Subject: Language edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Francesco Simionato
Italy
Mestre
Venezia
flag msg tools
Will there be an italian language edition of this expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
France
Bordeaux
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elgard wrote:
Will there be an italian language edition of this expansion?

At this stage it is not guaranteed as I understand our historical partner is not continuing its support to that line. That required a bit of clean-up. Now, we have good hope that there will be a new partner soon for the Kemet series in Italian.

Matagot is committed to Kemet and the scale and ambition of Seth should help make sure that much is clear. We especially love our XL games, the best known maybe of our “Experts” Line, from Cyclades to Inis and of course Kemet. Making worthy content takes a lot of time which nowadays can mean that we look slow, but it is critical for us to do things right.

We continue to search for the most suitable partners in Italy for each one of our games, especially Kemet.

Have fun playing,
Arnaud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Brennecke
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mb
and what is about a german edition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
France
Bordeaux
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gordon_II wrote:

Not planned yet, could be made in the future though, but not at the first edition stage. We keep looking for solutions though.

Have fun playing,
Arnaud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spieler Gott
Germany
flag msg tools
Das ist ein ÜberBadge.
badge
My Top Games: Titans, Inis, Kemet, Adrenalin, Die Fürsten von Catan, Five Tribes, Kingdom Builder, Crokinole, Colt Express
mbmbmbmbmb
arnaud4matagot wrote:
gordon_II wrote:

Not planned yet, could be made in the future though, but not at the first edition stage. We keep looking for solutions though.

Have fun playing,
Arnaud.

I don't get. All Cyclades and Kemet base games and expansions have been multilingual. Why not Seth?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
France
Bordeaux
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kackarschen wrote:
arnaud4matagot wrote:
gordon_II wrote:

Have fun playing,
Arnaud.

I don't get. All Cyclades and Kemet base games and expansions have been multilingual. Why not Seth?

Hello,

Actually older versions have been multilingual, but as sales have been very disappointing in Germany that stopped completely for Cyclades and largely that is valid for Kemet as well. Cost of translating, proofreading and printing extra rules on large print runs was just too high Vs sales. We have concluded that to be truly successful in Germany the games needed a fully engaged German partner. The same has been true for another very successful game: Room 25 and we recently got a partner for this gem! So we do not abandon hope!

Such awesome games should find their way to Germany eventually in German!

Have fun playing,
Arnaud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spieler Gott
Germany
flag msg tools
Das ist ein ÜberBadge.
badge
My Top Games: Titans, Inis, Kemet, Adrenalin, Die Fürsten von Catan, Five Tribes, Kingdom Builder, Crokinole, Colt Express
mbmbmbmbmb
arnaud4matagot wrote:
kackarschen wrote:
arnaud4matagot wrote:
gordon_II wrote:

Have fun playing,
Arnaud.

Hello,

Actually older versions have been multilingual, but as sales have been very disappointing in Germany that stopped completely for Cyclades and largely that is valid for Kemet as well. Cost of translating, proofreading and printing extra rules on large print runs was just too high Vs sales. We have concluded that to be truly successful in Germany the games needed a fully engaged German partner. The same has been true for another very successful game: Room 25 and we recently got a partner for this gem! So we do not abandon hope!

Have fun playing,
Arnaud.

Does it mean there are currently no new print runs for German editions of Cyclades and Kemet in production? So if Cyclades and Kemet are going out of stock in Germany they are gone?
Wow, that's bad. That's really bad!! surprise
I mean I have every expansion for them and fortunately the game components are language neutral. But still.
I am more disappointed with Inis. I already have it in German. But I don't want to have the base game in German and the expansion in English.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
France
Bordeaux
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kackarschen wrote:
arnaud4matagot wrote:
kackarschen wrote:
arnaud4matagot wrote:
gordon_II wrote:

Have fun playing,
Arnaud.

Hello,

Have fun playing,
Arnaud.

Does it mean there are currently no new print runs for German editions of Cyclades and Kemet in production? So if Cyclades and Kemet are going out of stock in Germany they are gone?
Wow, that's bad. That's really bad!! surprise
I mean I have every expansion for them and fortunately the game components are language neutral. But still.
I am more disappointed with Inis. I already have it in German. But I don't want to have the base game in German and the expansion in English.

Inis: I expect Pegasus to print "Seasons of Inis" since they recently carried the base game, but there is no guarantee.
Cyclades: It should be down to very small pockets of unsold copies.
Kemet: I think the last produced print run of the game was Multilingual so the base game remains, but the expansion really needs an interested partner.

Hopefully other like you love our games in Germany and local Partners will take the games.

Have fun playing,
Arnaud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Brennecke
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mb
kackarschen wrote:
Wow, that's bad. That's really bad!!

I agree. Too bad!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.