at @ Union Station : Grand Hall

4. If you can't make the exchange YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE for contacting and working out an alternative exchange.

If you're ready to go here's the direct link to the trade

Major differences from OLWLG trades

-The submission window is always open.
-You're automatically notified of deleted or edited entries you want.
-You can make direct cash offers on entries
(if you set a minimum value for your listed entries, you also automatically want ALL cash entries anyone may offer of that value or greater in exchange for your item)
-You can see all the current offers on your entries (You can also offer direct trade offers from this offer screen)
-Click all boxes in row/column is built in and doesnt need 3rd party software
-Duplicate protection is a single click.
-You can duplicate protect different unlike listings in two clicks.
-Your results are final when the timer runs out. Results are posted automatically on BGG, geekmail, and email.
-It works on all browsers and devices

Results are automatically posted on BGG at
abecorn results page, you'll also receive a geekmail and email if you have results.

Rules and Guidelines:

d10-1This trade will utilize www.abecorn.com

d10-2You are required to accurately describe the condition of your game. This entails inventorying all parts including inserts. Should you find your game is in lesser condition than you originally listed it. Edit the listing or delete it.

d10-3Unless stated, it will be assumed that your game is the most recent printing. If the primary language is something other than English, this needs to be clearly stated, even if the game is language independent. Please acknowledge questions to all of your listings.

Sample Description:

Condition: 1 corner dented(Photo Below)
Edition: Multilingual 2nd

d10-4 Add sweeteners by typing the name of the game into the sweetener box below the condition information.

d10-5Items that are not in the database but related to gaming or a similar culture are allowed. You amy create your own custom entry for this purpose.

d10-6 If you intend to trade for cash equivalents, you must pay BGG a 3% commission. See Guidelines

d10-7 Do not use a listing for items unless you are offering that listing. For example, do not list a game if you're only offering certain components for that game.

d10-8You are responsible for your listings and the results. Please message users with questions on their listings. Results are monitored, but assumed final when the timer runs out.

Helpful Links:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/287152/math-trades-dummies
https://abecorn.wikispaces.com/home (we're moving this to another service shortly)

Trademax 1.4
ITERATIONS=100
SEED=123456
METRIC=users-trading

Map of location:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Reagan
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Bien!
I also posted a request geeklist. Anyone can add items there that they would like for someone else to offer up.
2018 Gen Con No-Ship Math Trade REQUEST List
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harley Winfrey
United States
Cottage in the Woods
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a heads up, if you are submitting items, watch out for duplicates. I had several of my items show up twice and one even three times. I went through and deleted them as they showed up but it would be easy to miss as you are submitting games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Let Them Eat Cardboard
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only 9 participants in the biggest con math trade? C'mon people...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh C.
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
The Pendragon
mbmbmbmbmb
defeldus wrote:

David, if you're interested in increasing participation in trades at Gen Con, Ben has offered to help you (or anyone else who's interested) set up an OLWLG trade for Gen Con on this thread: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1834834/gen-con-2017-ol...

I would be interested, but I'm not sure yet if I'll make it to Gen Con.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really, money? Why don't we just create a store since most people will be happy to sell and buy new stuff in the Exhibit Hall rather than trade?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DON'T FORGET YOUR EVENT TICKET!

This trade is happening at a Gen Con Seminar event: link here. It is free, but ticketed.

Tickets to be shipped are due to be 'purchased' by Sunday, June 17th, TOMORROW. Add your ticket if you want it shipped with your other events NOW.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean johnson
United States
Edinburgh
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cinnibar wrote:
Really, money? Why don't we just create a store since most people will be happy to sell and buy new stuff in the Exhibit Hall rather than trade?

Even if the trade program allows the offering of cash, I am fairly certain that Gen Con does not. trading money for a game is essentially a sell transaction and I really think that selling items at an event is prohibited by Gen Con rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Everett
WA - Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SeanXor wrote:
Cinnibar wrote:

Even if the trade program allows the offering of cash, I am fairly certain that Gen Con does not. trading money for a game is essentially a sell transaction and I really think that selling items at an event is prohibited by Gen Con rules.

This event isn't selling anything at the exchange. All the results are known 2 weeks before the event. All monetary transactions should be worked out ahead of the event, per the rules of the event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bien wrote:
SeanXor wrote:
Cinnibar wrote:

This event isn't selling anything at the exchange. All the results are known 2 weeks before the event. All monetary transactions should be worked out ahead of the event, per the rules of the event.

