Hide
10 Posts

Kemet: Seth» Forums » General

Subject: Recommended number of players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam
msg tools
What I want to know the most is this: what number of players is the most fun, exciting and/or balanced?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Montiage
France
flag msg tools
designer
Hello

We have designed this expansion so that it is playable from 3 to 6 players.
That is to say that Seth will confront 2, 3, 4 or 5 players (constituting the alliance).
We have specific setup depending on the number of players.

For me, the most funny configuration is certainly Seth vs 5 players, because of the discussions between members of the alliance.
It's certainly easier to have a commun strategy between two players than between 5.
But I guess it depends on the players

Guillaume
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
oh no ...
is this expansion dead for 2P?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BARIOT Jacques
France
strasbourg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Hi Mooken,

The concept of this expansion is « 1 vs all » (Seth vs the alliance).

The players of the alliance need to combine their actions, discuss of their strategy, combine their powers,...

So, yes, this expansion is designed for at least 2 players vs a strong one : Seth.

Have fun playing games

Jacques.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the reply, Jacques.

Did any play testers try playing 1v1, with the "alliance" player controlling 2 armies/factions?

Typically on other games, the player controlling 2 armies would have a slight advantage (compared to 2 separate players that need to compromise and coordinate). Are there any feedback from testers on this approach?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Montiage
France
flag msg tools
designer
In fact, we never tried to play that way. And we never asked any of our testers to play that way either.

Technically, it is of course possible but you are probably right : the player controlling 2 armies would have advantage because :
1- Seth will loose all the strategic discussions between 2 players playing the alliance
2- When the alliance is played by 2 different people, they don't know which ID cards were distributed. It won't be the case if the alliance is played by 1 unique player.
3- The coordination is more difficult between several players than between a unique player. Ok, maybe not always, but quite often

Guillaume
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgames4K YouTube Channel
United Kingdom
portsmouth
hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Gui11aume wrote:
Hello

We have designed this expansion so that it is playable from 3 to 6 players.
That is to say that Seth will confront 2, 3, 4 or 5 players (constituting the alliance).
We have specific setup depending on the number of players.

For me, the most funny configuration is certainly Seth vs 5 players, because of the discussions between members of the alliance.
It's certainly easier to have a commun strategy between two players than between 5.
But I guess it depends on the players

Guillaume

Can you play with 6 players in standard model all Vs all?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua C
United States
Grove City
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

This is played on the standard Kemet maps. Since there is no 6th city, it is impossible to play with 6 players in a standard all-vs-all game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Montiage
France
flag msg tools
designer
szchifo wrote:

This expansion is not designed this way.
Technically, I think it is possible to use Seth's city for a "classic" 6th player, but the board will be unbalanced.

Guillaume
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgames4K YouTube Channel
United Kingdom
portsmouth
hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
That's a real shame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.