Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
61 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: Last of the Independence - (OLWLG US Shipping Wargames Focused Math Trade) [DISCUSSION] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
This is where you can discuss the "Last of the Independence" Wargames-Focused Math Trade.

All rules governing the trade are located in the Math Trade Geeklist Header. By participating in the trade, you agree to those rules. Thanks!

Dates
- Submissions close: Thursday July 5, 2018, 11:00 PM EDT
- Wants due: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 07:00 AM EDT
- Results posted: Shortly Thereafter

Math Trade Geeklist: [OFFICIAL] Last of the Independence - (OLWLG US Shipping Wargames Focused Math Trade)
Request Geeklist: Last of the Independence - (OLWLG US Shipping Wargames Focused Math Trade) [REQUESTS]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
In case you already stopped by, I have altered the final time for wants to Wednesday the 11th. Normally I like to do Sunday, but would have had the submissions due on the Wednesday the 4th. As that's Independence Day, I didn't want it on a holiday. However, some may take vacation and long (really long) weekends too. So wanted to get some time after the weekend for wants (especially with two weeks of submissions). It would have been Tuesday night, but I have to be up early on Wednesday, so it's easier to just do it this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Crawford
United States
Pacifica
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope you're not just Pretending.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Hansen
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hot damn, we're back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
wtjBatman wrote:
we're back.

Feel free to share on any (ahem) Geeklists you manage
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Koff
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my "What's Next?" blog.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gatchaman wrote:
I hope you're not just Pretending.

Hope this list is Packed! The Wait is killing me, I'll be checking it Day After Day before I Go To Sleep looking for it to Show Me that one Precious title. As for the games I'll be listing, Don't Get Me Wrong, for some of them there's a Thin Line Between Love and Hate, others I might want to play One More Time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Paladin
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that you said NO BOOKs, but wanted to request confirmation (as I think that the items below might conform to the spirit of the MT -- even if the current rules do seem to prohibit them).

Is this book truly disallowed?
Tide of Iron: Designer Series Vol. 1

What about books like these that are still books but related to boardgaming and have a military aspect?

Or even a military-themed book (but one that is not directly related to boardgames) such as

Finally, since you do specifically allow accessories, I am assuming that items such as these are totally legit...

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/201721/item/4382303#item4...

and

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/201721/item/4382222#item4...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Paladin
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And also what about magainzes such as
The General? Technically, most of the issues do not contain a game, but rather articles about games (and associated historical information upon which games are based).

Are those prohibited? I understand that interest might be low, but I am guessing that it might not be zero?

Thanks for your rulings/guidance on borderline items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
The Tide of Iron "book" is allowed, just like an RPG manual would be allowed. If it has a BGG (RPGG) entry then it's cool.

The other military focused books are not allowed.

Magazines if they don't contain a game would not be allowed, but can be added to another item as a sweetener.

Thanks for checking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Crawford
United States
Pacifica
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I used to check that book out from the library! In high school or junior high, I think...

It came with a game inside but I don't remember anything about it other than it's where I learned the word "wadi". (Not trying to dispute it's status in the trade, I'm just commenting on the one or two things I remember from the book.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reuben Lam
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New to MT and trying to test what this math trading is all about

When I first logged in, I saw a list in OLWLG list that matched the BGG Geeklist list when I went into the OLWLG tool. Now I don't see anything when I go to Step 3:

Assume this is because the list isn't closed and want list is not open yet. Is that correct?

To look at what is currently on the list. I need to look at the BGG Geeklist. Then when the want list is open I can select games I want to trade for.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
fuzynblue wrote:
New to MT and trying to test what this math trading is all about

When I first logged in, I saw a list in OLWLG list that matched the BGG Geeklist list when I went into the OLWLG tool. Now I don't see anything when I go to Step 3:

Assume this is because the list isn't closed and want list is not open yet. Is that correct?

To look at what is currently on the list. I need to look at the BGG Geeklist. Then when the want list is open I can select games I want to trade for.

Thanks.

no... that should show them... the last resync failed, so I'm trying again... Apparently it wipes the old data as the first step and then tries to reload... so if the load fails, it's empty.

EDIT: Worked this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reuben Lam
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. It's working. Thanks. I thought I was doing something wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John James
United States
Waterbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Step 3" will show you new entry's, you have to find the line at the top: "You are only viewing new items added since you last viewed this page. If you would like to view the entire list click here"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
Doomsword wrote:
"Step 3" will show you new entry's, you have to find the line at the top: "You are only viewing new items added since you last viewed this page. If you would like to view the entire list click here"

As noted this was showing NO entries. The import had failed. All working now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis M
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I enter a PnP copy of An Infamous Traffic into this math trade? I didn't see anything specifically about allowing or disallowing it so I figured I'd check. It's not a professionally printed edition but is laser printed labels backed onto chipboard and includes everything needed to play.

Obviously I'd make it clear of what it was and include some pictures of the general condition of the build.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
tineyeit wrote:
Can I enter a PnP copy of An Infamous Traffic into this math trade? I didn't see anything specifically about allowing or disallowing it so I figured I'd check. It's not a professionally printed edition but is laser printed labels backed onto chipboard and includes everything needed to play.

Obviously I'd make it clear of what it was and include some pictures of the general condition of the build.

Thanks!

If it’s a legal copy sure. Just be clear in the description

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Nicely
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the trade, Kevin.

I added 2 non-wargame science fiction boardgames since my wargame collection has gotten down to those I'm not trading or selling. Not that much left to trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Seneru
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
How about PC games, fantasy and straight wargame, 'Strictly' as sweeteners?

OK, or NoGo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
streamliner wrote:
How about PC games, fantasy and straight wargame, 'Strictly' as sweeteners?

OK, or NoGo?

No go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reuben Lam
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you remove dupe protection.... or how do I recover this situation?

There were two copies of The Civil War (GMT). I set duplicate protection on. Great... okay now one of those copies was just deleted. And is still showing on the want list... but without a description. Do I remove dupe list check marks and just put my check marks on the listed line, leave things as they are, and/or do I need to delete the dupe ghost item somehow?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Perry
United States
Newtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have seen a few games that aren't your typical Wargame offers in this list. Is that OK? I don't want to be "that guy" and list some games that aren't typically of interest to the Wargamer crowd if that's not kosher....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkP1981 wrote:
I have seen a few games that aren't your typical Wargame offers in this list. Is that OK? I don't want to be "that guy" and list some games that aren't typically of interest to the Wargamer crowd if that's not kosher....

Yes, it’s in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
Last call for submissions. Locking down in about 20 when I get to my computer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
Open for Wants List Submissions. When we reach 50% submitted, I'll do a trial run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.