Battle of Britain» Forums » General

Subject: Me 110 and fuel rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Gorman
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From a read of the rule book me109s can break for home early if they stay they use all fuel they roll 2 dice.
The me110 has same fuel rules as the 109 but cant head early would it make more sense for the me 110s to use the bomber fuel rules as it was a longer range fighter?
Just an idea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play that the Bf 110 uses the bomber fuel rules. The term “fighter” is never really defined in the rules, and historically the Bf110 range was at least no worse than the Ju 87’s, and not that much shorter than the medium bombers.

I assume the terms “fighter” and “Bf 109” are supposed to be synonymous.

An official FAQ for this point would be welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NimitsTexan wrote:
I assume the terms “fighter” and “Bf 109” are supposed to be synonymous.

The return home rule specifically references the Bf 109s. So I also play 110s as bombers for fuel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Massey
United States
Orlando Area
Florida
flag msg tools
A "fighter" is a squadron that cannot drop bombs.
The "turn for home early" part of the rules only applies if the German is spending 2 tokens for 10 moves.

There is a lot of confusion due to having lots of aircraft types in the models provided, but for gameplay there are just 'planes that can drop bombs' (bombers), and 'planes that cannot drop bombs (fighters)'.
Of course, as in all of Richard's games, tweak the rules as you wish; the point is to have fun. (and roll lots of dice)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AF Davis
msg tools
What if a player has used one fuel and then decides to use only one more for an additional five spaces instead of ten. Can’t the 109s bug out or only if two additional fuel are used?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ciaran McCann
United Kingdom
Belfast
Nothern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
billmassey wrote:
The "turn for home early" part of the rules only applies if the German is spending 2 tokens for 10 moves.

There is a lot of confusion due to having lots of aircraft types in the models provided, but for gameplay there are just 'planes that can drop bombs' (bombers), and 'planes that cannot drop bombs (fighters)'.
Of course, as in all of Richard's games, tweak the rules as you wish; the point is to have fun. (and roll lots of dice)

I think you're missing the point of the query.

The rule is; "Fighter squadrons turning for home early"
But it then only mentions Bf109s.
So if Me110s and Me110Ds are fighters does the rule apply to them and if not why not and then when reaching for home now should they be treated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kihon wrote:
billmassey wrote:

I think you're missing the point of the query.

The rule is; "Fighter squadrons turning for home early"
But it then only mentions Bf109s.
So if Me110s and Me110Ds are fighters does the rule apply to them and if not why not and then when reaching for home now should they be treated?

That, and, historically, it does not make sense to penalize the 110s (which a cruise range similar to the Do 17 and Ju 87) more than the 109s for fuel, but if the 110s have to use the fighter fuel rules, but then are also not allowed to turn home early, they will constantly be taking fuel exhaustion casualties on the reach for home phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Veenenberg
Netherlands
Vinkeveen
flag msg tools
Ranges (to a target) are:

Me109 E1-E4 (25 Gruppen): 410 miles.
Me109 E4/B (1 Gruppe: II/LG2) and 3.Staffel Erpr.Gr 210 (250 kg)
Me109 E7 (1 Gruppe: I/LG2): 680 miles

Ju87 B1-B2 (9 Gruppen)loaden (750 kg): 370 miles.
Ju87 R1 (I/StG1, II/Stg2) loaden (500 kg): 480 miles

Me110 C1-C4 (6 Gruppen: I/ZG2, ZG26, II+III/ZG76): 482 miles
Me110 C4/B (Erpr.Gr.210) loaden (1000 kg): 482 miles.
Me110 D0 (Erpr.Gr.210, I/ZG76, II/ZG2, V/LG1): 750 miles

Do 17 Z2-Z3 (9 Gruppen + 1 Staffel) loaden (1000 kg): 745 miles

He 111 P2-P4, H1-H4 (19 Gruppen) loaden (2000-2500 kg): 1200 miles.

Note: only Kgr.126 flew the vastly superior H4 type (speed: 270 mph).

Ju 88 A1 & A5 (17 Gruppen) loaden (2000-2500 kg): 1550 miles.

Important notes:

Me109's barely came to north of London, Me110 D's could reach Scotland!

Stuka's never bombed targets in Sector 12!!

Me110 Erpr.Gr. did bomb targets in sector 12.

Dorniers, Heinkels and Junkers without or less bomb load could fly at longer ranges. F.e. A Dornier 17 with 500 kg could fly up to 1000 miles!

Some Ju87's could drop 1000 Kg bombs but then had no rear gunner!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.