Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Liles
United States
Valparaiso
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a great week with many math trades coming into the house and a continuation of a Father's Day marathon. That said we have played:

Biblios
Altiplano
Eminent Domain
Istanbul
Alien Artifacts
Takenoko
Scythe
Voyages of Marco Polo
Azul
Quarto
Quirkle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Klipfel
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Professor wrote:
...and the update...

I got Splendor to the table again and lost by one point to my girlfriend who only learned the game recently and it was her second play of it. Also, we played Villages of Valeria...great little game and plays in well under an hour but is thinky enough to get the gray matter ging but fun enough to teach someone new o the hobby. Also, art by the The Miko (Raiders of the North Sea, as well) is always a plus. Oh, yeah, she one that game, as well

Also, had a great time teaching Concordia to Jennifer Stearns! I do need to remind folks of the importance of Minerva cards blush

Splendor is one of my most played games. Mainly because my wife enjoys it. Azul has also been a fantastic game for us. Wondering if you have tried the expansion for Splendor, and if so your thoughts with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Klipfel
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a fantastic time playing Flick 'em Up! last night. I have not played this for over a year but decided to try it again when my daughter and I were looking for a game.

It was nice to mix in a game that we didn't have to think a lot about. Made me consider if I should get the expansion that had horses in it... hmmm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meghan Naxer
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had one more game day yesterday while Paul was still out backpacking. We played Ancient Artifacts, which lasted a tad too long for tastes, High Society, which is great, but will be even better with 4+ players, and Kanagawa, which I'm still enjoying quite a bit! After Paul got home we got in two 2-player games: The Lost Expedition and won on normal difficulty!!! Only barely, but we made it! And Hey, That's My Fish! for some more 10x10 progress.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Windship2Mars wrote:
The Professor wrote:
...and the update...

I got Splendor to the table again and lost by one point to my girlfriend who only learned the game recently and it was her second play of it. Also, we played Villages of Valeria...great little game and plays in well under an hour but is thinky enough to get the gray matter ging but fun enough to teach someone new o the hobby. Also, art by the The Miko (Raiders of the North Sea, as well) is always a plus. Oh, yeah, she one that game, as well

Also, had a great time teaching Concordia to Jennifer Stearns! I do need to remind folks of the importance of Minerva cards blush

Splendor is one of my most played games. Mainly because my wife enjoys it. Azul has also been a fantastic game for us. Wondering if you have tried the expansion for Splendor, and if so your thoughts with it.

Douglas,

I've not yet picked the expansion, yet...primarily for two reasons:

1. Everywhere I've found it's beyond what I want to spend
2. I'm still teaching this game to people so I know that I have 20+ games before I check out the expansion with any serious intent

Cheers,
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachelle Gordon
United States
PA - Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't think I would get to, but was able to squeak in two games last night after dropping my daughter off at camp. First we played This War of Mine: The Board Game. I think this has got to be the hardest cooperative I have ever played. We made it to the 2nd event in Chapter 2 before all our characters perished. That's the farthest I have gotten in the handful of times I have played it. Has anyone made it to the end?

After that I snuck in a game of Merlin. It played extremely quick with just 2 players, almost didn't seem worth the set up time. I like this one much better at 4 players.

Next weekend is a game group weekend so I should get more plays in. It was tough not getting many games in this week after all the plays at Origins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Stearns
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Professor wrote:

No worries Joe! I realized my own mistake about two turns from the end, but couldn't fix it at that point. I now know for next time!

We had an epic game day on Saturday. Kicked it off with a play of Welcome To..., which was a big hit! Followed that up with two plays of Visitor in Blackwood Grove, where we found the missing Munchkin cards from the Hampton at Origins! Continued on with plays of High Society and Gold Fever, which I won from the Pegs raffle at Origins! Next up was Pioneer Days, Coimbra, and Rising 5: Runes of Asteros, all were great, but I love Coimbra the most! Finished up the night with a game of Signorie, which we didn't quite finish because the other table ended their game and it was late, so we decided to give the host a break and call it a night! A very successful game day and so many of our Origins favorites made it to the table!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  |