Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
Blue Peg, Pink Peg Gaming Podcast
mbmbmbmbmb
trying to make an effort to play the rerolls more often, C and I broke out Lorenzo tonight, need to try the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Weekend update: Managed to get in a few games - taught my 9yo daughter Welcome to Dino World, which she enjoyed and managed to beat me by just 6 points! I also played two games of Euphoria: Build a Better Dystopia, playtesting the solo automa; that's playing very nicely now (I'm still losing to the automas most of the time, hehehe).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Weekend update: Taught the AirB&B hostess Azul and also taught Azul to my daughter while visiting her back in Philly!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Stearns
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saturday was game day at a friend's house with some seasoned and new gamers. So we broke out some lighter stuff at one of the tables. I got in plays of The Mind, The Game, 13 Clues, Nut So Fast, Carthage, and City of Horror. Carthage surprised me because the art didn't grab me, so I never would have thought to try this. Also, fighting mechanics are not really my thing typically, however I did have fun with this one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rody Burg
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last weekend I played a 6 hour game of 1846 and boy howdy was it pretty damn fun. It was much better than my first run in with 18XX where it was a bunch of people who played it dozens of times and was played more around me than with me. Most people were new to 18xx and it was an incredibly enjoyable experience. Followed that up with some 6 nimmt then turned that deck into a The Mind deck and had a blast. Always good to get reinvigorated about my main hobbo.

Also played Consentacle, but probably is not ideal to play with someone you don't mind being a little sexy with. Pretty basic game, but happy to have it just for the cool art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
La Grange
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
Preparing for our trip to Newfoundland meant not a lot of gaming for me this week. Played case 9 of Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective: The Thames Murders & Other Cases. One more and then we need to buy the next box of it.

Took Castellion off the shelf of opportunity and played 6 games with no wins yet. cry

My mother in law came in on Wednesday to watch the kids so we could get ready for our trip to Newfoundland. We played Harry Potter: Hogwarts Battle and lost game 5 again, but we got REALLY close to winning. I don't care what other people say, 4 player is the hardest way to play that game. Also played a frustrating game of Mysterium in which we could NOT get in touch with the ghost's clues.

Left for our trip to Newfoundland and played Friday twice on the plane, losing both games.

On Friday, we visited Mochanopoly, a game cafe on Water Street in St. John's (the biggest city in Newfoundland), where my wife and I played Elder Sign and Tsuro. A very nice place!

While on vacation, I visited four game shops in addition to that game cafe. I picked up a copy of Kokoro: Avenue of the Kodama and a hard-to-find OOP Agricola: Farmers of the Moor for retail (less than half what I'd pay on Amazon right now). Was tempted to buy more, but air travel restricted my purchases.

I wrote up my game shop experience in more detail here:
A windy city resident visits the windy rock (a quick impression of 4 game stores in the St. John's area)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Grants Pass
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SUPER late to this thread, but I got to play a lot of Arcadia Quest. I really like it. I'm used to co-op dungeon crawlers, but I enjoy this "everyone out for themselves" kind of thing. My opponents are masterful at rolling powerful attacks or shields when they are rolling for monsters. I found myself using the phrase, "This is total bu77$hit!!!" about a million times, but it was fun. There is no way I am winning our campaign (we have played 4/6 games), so I feel I have the power to relax the next two games and just wreck people's day. Muahahahaha!!! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  |