Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: france [+] flgs [+] [View All]
Eddie B
United States
Unspecified
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
I am going to Paris in a few weeks. Are there any good boardgame shops in the city? I am staying close to the Notre Dame and I am not planning on traveling a lot so it needs to be somewhat close by.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
There are several Jeux Descartes locations in Paris. The closest one to you will probably be the one on Rue d'Ecoles. It's been a while since I've been to Paris so I hesitate to list other stores since they may not be there any longer - I suggest doing what I did, which is to look up "jeux" and "joeuts" in the phone book and see which stores look interesting and close by.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/120302

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Fleischman
United States
Lemont
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Oya Cafe

25 rue de la Reine Blanche (Les Goblins stop on the Metro). It's also within walking distance of Notre Dame, maybe a mile or two. What's great about this place is that you can rent games to play there for 5 Euros. I think they take that off the price if you decide to buy the game. They serve light beverages. The owner has his personal game collection stacked atop the shelves of the new, for-sale games. The first time I went there 4 years ago his collection games weren't for sale. I went there earlier this summer and he said he would sell them. They have no prices so I paid what he asked which was reasonable. Unfortunately suit case allowances and a certain budget wouldn't let me get all that I wanted. I did pick up a couple of wooden box games from Abacusspiele.

There's a large assortment of new games, mainly German games and the prices are retail. I strongly urge a visit, but beware that it is a little hard to find being just off the major street.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls