Hide
3 Posts

Kemet: Seth» Forums » General

Subject: Victory conditions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Germany
flag msg tools
I wonder what change are done to the victory conditions, since the base game of "Kemet" is a race where the first player who reaches X points is the winner?

One additional small question: It is often stated, that Kemet is not an easy game for beginners and that the experienced players have a huge advantage. Does this expansion mitigate this somehow? I imagine that experienced players either could play Seth or play together with beginners against Seth. And how prone would it be to quarterbacking? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Montiage
France
flag msg tools
designer
Hi

Since we’re going to post the rules very soon, I won’t describe victory conditions in detail.
But what I can tell you is that Seth has a very simple victory condition: have 8 combat victory points. Simple.
The alliance’s victory conditions are less simple to explain. In fact, the alliance has 3 victory conditions to accomplish : build a sacred temple in the desert, realize the great ceremony and get 6 permanent victory points. You will be able to read all the victory conditions details in the rules.

It’s kind of difficult to correctly answer your second question : it depends so much on the players.
What I can suggest is that if your group is composed of experienced players and beginners, the best way to begin is to have one experienced player playing Seth and at least another experienced player joining the alliance. If you have only one experienced player, my advice is to let him play with the alliance. Since I guess he would strongly want to play Seth

If Seth is a player too good or talented, you can raise his victory condition up to 10 VP (that’s what we suggest in the rules).

Iceskaarj wrote:
And how prone would it be to quarterbacking? whistle

Sorry, I don't get it blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
France
Bordeaux
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gui11aume wrote:

Iceskaarj wrote:
And how prone would it be to quarterbacking? whistle

Sorry, I don't get it blush

I've played and the risk of having one player take control of all the other members of the alliance is not zero but really goes against the game.

Even if one player was indeed trying to direct every other member of the alliance, there are combats between the players (forced by Seth) and those at least need to be played independently.

Then, that one player would then have to think about way too many options and would slow down the game drastically so in my mind it is unlikely to have full quarterbacking. I played tested Kemet many years ago so I'm very comfortable with the game, still the task is daunting. The alliance needs many brains to work at its optimum.

Finally the Alpha player in the Alliance is misplaced anyway he or she should play Seth and prove that the others are not as Godly as Seth!

Hope this helps,
Arnaud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.