Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
This is where you can discuss the "Slow and Steady Wins the Race" Math Trade.

All rules governing the trade are located in the Math Trade Geeklist Header. By participating in the trade, you agree to those rules. Thanks!

Dates
- Submissions close: Thursday, August 2, 2018, 11:00 PM EDT
- Wants due: Monday, August 6, 2018, 11:00 PM EDT
- Results posted: Shortly Thereafter

Math Trade Geeklist: Slow and Steady Wins the Race Math Trade | trade geeklist
Request Geeklist: Slow and Steady Wins the Race Math Trade | requests
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
STATUS REPORTS HERE

There seems to be some OLWLG issues at the moment, so the trade is pending manual acceptance into the system. Hold tight and subscribe and I'll let you know when it's ready. If you want to add items through BGG that's fine, but adding via OLWLG is out at the moment.

Managed to get the trade submitted to the OLWLG and now it's pending approval. Hopefully it will be available there shortly.

Olwlg is working
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
You toast the waffle.
badge
In a syrupy voice, the awful waffle walker tries to butter you up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to make sure for 100% clarity:

Quote:
Sweeteners of expansions for the same base game may be offered.
So a base game can be offered with sweeteners that consist only of expansions for that base game. Correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
quietcorn wrote:
Just to make sure for 100% clarity:

Quote:
Sweeteners of expansions for the same base game may be offered.
So a base game can be offered with sweeteners that consist only of expansions for that base game. Correct?
Correct. Thanks for checking!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nelson Cox
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any outside of the scope stuff?

Like Scythe Metal Money for example?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
GamingCoupleGA wrote:

Yep, those are game related, so sure. I would have though those had an entry by now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
walbertosmith wrote:
Regarding the 6.0+ requirement... is that the Geek Rating or the user average rating? I'm guessing the latter, but just wanted to make sure.

Some examples:

- Adrenaline: 6.793 Geek Rating, 7.2 avg
- Pax Renaissance: 6.748 Geek Rating, 8.2 avg

Not eligible?

- An Infamous Traffic: 5.872 Geek Rating, 7.3 avg
- The Swarm: 5.817 Geek Rating, 6.4 avg
average rating on BGG of 6.0. This is what shows on the game page in the hexagon and on each geeklist item as "Average Rating"

If a listing does not meet the 6.0, it will be deleted from the list when I see it (as there is nothing the lister can do to remedy that apart from stacking the votes on the game )

Both you asked about are eligible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walberto Smith
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Appreciate the clarification, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Brandt
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:
GamingCoupleGA wrote:

Yep, those are game related, so sure. I would have though those had an entry by now.
They have an accessory entry but not a board game one. I’m pretty sure the olwlg handles accessories fine.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameaccessory/211947/scythe-m...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
Will update OLWLG settings after lunch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just want to check in before adding my item:

I was hoping to add a single item of Dominion: Prosperity with Dominion: Seaside. From reading the sweetner / bundle rules, I think that it might fall in the lines, but I want to check before posting.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
refudiator wrote:
Just want to check in before adding my item:

I was hoping to add a single item of Dominion: Prosperity with Dominion: Seaside. From reading the sweetner / bundle rules, I think that it might fall in the lines, but I want to check before posting.

Thanks!
Yeah, I'm going to allow expansions bundles FOR THE SAME GAME, even if the base game is not included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much, and thanks for running this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris SC

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The one time I try to bundle is the one time I miss a new rule . Back to individual entries.

Sorry to be a pain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bender
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
savagec wrote:
The one time I try to bundle is the one time I miss a new rule . Back to individual entries.

Sorry to be a pain.
I'm kind of disappointed you can't bundle those - I'd like the lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Fred
United States
Southwest
flag msg tools
badge
Fez.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Kevin. Thanks for running this. Could you add "RPG Items" to the OLWLG as an option?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
FezAZ wrote:
Hi Kevin. Thanks for running this. Could you add "RPG Items" to the OLWLG as an option?
Done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Minister of Sinister
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Attack roll!
mbmbmb
I've ripped 9 games off the shelf for failure to make all 5 of us happy at all times. Are they bad games? Hell no! I don't buy or otherwise acquire many of those at all. These are good games that need a new home.

Edit: Looking to trade Rumplestiltskin! for Scythe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
REMINDER:

You are expected to subscribe to all of your items on the trade. If questions arise, you will be notified and can answer them. I may be asking for corrections or clarifications and likewise I will see questions from others as well. If I deem them to be of valid concern (condition, edition, etc...) and they are not addressed in the listing before it locks down, your item may be blanked from the trade.

I proof every listing before posting to OLWLG to try to head off issues before the trade is processed and trouble happens. I run these erring on the side of caution. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris SC

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Even if you don't subscribe, it tells you in multiple places within the OLWG as well. Pretty nifty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
biff pow
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asking for a clarification because people have already listed some great things I'd really like (game posting jerks mutter mutter).

Is it alright if I list a lot of cards from a CCG as long as that CCG has a rating above 6? The idea of "base game" doesn't really apply in the same way as for a board game with expansions, because CCG expansions aren't listed separately in BGG. But I also understand if my posting a lot of cards (in this case, from Star Wars Destiny) would seem somehow to be skirting the rules. If it's any help, it would be a mix of rares, commons, and uncommons--very playable stuff and not junk.

Just trying to put something higher value in to get a shot at some items that I'd like.

I'll happily abide my whatever you deem just : )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
biffpow wrote:
Asking for a clarification because people have already listed some great things I'd really like (game posting jerks mutter mutter).

Is it alright if I list a lot of cards from a CCG as long as that CCG has a rating above 6? The idea of "base game" doesn't really apply in the same way as for a board game with expansions, because CCG expansions aren't listed separately in BGG. But I also understand if my posting a lot of cards (in this case, from Star Wars Destiny) would seem somehow to be skirting the rules. If it's any help, it would be a mix of rares, commons, and uncommons--very playable stuff and not junk.

Just trying to put something higher value in to get a shot at some items that I'd like.

I'll happily abide my whatever you deem just : )

Just list as "Outside the Scope of BGG" and give it an altname. No linking to Destiny (except by name).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
biff pow
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:

Just list as "Outside the Scope of BGG" and give it an altname. No linking to Destiny (except by name).
Thanks, Kevin. I shall do as directed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curious - why no sweeteners? It's a nice way to toss in a smaller game that wouldn't make sense to ship individually while making the main game more attractive. My example: it makes no sense for me to ship Hanabi for $7-8 when it's close to that new, so I'd rather add it as a sweetener.

I like the other quirks of this MT: I really do like having the average BGG cutoff as it cuts out a lot of the chaff, but I am curious about the no sweeteners rule.

Also, tone is hard to read in text on the internet. I'm not complaining or trying to start an argument, I'm genuinely interested in learning about the pros/cons of sweeteners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
YellowJack wrote:
Curious - why no sweeteners? It's a nice way to toss in a smaller game that wouldn't make sense to ship individually while making the main game more attractive. My example: it makes no sense for me to ship Hanabi for $7-8 when it's close to that new, so I'd rather add it as a sweetener.

I like the other quirks of this MT: I really do like having the average BGG cutoff as it cuts out a lot of the chaff, but I am curious about the no sweeteners rule.

Also, tone is hard to read in text on the internet. I'm not complaining or trying to start an argument, I'm genuinely interested in learning about the pros/cons of sweeteners.
Thanks for your statement on tone... it certainly is hard to gauge. But your question is certainly valid.

For every desirable and targeted combo, there are one or more bundles of either crap or such unrelated games that it clutters up the list. A bundle with many such titles will have limited appeal, especially when people already have one or more of them.

The goal here was to create a trade where you're getting a single game (or game with related expansions) in exchange for another. Smaller games like Hanabi will be collateral damage, but the next math trade will most likely be more wide open again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] |