Recommend
16 
 Thumb up
 Hide
349 Posts
[1]  Prev «  10 , 11 , 12 , 13 , 14  | 

Commands & Colors: Ancients» Forums » General

Subject: New CCA Vassal module (v 4) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I also see this, and it seems unnecessary.

I find the Card hand box hard to manipulate. On one monitor it has to be small, and the card images on hover are far too big (I know I can fix this ala TGW). However, if the display could be vertical as well as horizontal, that would suit me better. Admittedly I can manipulate this, but the card auto draw is set horizontal I believe.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Crespi
Italy
Bologna
Bologna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Changelog:
- added KPxx scenarios
- added TTxx scenarios

Will have a look at recent fix/suggestions.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Crespi
Italy
Bologna
Bologna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Minedog3 wrote:
I find the Card hand box hard to manipulate.


Hi Mark,
as you said cards are "stacked" horizontally but you can easily drag a bigger "hand window" and layout cards in 2 separate stacks.
(see picture)

Moreover you can "detach" cards from actual stack to see an "individual card zoom" (hovering it).

Please let me know if this could work for you.
Ale


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Crespi
Italy
Bologna
Bologna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sushidog wrote:
One thing I've noticed in the new module that I'm hoping is just a setting that can be turned off is the logging of every unit that gets ordered. I see no benefit of that in the text log as we can see them perfectly with the little grey disks, and it really clogs up the text log. I'm wondering if I've changed a setting on my end by accident as I don't remember seeing this before.


Hi Grant,
are you talking about "unit ordered" log only or also "attack FROM" and "attack VS" logs?

I can easily remove all of them if unneeded.
Ale
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giulio
Italy
Scandiano
RE
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Minedog3 wrote:

I find the Card hand box hard to manipulate.


Mark, it's easy to have the cards in a column. If you move the leftmost card out from the gray area, the cards in that area are automatically shifted left. Hope this helps.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giulio
Italy
Scandiano
RE
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ale,
just a curiosity, I'm too lazy to look at the code, the winning ratios in the scenario chooser are retrieved from your site or are defined statically?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giulio
Italy
Scandiano
RE
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sushidog wrote:
One thing I've noticed in the new module that I'm hoping is just a setting that can be turned off is the logging of every unit that gets ordered. I see no benefit of that in the text log as we can see them perfectly with the little grey disks, and it really clogs up the text log.


On the other hand, in this way you can check which units were ordered in a previous turn without rewinding the game, which is always annoying. I understand the point but I see a trade-off here.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Crespi
Italy
Bologna
Bologna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
g1ul10 wrote:
Ale,
just a curiosity, I'm too lazy to look at the code, the winning ratios in the scenario chooser are retrieved from your site or are defined statically?


Ciao Giulio,
scenario chooser statistics are retrieved "live" from C&C website (they are refreshed every time you open "scenario chooser")!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giulio
Italy
Scandiano
RE
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Caesar wrote:

Ciao Giulio,
scenario chooser statistics are retrieved "live" from C&C website (they are refreshed every time you open "scenario chooser")!


Awesome Ale!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Linneberg
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Caesar wrote:
sushidog wrote:
One thing I've noticed in the new module that I'm hoping is just a setting that can be turned off is the logging of every unit that gets ordered. I see no benefit of that in the text log as we can see them perfectly with the little grey disks, and it really clogs up the text log. I'm wondering if I've changed a setting on my end by accident as I don't remember seeing this before.


Hi Grant,
are you talking about "unit ordered" log only or also "attack FROM" and "attack VS" logs?

I can easily remove all of them if unneeded.
Ale


Hi Ale-

I find all those clog up the log. I'd love an option to be rid of them so the text log is cleaner.

One other thing I've noticed is the button to turn off sounds doesn't always work. I know I can edit the module and get rid of the sounds that way, but I thought I'd give you the heads up.

-Grant
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Crespi
Italy
Bologna
Bologna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sushidog wrote:
I'd love an option to be rid of them so the text log is cleaner.


Ciao Giulio,
do you think this could be handled in the same way you did for "sounds"?
Let me know if we could make it.
Thank you
Ale
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giulio
Italy
Scandiano
RE
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Caesar wrote:

Ciao Giulio,
do you think this could be handled in the same way you did for "sounds"?
Let me know if we could make it.
Thank you
Ale


WARNING TECH JARGON: The solution I can imagine is having a global boolean variable and putting all report actions inside a trigger that check the value of the variable. This requires to change piece prototypes definitions and consequently a necessary update of all the scenarios...

