BARIOT Jacques
France
strasbourg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Hi

i propose to gather all your questions about the rules here.

Have fun playing

Jacques
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Kuzma
msg tools
Jacques,

The previews for this expansion look great! Can't wait to get a copy. Quick question, can the purple tiles be used in a standard game of Kemet, or are the tile abilities specific to the Seth variant?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BARIOT Jacques
France
strasbourg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Hi Alex,

First, it's a pleasure to read that you're impatient to play this expansion.
Thank you

The Seth power tiles are specific to this expansion.

As you may have read it, the Seth player will have to fight against a community of players, from two to five.

So Guillaume and me had to adapt its powers to this configuration.

We didn't try to include it in a classic Kemet game but we can imagine that's the power tiles would be overpowered.
But maybe it's worth thinking about a variant

Furthermore, the box will contain only one purple pyramid.

Hope I'm clear.

Have fun playing it

Jacques

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orion Harrison
United States
Glens Falls
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adso_de_melk wrote:

But maybe it's worth thinking about a variant

THIS!!!! I've read through the rule book of Seth, and all I could think of was "I don't think my friends would ever want to play this." Kemet is my absolute favorite game of all time and I love the modular expansion that Ta-Seti was. The rulebook for Ta-seti seemed overcomplicated compared to the very thin and streamlined rulebook of the original Kemet game.

I love Kemet and I think even without Ta-Seti, it would've been a long time before I had ever "run out" of desire to play it. I just want to add more ways to add life to Kemet, not play something that is completely different from the Kemet I know.

I would love it if there were variants to the rulebook already published that made this either fully cooperative (some sort of Automa for Seth) or (preferably) a way to keep the game fully competitive and allow all players to access the new powers somehow.

Here are a couple recommendations:
1) Make the "Seth" deity work for whomever wins his favor. Maybe players can play king-of-the-hill for a specific spot on the map (Seth's city) and whomever controls it gets to act as Seth until someone takes it. Sort of like King of Tokyo. Or maybe at each Dawn Phase, there is a bidding round, and whomever wins the bid (sacrificing prayer points or maybe victory points or maybe troops) gets to take the power of Seth for that full Day Phase and use it to accumulate as many permanent VP as he/she can.
2) Make just the Purple Tiles available to all players. You already have a rule that says any player can purchase one if certain conditions are met, namely having three pyramids of the appropriate level. Just flesh that out a little and make it a variant to allow the purple tiles in the base game. It looks like there are some level-1 power tiles that refer specifically to Seth abilities, but levels 2-4 seem to be pretty neutral. So maybe just a variant that says you can buy levels 2-4 and level 1 tiles will be unavailable. This would prevent anyone from gaining a purple tile in the first round. Or, maybe just call them levels 1-3 and they cost more (level "1" costs 2 prayer points but you still just need 3 level-1 pyramids to buy it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cristi Resser
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
Totally agree with Orion

A variant will be excellent, I love Kemet it is one of my favorite games. But this one vs all is not one of my favorite mechanics for me.

Lets start with the questions:
1. "Each player chooses, without paying the cost, a non-purple level 1 power tile" does this mean that in a 5 player game two players will remain without tiles, it seems like a big disadvantage for those players
2. I do not see any mention to the c3k creatures in the rules or player aid, does this mean that the expansion is not compatible with those, because I love c3k
3. When using Furios invasion action can you move two troops to the same location, it is nothing specified in the rules
4. Corrupt a creature, after you use this action it is specified that you discard the card, does this mean that you cannot corrupt that creature again? What happens if all the cards are discarded ?
5. I do not see any difference between when changing number of players, I mean what is the difference between 1 vs 3 and 1 vs 5 (the only thing that I found is that seth player gets some additional pp) I seems a big advantage for seth with smaller numbers of allied players
6. Will there be any promo tiles like we get to the Ta-Seti expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BARIOT Jacques
France
strasbourg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
varusniper wrote:
Totally agree with Orion

A variant will be excellent, I love Kemet it is one of my favorite games. But this one vs all is not one of my favorite mechanics for me.

Thanks. Don't hesitate to propose variant. I'il try to think about a way to adapt the game (without commit myself too much )

Quote:
Lets start with the questions:
1. "Each player chooses, without paying the cost, a non-purple level 1 power tile" does this mean that in a 5 player game two players will remain without tiles, it seems like a big disadvantage for those players

Each player takes a power, corresponding to its pyramid initial choice. Two players can choose to take the same power (for example, “charge”) but the effects won’t cumulate if they gather their units in a same troop.

Quote:
2. I do not see any mention to the c3k creatures in the rules or player aid, does this mean that the expansion is not compatible with those, because I love c3k

You can use C3K cards but we must confess that we didn’t playtested the balance of these very specific power for the Seth expansion.

Quote:
3. When using Furios invasion action can you move two troops to the same location, it is nothing specified in the rules

When moving, you must respect the maximum unit rules for a troop. So, if the number of unit in the 2 Seth’s troops is lower than or equal to 6, you can move on a same location. Otherwhise, it’s not possible.

Quote:
4. Corrupt a creature, after you use this action it is specified that you discard the card, does this mean that you cannot corrupt that creature again?

Yes

Quote:
What happens if all the cards are discarded ?

You cannot corrupt creatures for the rest of the game. It will be extremely rare.

Quote:
5. I do not see any difference between when changing number of players, I mean what is the difference between 1 vs 3 and 1 vs 5 (the only thing that I found is that seth player gets some additional pp) I seems a big advantage for seth with smaller numbers of allied players

The number of action that the Seth player can manage in each day phase and the number of PP he earns in each night phase.

Quote:
6. Will there be any promo tiles like we get to the Ta-Seti expansion?

Too early to answer and it also depends on the publisher will.

Hope i'm clear

Have fun playing

Jacques

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cristi Resser
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
Hi Jacques

Thanks for the answer, really clarified a lot. I think it made the game even better now.

I will think for the variants and post here some ideas, even if you cannot add those maybe you can use it for future expansion.

First I'll post something that you can use with seth expansion pieces from the box.

Kind regards
Cristi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Dingle
msg tools
Is the Ta-Seti expansion required to play seth?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BARIOT Jacques
France
strasbourg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
dingledanglesoup wrote:
Is the Ta-Seti expansion required to play seth?

No. Possible but not required.

Have fun playing

Jacques
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arian Farivar
Iceland
flag msg tools
Hello, I'm having a problem in setting up the board when you are playing 2 v Seth you will use the 2 player side of the board with only half of the map correct?
and in a 3 v Seth again only half of the board but the other side?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
France
Bordeaux
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
arianf65 wrote:
Hello, I'm having a problem in setting up the board when you are playing 2 v Seth you will use the 2 player side of the board with only half of the map correct?
and in a 3 v Seth again only half of the board but the other side?

Hello,

That is possible but not necesary, you should always play with the whole map since the Alliance then gets more options to spread if that is their strategy.

Thank you,
Arnaud.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls