Popular Tags: [View All]
Walther Gerdts
Germany
Hamburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Use the blank cardboard tile supplied with the game as a Swiss Bank!

The player who looses his last government becomes owner of the Swiss Bank. The Swiss Bank can force a nation, where the owner of the swiss bank holds bonds, to stop on the investor field on the rondel. (The Swiss Bank cannot force the nation to enter Investor, when there are still other possible fields without passing over Investor). Only if the nation's treasury is not sufficient for all payouts, the nation cannot be forced to stop on Investor.

The player remains owner of the Swiss Bank
a) as long as he does not lead any government,
b) OR as long as there is no other player loosing his last government, who then gets the Swiss Bank from him.

Note: A player who - in advanced set-up - deliberately starts without any government does not get the Swiss Bank. The Swiss Bank is only given to players who loose their last government.

Other rules remain unchanged.

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walther Gerdts
Germany
Hamburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In order to print and paste the Swiss Bank, look in the image gallery where you'll find them now (both in English and German).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Marshall
United States
Peachtree Corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Going to give this a try today. We're going to use the advanced setup (for the first time) AND try it with 7 players, as well. A lot of new things to try at once, so we'll see how it all plays together.

Wish me luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick S.
United States
Laguna Niguel
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone played with this? It certainly would have helped me in my last game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Marshall
United States
Peachtree Corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We used it back in October when I posted the note above (although we only ended up with 6 players, not 7). As I recall, only two players ever saw the Swiss Bank card. The first guynwas kind of unfortunate in that the country he held the most bonds for was being run by a new player, who wasn't managing it very well - the coffers were bare most of the time, so he couldn't force an investor payout. The second guy to go flagless and take the SB card got to use it once and it gave him enough money to reinvest (as I recall, he remained flagless by choice, and just invested in a new country altogether).

It can definitely help someone who's lost their flag(s) from being shutout of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill K
United States
Unspecified
Maryland
flag msg tools
. . . then came the king's son, wounded, sore bestead, and weaponless, and saw the broken sword, hilt-buried in the dry and trodden sand, and ran and snatched it, and with battle shout lifted afresh, he hewed his enemy down . . .
badge
See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field . . . will he not much more clothe you? (NIV)
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the proposed variant.

Some additional thoughts:

(1) Permit the Swiss Bank holder to force the nation to stop on "Investor" as long as the controlling player won't lose money. (i.e.: As long as the nation has at least enough money to pay all players other than the controlling player--this might encourage the controlling player to stop on "Taxation" on his own.)

(2) Permit the Swiss Bank holder to force any of its invested nations to stop on "Taxation" if that nation currently has insufficient money to pay all non-controlling bond holders.

It might be necessary to limit the number of uses of the Swiss Bank to prevent abuses. Maybe two or three forced-"Investor" space stops.

(I also like this coupled with the "$1 million to un-nationed players who don't invest" variant.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Michael Hickey
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MacGerdts wrote:

The player remains owner of the Swiss Bank:
a) as long as he does not lead any government,
b) OR as long as there is no other player losing his last government, who then gets the Swiss Bank from him.

I think this ruling should become part of the official rules, in some form, as you can be pretty much out of the game if you lose your last government.I would also strongly recommend the following important change.:

Any number of player(s) can become owners of the Swiss Bank:

a) Providing that they lost their last government
AND
b) as long as they do not acquire leadership in any new government

The reason for this change is that under the Mac's original wording you would be no better off in these circumstances: If you just lost your last government and before your next turn, another player lost their last government and took the Swiss Bank from you.

I can't see why the latter player should be compensated but not the former when they are both suffering from exactly the same disadvantage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Weckermann
Canada
Powell River
British Coumbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Figure hunting this picture may be more trouble than it is worth and there for added it here with variant. Personally i think this variant should be added to game, as game has variants already included, why not add this one? The blank card is included why not print this on it and add the variant? Some allowance should be made when more than one player lose control of a nation. Another card like this, or the variant if a nation less player does not not make a purchase and/or does not have the Swiss bank card gets one million.

Took the 300 x 500 picture reduced it by 60% and printed it on sticky back sheets i use. This made it the correct size to be stuck on the blank chit provided in game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.