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY, I'd rather aim to consolidate the actual code for an official release, 4.1, on the VASSAL page. Please name the file in accordance with the version in order to avoid misunderstanding. The Open tournament is due to start soon and it seems we are going to have new players. They tend to be easily confused (I was when new). I'd recommend collecting all suggestions and requests in a todo list for the next release.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERSCHEL SARNOFF
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
do you have to download and reinstall the module everytime you add scenarios?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giulio
Italy
Scandiano
RE
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
t341 wrote:
do you have to download and reinstall the module everytime you add scenarios?


If they are included in the main module, yes.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giulio
Italy
Scandiano
RE
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
@Ale: the open tournament is started. I was thinking to write a message to recommend everybody to download and install the last version of the module. Presently, the version on VASSAL is 4.0. Do you think to upload version 4.1? Notice that Version 4.0 has a bug affecting Linux users (like me) that is fixed in 4.1.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Crespi
Italy
Bologna
Bologna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just uploaded V4.1 module on both Vassal and GDrive.
Here you can find a direct link available until official approval on Vassal website.
CCAncientsV41.vmod
7 
 Thumb up
6.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERSCHEL SARNOFF
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
thank you!!!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Linneberg
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the "sound off" button work for everyone else? It does nothing for me. I tried opening the module and renaming the sound files (to hide them), but then the module throws up an error message every time it tries to play a sound. I can't figure out a way to get the module to stop making its (silly) noises but let other sound play on my computer (i.e. simply turning my sound on my monitor down is not an option if I'd like to listen to music while playing).

Anyone else have this problem? Or more importantly, anyone have a solution?

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Kvevlander
Sweden
Röbäck
Västerbotten
flag msg tools
I'm sort of yellow on the inside. (Missing Japan ...)
badge
Obey the beard!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Try replacing the sound files with dummy files containing only silence. It's an ugly hack, but should work.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel [working on TENNISmind]
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sushidog wrote:
Does the "sound off" button work for everyone else? It does nothing for me. I tried opening the module and renaming the sound files (to hide them), but then the module throws up an error message every time it tries to play a sound.

Last time I tried, before the button was added, opening the module file as a zip file and deleting the sound files worked fine.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Linneberg
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
franchi wrote:
sushidog wrote:
Does the "sound off" button work for everyone else? It does nothing for me. I tried opening the module and renaming the sound files (to hide them), but then the module throws up an error message every time it tries to play a sound.

Last time I tried, before the button was added, opening the module file as a zip file and deleting the sound files worked fine.


Tried that. You get lines like this in your log window:

- Bad Data in Module: Barbarian Light Infantry [Play Sound - {If(sound==1,"move_foot.wav","silence.mp3")}] - Audio Clip not found Clip=move_foot.wav

- Bad Data in Module: LDR [Play Sound - Roll_Dice.wav] - Audio Clip not found Clip=Roll_Dice.wav



1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Kvevlander
Sweden
Röbäck
Västerbotten
flag msg tools
I'm sort of yellow on the inside. (Missing Japan ...)
badge
Obey the beard!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As I said earlier, replace the sound files with silence, for example with these silent wav files.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Kvevlander
Sweden
Röbäck
Västerbotten
flag msg tools
I'm sort of yellow on the inside. (Missing Japan ...)
badge
Obey the beard!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
magu wrote:
As I said earlier, replace the sound files with silence, for example with these silent wav files.

Here is a zip with correctly named identical wav files containing one second of silence to drop into the sounds folder of the module. Works perfectly without any annoying error messages.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rdxhu6amim3ejw3/silent_wavs.zip?dl...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Linneberg
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
magu wrote:
magu wrote:
As I said earlier, replace the sound files with silence, for example with these silent wav files.

Here is a zip with correctly named identical wav files containing one second of silence to drop into the sounds folder of the module. Works perfectly without any annoying error messages.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rdxhu6amim3ejw3/silent_wavs.zip?dl...


Thanks, I'll give that a go.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  10 , 11 , 12 , 13 , 14  |