Now here be very very sure, you have the actual transaction happening at this Gen Con event, even if other transactions occur elsewhere. Hopefully you are on safe legal ground and not just hoping you can game the system by separating the transactions in time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
This isn’t any different from past Gen Con math trades, either OLWLG or Abecorn. The Abecorn UI makes it easier to offer and want cash without the Outside of Scope business required by the OLWLG method, but either way your cash offer gets added into the trade maximized just like anything else. Gen Con was very clear last year that cash can not be exchanged at the Math trade meetup. So if you follow the rules of the trade and finish your cash transfers outside of the convention, you’re fine. If you come with a bunch of envelopes of cash, you risk getting Bien in trouble and eliminating the possibility of math trades in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In that case, best update the trade rules in the description at abecorn from "please work out payments ahead of the meet if possible." to add that "no payments can be accepted at the meetup".

We're gamers, spelling out the rules is a good thing to avoid 'clever strategies', as well as give cover that if anything does occur, it wasn't sanctioned by the meetup. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Reagan
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
defeldus wrote:

We are at 14 now. I expect the sign-ups will increase now that Origins is over.

Everyone please be sure to thumb the related forums and GeekLists to let others know this is active.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Moore
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just added a number of games to abecorn. Good luck everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Hopkins
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Links do not work in IE. Have to go to Chrome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crimson Fox
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cinnibar wrote:
DON'T FORGET YOUR EVENT TICKET!

This trade is happening at a Gen Con Seminar event: link here. It is free, but ticketed.

Tickets to be shipped are due to be 'purchased' by Sunday, June 17th, TOMORROW. Add your ticket if you want it shipped with your other events NOW.

Good luck!

lol

so you finally decided to play by the rules eh?

see? it wasn't so hard! and you have the whole big awesome room to yourself!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crimson Fox
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
can someone give a basic tutorial about how this tool works...just like what are the basic things we have to do (details please on clicks)

I'm trying but can't even figure out how to add an item even with an ADD ITEM button there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crimson Fox
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
also is there a way to edit an image? Some of these items in the DB don't have images and I want to put one in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron R
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CrimsonFox wrote:
also is there a way to edit an image? Some of these items in the DB don't have images and I want to put one in.

A good place to start is the tutorial at http://abecorn.wikispaces.com/ Also things are much easier if you mark your items as "for trade" in BGG and then sync Abecorn with your BGG profile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crimson Fox
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AaronR wrote:
CrimsonFox wrote:

A good place to start is the tutorial at http://abecorn.wikispaces.com/ Also things are much easier if you mark your items as "for trade" in BGG and then sync Abecorn with your BGG profile.

i did do the pull thing but that doesn't seem like it added to the trade. Not that i wanted it to. It seems this tool is more than just the trade, it wants to store all my bgg items in general.

I did find the other + sign button i had to click after i clicked the add items button.

Also you have to add the image every time...either when you first create the item or when you edit it later...it's the camera icon at the very bottom. It lets you use the default image if there is one, or upload an image or use the URL image.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron R
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It takes a while for your collection to sync. When you click "Add Items" click the drop down that says "All Items" and select "For Trade" instead. It should then list all of the items that you synced that were marked for trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crimson Fox
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it crashed or something maybe...

at least i can't seem to fill out the fields some of the time. Maybe a complete relogin will help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron R
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CrimsonFox wrote:

at least i can't seem to fill out the fields some of the time. Maybe a complete relogin will help

Try another browser. I know I have had issues with the site preferring one browser over another. Right now it is working for me on Chrome (Version 67.0.3396.87)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crimson Fox
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AaronR wrote:
CrimsonFox wrote:

Try another browser. I know I have had issues with the site preferring one browser over another. Right now it is working for me on Chrome (Version 67.0.3396.87)

i guess it timed out. Yes i use chrome. Once I restarted, it did the same thing....wouldn't let me fill in a price. I guess after i filled in the description box and went to the bottom it worked. NOt sure what did it. WOrks now.

It seems tempermental. Definite learning curve here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Everett
WA - Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CrimsonFox wrote:
AaronR wrote:
CrimsonFox wrote:

i guess it timed out. Yes i use chrome. Once I restarted, it did the same thing....wouldn't let me fill in a price. I guess after i filled in the description box and went to the bottom it worked. NOt sure what did it. WOrks now.

It seems tempermental. Definite learning curve here.

Yes, there was some lag generated between adding one game to the next. If you starting putting in condition/price info, it may have cleared it while it loaded. We just pushed out an update that should fix that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [14] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.